LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon May 20, 2024 8:36 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Best overall LLD build?
Page 6 of 7 [105 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
DeadlyLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: ShadowReborn
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject:  

Well, I think that maybe on a non hell rushed char that follows all LLD101 rules and uses no bugged or duped items, a hammerdin may just be about as good as you can get overall (although it still really does all come down to the person who is dueling)

However, my personal favorite hell rushed LLD char would still have to be a fireball sorc. I think that the only LLD char that would consistently kill a godly fireball sorc would be an amazing blizzy sorc (with unlimited teleportation on both chars, a fireball sorc can avoid just about everything but blizzard, and since an insanely well played blizzard sorc would be able to avoid most fireballs while hitting a few bliz every once in a while, the bliz sorc would probably win in the end)

I am pretty sure that Bela and Mei have dueled necro vs fb sorc, and I think that they are almost even. However, Bela is about as good as you can be with a necro IMO, and even though I think Mei may be about as good as there is with a fireball sorc in the LLD world, the maneuverability that a sorc can get from teleport leaves lots more room for improvement (I think it would technically be possible for a sorc to dodge all spears and spirits and still get in a few hits with fireball every once in a while)

Nonetheless, realistically speaking, I think that out of every LLD char ever made (with the creator being the person who actually duels with the char), Bela dueling with his necro is as good as it gets.
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject:  

DeadlyLLD wrote:
Well, I think that maybe on a non hell rushed char that follows all LLD101 rules and uses no bugged or duped items, a hammerdin may just be about as good as you can get overall (although it still really does all come down to the person who is dueling)

However, my personal favorite hell rushed LLD char would still have to be a fireball sorc. I think that the only LLD char that would consistently kill a godly fireball sorc would be an amazing blizzy sorc (with unlimited teleportation on both chars, a fireball sorc can avoid just about everything but blizzard, and since an insanely well played blizzard sorc would be able to avoid most fireballs while hitting a few bliz every once in a while, the bliz sorc would probably win in the end)

I am pretty sure that Bela and Mei have dueled necro vs fb sorc, and I think that they are almost even. However, Bela is about as good as you can be with a necro IMO, and even though I think Mei may be about as good as there is with a fireball sorc in the LLD world, the maneuverability that a sorc can get from teleport leaves lots more room for improvement (I think it would technically be possible for a sorc to dodge all spears and spirits and still get in a few hits with fireball every once in a while)

Nonetheless, realistically speaking, I think that out of every LLD char ever made (with the creator being the person who actually duels with the char), Bela dueling with his necro is as good as it gets.

Hey, who's this? You must be someone that I know, hehe.

I do get lazy sometimes on my fb sorc, but sometimes it's because I know that I can tank before I finish the duel. And, it's not so easy to land fireball on a moving target, unless you get really close, and that, make it hard to avoid all spears and spirits.

When I dueled bel, he had to put on hotspur, then I had to put on massive life replenish gears. At the time, he didn't have his build for replenish, so in the long run I would win. But I am sure if he had some life rep stuff, both of us would just bored out, not to mention if he put on 95% fire resis. But, hey, try to catch a teleporting sorc with a necro. Razz

As for build vs build, I think a TS/lightning sorc can beat necro, blizzard sorc can beat necro too, but take longer. Also if it's bel's necro, with low blocking and slow running but tele staff, a bowzon would be ideal killer for that build.

Blizzard sorc is the weakest build in sorc vs sorc duel. That may sounds weird, but I had done lots of duels vs Thor and others so it's just what we found out.
DeadlyLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: ShadowReborn
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject:  

Hmmm, well I know that you can get 5k+ dmg lightning with a good orb on a lvl 30 hell rushed lightning sorc, but since it takes so much longer to cast, I didn't think that a lightning sorc would do much better vs a necro. However, I did duel vs the best fireball sorc from last season of ladder in US East, Mitsuko (Royale on this site), with a lvl 30 lightning sorc that I made, and it certainly seems that lightning sorcs have amazing potential (the only LLD item I can think of that increases max lightning resist is the Holy Thunder runeword in a scepter, and I can't imagine anyone switching to that to duel a lightning sorc...except I guess if you had a 4 os war scepter with +3 hammer +3 conc, I guess that could be nice for a hammerdin vs lite sorc duel).

Oh and by the way Mei, I met you almost two years ago I think when I was fairly new to LLD. I had a pretty nice lvl 29 kicksin named ShadowOfTerror back then (account name was DeadlyLLD, but I gave the password to a guy named Val and a guy named ElSmokinMonkey, and I think that one of them changed it on me while I wasn't playing for a month), and I talked to you quite a bit to try to figure some stuff out about LLD in general. I dunno if you remember me, but you were always sorta a legend so of course I remembered you Razz. However, almost as soon as ladder came out I switched over to that, and I haven't dueled much at all in non-ladder since then. If you are ever on ladder, my new and improved account is ShadowReborn.
Moritz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject:  

hmm lol i havent taken a look into this topic for 1 day and now there are 6 sites full of flaming hehe.

one thing i wanna refer to tho, which i ve just read on the 1st page:

Quote:
Thats because you're on europe where if you beat the two other llds you're the best in the world

dont think there are only 3 llds on europe realm just because there are only 3 active members at lld101 forums. i personally think that europes llding even has a longer ''tradition'' than in the US (my clans lld page exists since .0Cool and there are still a little more than just 3 llds. i think the main prob why there are not more llds from europe here is that most of the builds and topics here refer to lld101 rules and no one except ubermoose and NuB build their chars after these rules Smile

back to topic:

i think trappers are strong indeed, but spirit, string of ears and viper give other builds too much mdr and abs imho.
my opinion is still that there is no uber ultimate and best build in lld.

in general you can say that the best char is the char which is played perfectly, it doesnt matter which char that is. altho there are some chartypes which got more potential than others, its your skill with your char that makes you win or lose.
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject:  

I did some calculation about dual spirits damage reduction. Correct me if I am wrong.

Assuming both spirits are 8 magical absorb, then it equal to 32 magical reduction, and this is after resis.

Also assuming the pally is using perfect vipermagi and string of ear, that's 28 magical reduction, but before resis.

So, for vs elemental damage:

With 75% resis, the pally can negate
((32/0.25)+28 )/0.17=917 damage

with 85% resis (nokozan relic, or infernostride),
((32/0.15)+28 )/0.17=1419 damage

with 90% resis (Hawkmail, or hotspur)
((32/0.10)+28 )/0.17=2047 damage

with 95% resis (nokozan relic, and hotspur or infernostride)
((32/0.05)+28 )/0.17=3929 damage

And, for vs magical damage such as spirits and hammer
(32+28 )/0.17=352

So...dual spirits hammerdin is very good vs any type of lvl 30 caster which does elemental damage, better than I thought.

When pally is without +max resis items, cold and fire sorc should have fair chance vs it. However if pally use +max resis item, it can totally negate blizzard and fireball from a lvl30 sorc. On the otherhand, if the pally does that, sorc can just be defensive and pally can't touch it.

As for lightnig damage, thunderstorm won't work in this case, totally negated. Lightning sorc with 4k+ damage could have chance. Lightning trapper with 1600+ damage would have better chance. Note that 917 damage negation doesn't mean you can stand in traps with 1-1834 damage and won't be hurt, because the higher end damage dealt is more than what you can absorb at the lower end damage.

I believe necro can beat hammerdin fairly easy with proper bonewall skills, not to mention necro can prison, decrepify and use telestaff.

Now back to the original topic. I don't think there's any best overall build. A necro can be close to that, but it can't catch teleporting sorc, also I think a bowzon have great potential beating a necro.

Hammerdin is certainly not the best though, because a life replenish charger (40life/sec, 4k damage, about 1k life) can do all the hammerdin can do, and it can beat trappers easily, and it can beat hammerdin too. The only lvl30 char such charger can't beat would be a prison using necro, but again, if necro use prison, charger can just stay away and laugh. Razz
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject:  

A desynch pally will beat anything IMO. If it charges in 1 direction all across the Blood Moor it will be desynched a whole screen and kill you when your screen is clear.

I consider this BM, but people do it all the time in hld.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:  

i don't think i would need to puton hotspur on him if your sorc didn't have 4,000 mana from special charms Razz i think with an aevrage amount of mana about 1300 the necro could win vs that sorc all the time and about 75-25 for necro without hotspurs, but i dont really care about those charms anyways

and breakbeatz if a necro just places his bonewalls correctly it will undesync the pally before it even gets onto the necros screen and un-inviso all the invisible hammers too, and you can also basically direct wherever you want the pally to even travel within your screen just by making pathways and halls of bonewalls
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject:  

Moritz wrote:
i think the main prob why there are not more llds from europe here is that most of the builds and topics here refer to lld101 rules and no one except ubermoose and NuB build their chars after these rules Smile

The only lld101 able char i have is my hammerdin and i only didnt hellrush him because he doesnt need it.

My nec is lvl 30 because it allows you to kill high lvl ppl a LOT easier than you can at lvl 29 [i killed a lvl 92 enigma hammerdin the other day:D]

On the topic i think hammer/charge pala no doubt.
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
i don't think i would need to puton hotspur on him if your sorc didn't have 4,000 mana from special charms Razz i think with an aevrage amount of mana about 1300 the necro could win vs that sorc all the time and about 75-25 for necro without hotspurs, but i dont really care about those charms anyways

and breakbeatz if a necro just places his bonewalls correctly it will undesync the pally before it even gets onto the necros screen and un-inviso all the invisible hammers too, and you can also basically direct wherever you want the pally to even travel within your screen just by making pathways and halls of bonewalls

Bel, you used 7 "special charms" on the necro too, don't say that's not a big deal, because it make you be able to fire spirits almost non stop all the time, and thus more chance to produce invisible spirits. Also, it make you have more life because you don't have to use less perfect life/mana scs.

On the other hand, special charms or not, if you don't use +max resis stuff, you will be stunned by fireball all the time. My sorc does 3.3k damage, you need 1500+ life to avoid being stunned. I can simply tele to your face and fire till your end. Hmm, now I remember that I actually did it, and then we think it's impossible for that necro to deal with fireball without any +max resis so you put hotspur on.
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject:  

meitou wrote:
Also there's a big flaw in your simulation duels when using the 89 pally. The 89 pally doesn't need to switch to conc to get about 1.5k damage. And that is impossible for a lvl30 vigor build. And it's a little sticky to switch auras as you are switching charge to hammer at the same time.

lol I never thought of that ><

mei does the + magic absorb on spirit work with elemental attacks? I thought it only negated magic attacks while mdr and % magic reduction work with elemental.

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Hmmm, well I know that you can get 5k+ dmg lightning with a good orb on a lvl 30 hell rushed lightning sorc, but since it takes so much longer to cast, I didn't think that a lightning sorc would do much better vs a necro.

You can't get 5k+ damage while using realistic gear on a lightning sorceress, not to mention you won't hit the 117 FCR BP with a standard 2/20/3 setup.

And mei, I thought the magic absorb on spirit only works towards non-elemental, pure magic attacks, so it really only affects hammers and bone skills. I think Blizzard is smarter than making a cheap, low level item that lets you absorb every type of magic damage. There was a thread on this a while back, and, if I recall correctly, Jerkazoid confirmed that the magic absorb only worked towards pure magic attacks, meaning not elemental or poison. Anyway, if anyone has any doubt about this, it can be easily tested in-game.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject:  

Ah, if both of you and jerkazoid says the spirits doesn't absorb elemental damage then I must be mistaken. I didn't look it up anywhere nor did I test it, I was just guessing.

Good news for casters, hehe.

Yeah with reasonable good gears, a lightning sorc can do 4K+ damage, lightning cast is slow though.
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject:  

Isn't the 8 frame bp 105 fcr?
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Isn't the 8 frame bp 105 fcr?

Lightnning and chain lightning have different cast breakpoints.

Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject:  

meitou wrote:

Hammerdin is certainly not the best though, because a life replenish charger (40life/sec, 4k damage, about 1k life) can do all the hammerdin can do, and it can beat trappers easily, and it can beat hammerdin too. The only lvl30 char such charger can't beat would be a prison using necro, but again, if necro use prison, charger can just stay away and laugh. Razz

Ehh. 4K damage, 1K life, AND 40 life/second? 40 life/s = cleansing + level 20 prayer + 250ish life rep. I can can imagine 100 life rep at the most... And that's without any charge damage/AR, and most likely under 1K life. Am I missing something?

Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
Page 6 of 7 [105 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: