LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu May 09, 2024 1:28 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Best overall LLD build?
Page 1 of 7 [105 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Peekz

BNet Acct/Realm: Peekz
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject:  Best overall LLD build?  

I like using my hammerdin, but I've got desynch down prety well, and that might be why. I heard that pnb necros can be good, and I actually have a friend with a level 42 necro that can almost kill my level 89 hammerdin, if I don't teleport. What do you think is the best LLD char?

Over and Out
DDRFreak

BNet Acct/Realm: uswest sc [L]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject:  

very common debate. hammer/bone necro. Knarl has best necro i believe, and some guy (im sure everyone else knows) has a hammerdin that can (did more than once?) beat knarl.

Previously *UC-LLD *UC-BigJohnson (friend(s) playing them as of 9/3/06)*USNavy currently NEW LADDER *USSHueCity
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject:  

There is no best LLD char. A trapper beats a FB or lightning sorc sorc (with tele as well), a sorc beats a necro, a necro beats a trapper. The biggest problem a necro faces is a slow attack with limited mobility, while every other character either has either a fast attack or good mobility. On the other hand, he has a wide array of defensive and offensive skills at hand to put to use, more than any other LLD char, which more than makes up for the slow attack/mobility problem.

In the fight between a bone necro and hammerdin, if the necro uses good bone wall placement and fires the spirits (or spears) accurately, he can take out even the best hammerdins 90% of the time.

On east, IIRC, Bel's old necro was undefeated (or nearly) by the other top LLDs at the time.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Arcane Killer

BNet Acct/Realm: East HCL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject:  

You have to say which level you are contemplating. A bs nec can't be the best lld at lvl 18 considering it wouldn't be able to use bs. O.o
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
There is no best LLD char. A trapper beats a FB or lightning sorc sorc (with tele as well), a sorc beats a necro, a necro beats a trapper. The biggest problem a necro faces is a slow attack with limited mobility, while every other character either has either a fast attack or good mobility. On the other hand, he has a wide array of defensive and offensive skills at hand to put to use, more than any other LLD char, which more than makes up for the slow attack/mobility problem.

In the fight between a bone necro and hammerdin, if the necro uses good bone wall placement and fires the spirits (or spears) accurately, he can take out even the best hammerdins 90% of the time.

On east, IIRC, Bel's old necro was undefeated (or nearly) by the other top LLDs at the time.

My hammerdin is undefeated by any lv30 norm/hellrushed caster on west (best of 5 or 7 matches). The last time I remember even dying once to another lld was when I was dueling Knarl. Bonewalling causes some problems, but isn't too hard to deal with. It's also hard to fire spirits/spears "accurately" at something you cannot see most of the time.

If well played I think a hammerdin is the best overall and can compete well against all types of llds.
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject:  

Ehhh wrote:
My hammerdin is undefeated by any lv30 norm/hellrushed caster on west (best of 5 or 7 matches). The last time I remember even dying once to another lld was when I was dueling Knarl. Bonewalling causes some problems, but isn't too hard to deal with. It's also hard to fire spirits/spears "accurately" at something you cannot see most of the time.

If well played I think a hammerdin is the best overall and can compete well against all types of llds.

wow, is your hammerdin norm or hell rushed? my hell rushed hammerdin has twice the damage at 125 cast more life and still manages around 50 life rep. its amazing how your char can beat all the 30s on west, shows how scarse llding must be over there now Confused

hammerdins are decent, not the best though. my trapper doesn't lose to them 1 vs 1, and good sorcs and necs shouldn't really have a problem either. Actually any good long-ranged character should be able to defeat hammerdins, even my lld poison zon kills em Shocked

Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject:  

Hellfireclanx wrote:
Ehhh wrote:

wow, is your hammerdin norm or hell rushed? my hell rushed hammerdin has twice the damage at 125 cast more life and still manages around 50 life rep. its amazing how your char can beat all the 30s on west, shows how scarse llding must be over there now Confused

hammerdins are decent, not the best though. my trapper doesn't lose to them 1 vs 1, and good sorcs and necs shouldn't really have a problem either. Actually any good long-ranged character should be able to defeat hammerdins, even my lld poison zon kills em Shocked

Are you forgetting that unpleasantness known as desynch charge?

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject:  

nope. They are short ranged, if you know how to duel a hammerdin you will almost never get hit.

TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject:  

I agree that a well played character can fight a hammerdin without being touched. I know a few people who can defeat his hammerdin without getting touched but they don't abide by lld101 rules.
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject:  

Hey, the LLD poison zon is ownage, especially since she got GA, don't make it sound like she sucks. Razz So far the only people I've lost to using her were LLD godlies that I couldn't/could barely beat with KoM-Anri to begin with! P.S. I want a reduel vs Defenestration since she's had the GA remake. Twisted Evil

At level 18, a (hellrushed) bone necro is still the strongest LLD, and the only characters who would give them much trouble are fissure druids and bowzons, and that's only if he doesn't recast armor and wear hotspurs.

If you'd like, Ehhh, I can set up a LLD hammerdin on USEast who you can test out against some of my LLDs (provided someone doesn't already have some LLDs made on open, which would make things a lot easier). That way we can finally see how west duelers measure up against east and vice versa, too, and I'm sure we've all been dying to see that fight!

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Ehhh's hammerdin is norm rushed.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject:  

HFCX, not to mock your trapper, but my hammer was able to get a draw with your trapper at one time...

Heh, i even saved the ear...

Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject:  

you can't win every time, but most of the time my trapper will win against hammerdins. It also depends on which of my computers I'm on ><

Moritz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject:  

imho u cant say whats the best one, because it always depends on how good you can handle your char. really powerful ones can be hammerdins/trapsins/chargers/hybridamas/necs, but as squirrel said, some chars are simply better vs a certain char type, whereas they suck vs a diferent char type... really depends on how good u are with your char.
NuB

BNet Acct/Realm: a[noob2] EuropeSCNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject:  

I'm gonna look a fool for asking this but.. hey :S

People keep banging on about a desync charge. I understand what it IS more or less, but how do you do it?

I can end this debate for u... My CS ama is the best LLD in the world, ever, well, she is to me Very Happy only prob is smiters and some hammerdins (mostly due to dual spirits magic abs and the mdr from the viper >.< i think Sad )
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject:  

Moritz wrote:
imho u cant say whats the best one, because it always depends on how good you can handle your char. really powerful ones can be hammerdins/trapsins/chargers/hybridamas/necs, but as squirrel said, some chars are simply better vs a certain char type, whereas they suck vs a diferent char type... really depends on how good u are with your char.

exactly, theres no char that can beat everything

NuB wrote:
I can end this debate for u... My CS ama is the best LLD in the world, ever, well, she is to me Very Happy

Thats because you're on europe where if you beat the two other llds you're the best in the world Razz

Page 1 of 7 [105 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: