LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:14 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Along came another ranger
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:  Along came another ranger  

Ok so...same idea as the other ranger http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=33414&sid=339cf8f04abaa782187b33b0f03ce2df

but....use a sorc with enchant. Would it work? My idea though is to use a cold armor of some sort, and energy shield also. Good idea maybe? Maybe also use thunderstorm? Eh, eh? Get all elements and some phys dmg in? Hows that sound? Good? Total crap?
BumbleGrundle

6.28 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject:  

Commit or die, if you're going to enchant you need all the points possible to make it viable and even then I doubt it will be at lvl18.

crap. How come no one responds to my insane ramblings. heh
Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject:  

I'm getting a max damage of 110-152 @ +137% AR at level 14 enchant (+7 skills), with maxed skills for level 24. (Points are left over assuming you hell rush: everything gets maxed.)

Add in a weapon switch for thunderstorm/eshield and teleport, and you're set... But. Let's compare to an equivalent holy fire ranger: 377-421 damage, assuming all points were dumped into holy fire/resist fire. That's without +skills.

Meh. Is tele/ES/tstorm worth the huge loss in damage? Doubtful. 'sides, you could just enchant your ranger with a charged staff... though those are only availible at 24, methinks.

Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
xshadow1

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject:  

There is an Enchantress build which revolves around a sorceress enchanting an Act 1 mercenary with a Raven Claw bow equipped. Then the sorceress teleports around to avoid danger (for herself or her mercenary) while the mercenary shoots exploding arrows at your enemy.

The point of putting it on your mercenary is (supposedly) that mercenary sources of damage are not subject to the 17% PvP penalty so they receive the full benefit of enchant.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is as viable at lower levels (at clvl 19, the best Enchant will give you +69-98 damage -- then with the supposed 1/3 reduction for ranged weapons, it's not going to be much).

(At clvl 30, you can get a 745-919 damage Enchant which seems much more worthwhile -- of course, the competition at level 30 is also significantly tougher than it is at 18.)

Level 18 Shiver Armor Sorceress Discussion
.I.O.W.A.

BNet Acct/Realm: I'm Back.
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:  

xshadow1 wrote:
There is an Enchantress build which revolves around a sorceress enchanting an Act 1 mercenary with a Raven Claw bow equipped. Then the sorceress teleports around to avoid danger (for herself or her mercenary) while the mercenary shoots exploding arrows at your enemy.

The point of putting it on your mercenary is (supposedly) that mercenary sources of damage are not subject to the 17% PvP penalty so they receive the full benefit of enchant.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is as viable at lower levels (at clvl 19, the best Enchant will give you +69-98 damage -- then with the supposed 1/3 reduction for ranged weapons, it's not going to be much).

(At clvl 30, you can get a 745-919 damage Enchant which seems much more worthwhile -- of course, the competition at level 30 is also significantly tougher than it is at 18.)

What is this 1/3 thing you'r talking about, cuase I was planing on making a chant sorc and giving me and my merc a raven claw.

xshadow1

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:  

.I.O.W.A. wrote:
What is this 1/3 thing you'r talking about, cuase I was planing on making a chant sorc and giving me and my merc a raven claw.

Supposedly, Enchant only adds 1/3 of the listed damage to ranged attacks (it's part of the skill description). Given some of the bugs we've seen though, I'm not sure whether this is really the case -- could someone with more knowledge confirm?

Level 18 Shiver Armor Sorceress Discussion
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject:  

I belive spuds made a guide to this on a different website. It was a enchantress but he used a mercanry instead of using his sorc. If your planning on going to 30 Ill give you the link.

http://d2xp.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=9235

If you look at his signature you can see a small picture of his enchantress. His build didnt do too much damage at a time but it was near impossible to hit.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject:  

Check out the sticky. There is a link to enchant information there.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: