LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:36 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Best lld???
Page 3 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject:  

XxCold_DeathxX wrote:

I think Cold Sorc rules all. Still not sure on the best build for it all but I have won 95% of my battles with mine.

Welcome to the board! Good to see you finally came on over. And you should post your anti-sorc pally - it's a very inventive build that I'd like to see broken down.

Cold's blizz sorc can beat my necro - one of the few lld's I have met that can (lpb's charge/hammer being the other one). However, his sorc is hell rushed, and teleports; both of which are not allowed under clan-honor rules. I think a distinction needs to be made regarding "good" as per clan-honor rules, and good at level 30 lld period. I have serious doubts a non-hell rushed cold or fire sorc without teleport would stand a chance against my necro (or T_Maldo's). DDR's fire sorc - who is both well built and well played, hasn't beaten me. (Yet... Shocked )

Quote:
and i forget who said that necro can beat the other sorcs but not blizz in the first page, but that's true for the most part, but a truly skilled sorc of any type that uses teleport will never be hit by any bone spirits except an occasional IBS and rep life takes care of that.

I said that, and I disagree about teleporters never being hit by spirits. One of my common tactics against teleporters is to stay off screen and keep a steady stream (6-7 active at any time) of spirits flying in several different directions. The sorc will eventually close to try to hit me, and oftentimes will misjudge (or not be aware) of what I'm shooting where. I've won many duels because a sorc teleported behind me - and landed right in the middle of 400-500 points of instantaneous damage.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
XxCold_DeathxX

BNet Acct/Realm: Palm Springs
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject:  

Thx for the props Dao. Wink Didn't think I was worthy yet since all my items are only 5 months old since I stopped playing...I gotta stop doing that. Didn't know there was Clan rules involved...would like to play under clan rules but no one really follows them and no way to tell if someone does, not many ppl to duel either I would think. I have a hard time finding good ppl to duel as it is.
As for the non-teleport, I think that is unfair to make a rule like that...kinda like saying a necro isnt allowed to use bonewall/prison or barbs not allowed to BO. Maybe that is a rule ??? Anyway I think you should be allowed to use any skill that blizz gave you. However, they tried their hardest to stop the "rushing" so I can understand that rule.

Sorry got away from topic...

I rarely get caught by bone spirits unless they are invisible and I don't know how that heppens but it does and it kills me everytime (damn blizz programming)!

To speek on Belagon's(whatever his name is...no disrespect) mention on the FB sorc, blizz isnt the only thing i use to kill FB sorcs but tested true unless they have double the life and mana of my sorc i can out blast them with cold blast vs FB. Especially if someone would give me my ISO circlet Razz It is faster and does go farther but as for more dmg..like i said hotspur or infernos take care of that. If u are gonna tele on top of me and spam FB u better make sure you can out cast me.

Again....I don't have the uberest gear yet still need that next FCR break point.

About my pally.....I think he is pretty uniq even though I stole him off of someone else's lvl 15 build Wink But I am not yet rdy to post him...I wanna savor his uniqueness first Twisted Evil But I promise one day soon I will post him.

P.S. posting my +2 martial circlet and glove stats right now on my other post the only other one I have lol.

rarnold696969
Lvl 30: Cold Sorc, Elem Druid, Sorc Killing Pally
Vlld: TSin
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject:  

How does a fury druid beat a necro? I can understand if it's a very godly fury druid with perfect charms, but I'd think that the average fury druid would lose to the average necro because of low damage and not exceptional life.

Fire and cold sorceresses beat necros, but I think necro beats lightning. Lightening is probably the best build for killing other sorceresses, but fire is stronger than lightening overall vs other llds. Blizz is the coolest of the three though. Razz

Anyway, this is how I'd order it: fire sorc beats blizz sorc which beats bone necro, but I'd put necro as equal to the other two because his attacks are not as easily negated by hotspurs or stacked resist like the sorcs are.
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject:  

Trapper Very Happy probably the easiest good lld to build

don't make one though

Makaveli

BNet Acct/Realm: e_sc_nl *nosemonkey-b *nosemonkey-b1 *nosemonkey-b2
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject:  

necro > fb... with lld101 rules anyway.. necros have more range... so, if the necro has more r/w than the sorc, it should not lose... if it has less r/w, it would be more of a challenge, but i would still give the edge to the necro

dao, your right... necros can hit tele sorcs with spirit... if the necro can predict where the sorc is gonna tele, they will cast the spirits with their cursor near where they expect them to tele so it will hit them before they get a chance to tele again (especially since they will just be using 9 fps tele or slower because i dont think its possible to get 105 fcr without losing a good bit of damage on a lvl 30)

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject:  

dao jones how can you stay off the screen of someone who can teleport? they can easily teleport to the edge of yuor screen and drop a blizz and tele out. I know how to duel a blizz sorc on a necro i had a nec lvl 30 who in his default gear negated the best possible lvl 30 cold mastery because i knew they were my main match. I still could barely beat the 2 top blizz sorcs on east and that's only because i had more rep life than them and lots of cold res. i am certain that if eithr one of them had about 15 more rep life they would have won for sure. and getting gear like that on a necro is kind of far fetched anyways.
makaveli, of course nec beats fb sorc when it's no teleport allowed. nec can beat fb sorc 95% of the time WITH teleport allowed. there aren;t many truly skilled teleporters especially with a fb sorc. it's easy to be good with tele on an orber or blizz. with fb and light it's harder to be good at teleing but maintain good aim.
Anyways if following the lld101 rules i really can't think of much that could beat a necro unless stacking cold res was banned (cold sorc) and bonewall was banned (hammerdin)
kc, fury druid beats a nec by being a lot faster of a runner and using a range 5 weapon, i think meitou's dog is something like, if you don;t have at least 150%frw then when you stop to shoot he will hit you.. and with almost 2k dmg at 4 frame it hurts quite a bit, and with whatever the life is like 2800 life , it takes awhile to kill him too.
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
dao jones how can you stay off the screen of someone who can teleport? they can easily teleport to the edge of yuor screen and drop a blizz and tele out.

Well, I make sure that getting within a screen of me means contending with several airborne Spirits, and I keep Spears ready as soon as I see the flash of an incoming teleporter (and I keep moving, and with 73% fr/w I travel fast). Maybe I've just never met any good sorcs so far, but that tactic works fine for me most of the time.

SoaringSquirrel wrote:

Fire and cold sorceresses beat necros, but I think necro beats lightning.

Anyway, this is how I'd order it: fire sorc beats blizz sorc which beats bone necro, but I'd put necro as equal to the other two because his attacks are not as easily negated by hotspurs or stacked resist like the sorcs are.

Find a clan-honor built fire or cold sorc, and duel my necro, and then I'll be convinced of that order. Trust me - without teleport they won't win. Even hell rushed fire and cold sorcs can barely beat me, and I'm not the best dueler out there. (I just compensate by having good gear.)

XxCold_DeathxX wrote:
kinda like saying a necro isnt allowed to use bonewall/prison

We're not. Nor decrepify. =)

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject:  

I was talking about with tele because it's pointless to make a sorc w/o tele when it's available. Razz

As of yet, my level 30 non-hell rushed tele-blizz sorc has had little or no trouble with any level 30-35 necro, even when I'm dueling on a touchpad because of the stupid laptop! Maybe we should make our chars on open someday and duel for fun. Smile Also, then I can see how powerful my sorc would be hell rushed, mwahaha.

Also, isn't 73% frw slow for a necro? I thought necros usually go for 100+ frw in lld.

I was thinking about making a fury druid as well but I figured ww barb would be cheaper and easier to make and almost as good until I finished my charms and got extra 22-24 max jewels to spare for a shield and helm to make a druid.
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject:  

XxCold_DeathxX wrote:
As for the non-teleport, I think that is unfair to make a rule like that...kinda like saying a necro isnt allowed to use bonewall/prison or barbs not allowed to BO.

How are either of those things similar to the no-tele rule?

Bone wall/prison and BO don't allow for rapid covering of ground like teleport does, how are they similar at all? Teleport is banned because it gives the sorc an unfair advantage to other LLD chars. With tele, the sorc becomes one of the most dominant casters in LLD, if not #1. Without, it is still one of the best, and you can beat pretty much any ranged char with a non-tele sorc as long as they aren't stacking too much resist.

Bone wall is allowed, bone prison isn't. Of course BO is allowed. It would be silly to ban it.

And SoaringSquirrel, 73% frw is slower than your average necro, but isn't too bad. My necro has 95% frw, but uses p crown and has access to 5% frw scs, while Dao doesn't since he plays ladder.

Makaveli

BNet Acct/Realm: e_sc_nl *nosemonkey-b *nosemonkey-b1 *nosemonkey-b2
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject:  

Knarl wrote:
XxCold_DeathxX wrote:
As for the non-teleport, I think that is unfair to make a rule like that...kinda like saying a necro isnt allowed to use bonewall/prison or barbs not allowed to BO.

How are either of those things similar to the no-tele rule?

tele is one of the main advantages of being a sorc... like BO is one of the main advantages of being a barb...

in 09 duels (aka only tele on sorc), banning tele was a bad idea because there was no skill like blizz (it was there, but the damage was very low)... but now, blizz does so much damage and the only way to get out of its range is to run off the opponent's minimap making it way too overpowered as compared to non-sorcs in running duels now... so for any char that cannot rush the sorc has no real chance -- most of them would die by the time they get off of the blizzer's minimap. if the sorc chases (while being aware of spirits), its worse, because you cannot get out of their namelock making it very overpowered

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject:  

if a sorc has you named locked, they arent chasing you in the first place. you stand still when you name lock someone. name lock can also easily be "ditched" by runing behind a bush, or into a house, or past any other "line of sight" obstacle.

barbs need BO because they main opponent, the zealot, has far superior speed than them. they can hit much higher attack BPs, and thus the bigger life of a barb makes it a fair fight, coming down to ar/damage/defense.

necromancers dont need bonewalls to win, though many think they do. prison is banned, so it shouldnt even be brought up.

XxCold_DeathxX wrote:
Anyway I think you should be allowed to use any skill that blizz gave you.

lets say you are a barbarian. lets say you are facing a necromancer.
the necro already has the advatage that he has auto tracking skills, and is a ranged character. the only way the barb is going to hit you, is to come right at you. this works to your advatage, as if he runs away from your spirits, he isnt trying to kill you, so he has to run towards them (not at them, but definately not away from them if he wants to hit you)

now of a sudden, the necromancer curses you with decrepify. then he throws a clay golem at you. then he prisons you and kills you.

this is fair in your mind?

my point is, not all the skills available, are needed. and not all of them are good mannered.

sorceresses do NOT need teleport. in a league (lvl 9 -30) where a sorceress has the highest damage (2K+) of all the characters (casters) giving them the ability to never be hit, overpowers them to the point that it isnt even worth it to make any other caster, if you want to win.

one solution to fighting BM (decrepify, golem, prison) is to be BM back (teleport). but we dont allow BM tactics in this league.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject:  

doa jones i think most of us agree that necro beats sorc if it doesn't teleport, i didn't think that was what we were talking about. but if the sorc's teleport then soaring squirrel's order would be right imo... good fire will beat good cold, and good cold will beat good nec, but good nec can beat good fire.. basically only amazing fire sorc can beat a necro in lld usually, and that's still only if they don;t wear hotspur. if they wear hotspur the sorc would need to have over 2.5k damage and be super defensive but the nec's rep life would probably cover that anyways
Arcane[hoh]

BNet Acct/Realm: USeast - KY
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject:  

off topic:

just for clarification, every 20 rep life is ~1 life healed a sec? or is it every 10?

ISO:
ethereal swordback(prefferably with full durability)
eth\repair rare crown\great helm, 120+def with life\fhr\res\2sockets
13+life\def(4-8 def only, lvl 17) scs'

paying in currencies
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject:  

Which ranged chars could non-tele sorc beat? O_O

Bowzon would beat sorc, necro would beat sorc, trapsin would beat sorc, wind druid would beat sorc...all of these characters have advantages over the non-tele sorc, while the only advantage the sorc would have is higher damage, which can be negated, and their energy shield, which without tele can actually be a bad thing by bringing their mana down quickly and rendering them completely defenseless. Even with tele, there are certain characters that I still have trouble with using my lvl 30 norm rushed blizzer with almost all ideal gear (2 cold/magus/+3 blizz orb, 2/10 ammy, 2/20 circlet, +3 es 17 med insight on switch, full life charms some with mana, etc).

Anyway, forget about that, we've all been through this before and the only thing we discovered is that we're all stubborn old men. Razz

Okay, back on topic...I've been curious how a good lightning trapper does against a good sorc (the evil tele-pubbie sort Twisted Evil ), anyone know from experience? I would think that a godly trapper lvl 30 would beat sorc maybe.
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
Which ranged chars could non-tele sorc beat? O_O

Bowzon would beat sorc, necro would beat sorc, trapsin would beat sorc, wind druid would beat sorc...all of these characters have advantages over the non-tele sorc, while the only advantage the sorc would have is higher damage, which can be negated, and their energy shield, which without tele can actually be a bad thing by bringing their mana down quickly and rendering them completely defenseless. Even with tele, there are certain characters that I still have trouble with using my lvl 30 norm rushed blizzer with almost all ideal gear (2 cold/magus/+3 blizz orb, 2/10 ammy, 2/20 circlet, +3 es 17 med insight on switch, full life charms some with mana, etc).

Anyway, forget about that, we've all been through this before and the only thing we discovered is that we're all stubborn old men. Razz

Okay, back on topic...I've been curious how a good lightning trapper does against a good sorc (the evil tele-pubbie sort Twisted Evil ), anyone know from experience? I would think that a godly trapper lvl 30 would beat sorc maybe.

TS/lightning non tele sorc might beat bowzon and necro, if bowzon don't use slow/knockback, necro don't use decrypify/bone prison.

But anyway, a sorc without teleport is weird, if not a cripple.

Good sorc vs good lightning trapper, would be a good duel. If trapper don't use MB, any type of sorc has good chance. If trapper use MB constantly, sorc have no chance without massive amout of 15/70 charms.
Page 3 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: