LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:17 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Level 18 Bladesin
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Skitzofrenix

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject:  Level 18 Bladesin  

Hey, I recently found a 14 ed superior eth blade talon and i want to get PKing/dueling on hc. I have never made a bladesin before and i'd like to try it out, but i'm not sure if the damage will be strong enough to kill someone before they will leave a game. What kind of dmg do they pull out? I know i've heard 600ish listed, but what is that REALLY when you are shooting out 10 of them at a time with 20 crit? Thanks in advance.

p.s. I definitely won;t have top of the line gear. I will have regular max jewels and not a lot of charms.
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject:  

I have never seen anyone make a decent low level dueler using Blade Fury. This is a Assassin using Blade Fury as its main skill, or is it an Assassin using Blade Sentinel as its main skill? I think this character would be nice because you'll require no attack ratings. Maybe you should use an equipment with Knockback on it. I think you should only socket your weapon with maximum damage jewels because for Blade Fury, it adds 3/4 of your weapon damage to your Blade Fury damage. This'll be an original Mr. Green. Also, is it true that if you die on "Hardcore", your character is erased or something (I've been wondering what's so different with "Hardcore")?
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject:  

Mr_Puddles wrote:
I have never seen anyone make a decent low level dueler using Blade Fury. This is a Assassin using Blade Fury as its main skill, or is it an Assassin using Blade Sentinel as its main skill? I think this character would be nice because you'll require no attack ratings. Maybe you should use an equipment with Knockback on it. I think you should only socket your weapon with maximum damage jewels because for Blade Fury, it adds 3/4 of your weapon damage to your Blade Fury damage. This'll be an original Mr. Green. Also, is it true that if you die on "Hardcore", your character is erased or something (I've been wondering what's so different with "Hardcore")?

ear_god and rkids have both done it before. It's a viable LLD build, but the damage is fairly low and I don't think you'll be able to beat people before they s/e.

yarly
Skitzofrenix

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject:  

Alright thanks for the responses. And yes, if you die on hardcore you are dead for good Surprised
eAr_gOd

BNet Acct/Realm: E/SCL: eAr_god, eAr_DeViL, ear_ections (shared)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject:  

You can get over 600 damage and 20% crit, but still thats probably not good enough for pKing because they can save/exit. Also, its a bit harder to hit people running away from you with blade fury, although its easy to hit someone trying to attack or move in on you. Actually, if someone tries to run straight at you they are pretty much dead if you have knockback... it takes less than 3 seconds for them to die provided they are running and not walking. I've never played HC but I'm betting they have better survival skills than that.

BTW, blade fury DOES require attack rating.. although its not displayed it uses the same AR as your normal attack.

I guess in summary: blade fury is awesome for dueling, but not so awesome for pKing.

Necropantser: Lvl 9 Summoner/Sacrifice hybrid necro
ObiWanShinobi: Lvl 9 TS assassin

Always looking for gear upgrades, particularly 15life Scs with lightning damage or mana, and defiance/zeal war sceptors.
Skitzofrenix

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject:  

Hmm, how do you think this setup would sound. Eth gothic plate with 4x max jewels, 3x max jeweled crown, angelics, treads, bfists and maybe deaths for sash, BSoD w/ 2x jewels, and for the wep an eth superior blade talon with 2x max jewels?. Max claw mastery for the level, and a few points in burst of speed.
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject:  

Skitzofrenix wrote:
Hmm, how do you think this setup would sound. Eth gothic plate with 4x max jewels, 3x max jeweled crown, angelics, treads, bfists and maybe deaths for sash, BSoD w/ 2x jewels, and for the wep an eth superior blade talon with 2x max jewels?. Max claw mastery for the level, and a few points in burst of speed.
I'm not sure, but I think the Blade Fury damage only comes from your weapon, not your armors. If what I think is correct, it would be a waste using maximum damage jewels.
eAr_gOd

BNet Acct/Realm: E/SCL: eAr_god, eAr_DeViL, ear_ections (shared)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject:  

Mr_Puddles wrote:
I'm not sure, but I think the Blade Fury damage only comes from your weapon, not your armors. If what I think is correct, it would be a waste using maximum damage jewels.

this is incorrect: max damage on your armors etc. DOES work, blade fury takes what your damage would be with normal attack then applies the pentaly, so everything works.

Skitzofrenix wrote:

a blade talon can get 3 sockets, so why only use 2 max jewels? Also, ethereal weapons get a buttload of damage from Enhanced Damage, though still not as much as a 15maxer, but your ideal jewels for your blade talon would be 20 ED 15max. on an eth blade talon, 20ED = a 3 min 4 max jewel, so a 20ED 8 max is better than a plain 15max, and a 20ED 15max would be like a 3-19 jewel.

id use cow king boots and bloodfists. IMO gothic armor requires too much str (70) and slows you down 10%.. . Your ideal armor would be an 80ED -60% req ancient armor which will require 40 str and give you 90 more life than using a gothic. 80ED will give you more damage than 60 max damage as long as you use max jewels elsewhere.

Necropantser: Lvl 9 Summoner/Sacrifice hybrid necro
ObiWanShinobi: Lvl 9 TS assassin

Always looking for gear upgrades, particularly 15life Scs with lightning damage or mana, and defiance/zeal war sceptors.
Skitzofrenix

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject:  

Cool, thanks for the advice, although i forgot about one important factor: knockback! Witha nef in my wep i could achieve this but that would be at the cost of a lot of dmg, so i figure clegs gloves would be the only way to do so? That anc armor sounds sexy but i don;t see myself acquiring more than 1 or 2 of those jewels if any at all haha. The gothic plate is eth so it only costs 60 str, but i might end up using a light plate for speed.
food-ranger

BNet Acct/Realm: The.Dragon@useast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject:  

I have a level 18 blade fury sin on easl NL
i use a lightplate for the run speed, if you plan on using this character for GM duels id use crafted knock back gloves, if your going to PK use clewgaws gloves (kb and 25% slow)
also bladefury does use AR, it has the same AR as your normal attack.
it does get a bonus from 15max jewels in your armor/helm/shield

Ideal set-up:
Eth Rare Bladetaon High%ed 2os 5%ctc amp.
45 max LP or 80%ed -60%ed Ancinet
30 Max VBOSD
Angelic's
Deaths belt or rare Open wounds belt
Craft gloves with KB (clewgaws gloves are BM)

for you helm you could use a 45max Mask but i use a 1-111 light dmg 30max 20%run circlet

For Charms
6max 30AR+ 18-20 Life GC's or 15life 1-11 Light dmg sc's

On-Switch
2x +1Shadow Claws for Prebuff of BOS

You can outrun anything with this build, but it is hard to aim, but if you can perfect your aim and manual targetting this build can be deadly especialy if your lucky enough to get a real sick claw

Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: