LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:54 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
DTM JEWELS
Page 1 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
ShadowsNStars

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject:  DTM JEWELS  

whats the big deal with DTM ? lol, ive never run out of mana on any of my duelers~ ususaly duels dont last long enough for you to drain that much mana, i could see better use for other prefixes on jewels
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject:  

Damage to mana jewels aren't usefull on all builds, basically smiter or vlld jabber or basher would be the only one to use them as far as i can think of
bob-marley

BNet Acct/Realm: new jersey
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject:  

coming from a person with a smiter dtm is my friend:)
sure if you use mana pots you dont need dtm, but people who pot=no skill

so...goodluck potting Wink

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject:  

actually people who pot for mana = dont have items to take care of it.

lots of people mana pot. including myself. i assure you, i have plenty of this so called "skill".

what builds do you have shadows? tell us that and we can tell you why you havent had a need for DTM.

ShadowsNStars

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject:  

to be quite honest i have a few oddball builds~ ususaly things that nobody would want, um....

zeal barb
pleague jav / ga / jab zon
smiter
passives barb ( just no combat skills, regular attack, )
hybrid trapper / dragon claw asn
hydra / ts sorc

um, there are probably others, i dont really remember right now, all are around lvl 30 ?

its not that i dont really need dtm, i mean, im sure its great for sorcs who use mana like crazy~ ( teleing around and such )

its just that i would find alot more use in attack rating or something of the sort
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject:  

take level 9 amazon for example,
yes, the attack rating jewels are nice for her, but what good will attack rating do for her once she runs out of mana and cant even jab? she will want 1 or 2 jewels with damage to mana, and many people just get rare ones with damage to mana, ar, 9-14md, and other mods like life or -15%req etc. on their jewels. most people wouldnt prefer a dmg to mana/max over an ar/max, but it's good to have 1 or 2 of them on certain builds, usually the people who go for the luxury of dmg to mana are theones who are rich enough to afford the dmg to mana jewels with high ar and max
ps.- i dont think mana potting= no skill
although i dont think it should be done just because the whole point of a balanced build is to be able to get enough mana and life to survive without having to pot. "Hmmm i have no mana on this build, oh well i will just mana pot." same as "hmm not enough life, oh well life pot works nicely"
all that being said, i use mana pots myself aswell, when i need to
Gg_UnKnown

BNet Acct/Realm: usEast NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

my lvl 15 sorc needs dtm to kill ppl with 700+life or max res gear :*(
Rancid

*Hc_Muzzle
usEast Ladder
Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject:  

As much of the "skill" in LLD or VLLD is in the build as there is in the duel. Making a totally self contained character that is not dependent on any types of Pots take skill. It is much easier to make a build that is using Mana pots instead of DTM jewels or anidote potions and thawing instead or Death Set. If you pot then you can use Bloodfist with all its nice stats and a fhr belt with +strength thus giving you extra points to dump into life and you can totally ignore putting any points in energy, even on a mana intensive build. It is mush harder to gather up and combine all the jewels and items it takes to make a build that needs absolutely no pots of any kind and can still win consistently. That is why there is such a demand for jewels with DTM as one of the mods.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject:  

but does the aquisition of such hard to obatin expensive gear = this skill?

it certianly is appluadible and imressipve and all.

anyway DTM is needed.. without the 45% dtm on my 22 smiter id be in a lil trouble.. and the kicker and javbber defiently has use for a good amount.

Delybrio

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Nonladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject:  

Potting is just a failure to take something into account in your build. That being said, I believe there is absolutely no reason to mana pot, thaw pot, or use any other type of potion.

I dont understand the justification for people using mana pots. You dont have enough mana for your build? Use more mana charms, or put points into energy. Its the same as useing health pots or rejuvenation pots.

Dont have enough mana to use your skills? Mana pot!
Didnt bother to give yourself cold resistance? Thaw pot!
Dont' have an effective way to deal with poison damage? Antidote pot!
Dont have enough health to take the big hits? Health pot!

They're all the same in my book, any potting is just plain dumb.
Vietthehand

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest *vietthelld *vietthefoot
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject:  

you forgot "cant run far enough? Stamina Pot!"
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject:  

Jerk- Not necessarily the acquistion of these expensive items=skill. More like the planning of the characters attributes and assignment of the stat points in addition to the acquistion of these items = skill. For example: figuring out that it is going to take you X amount of time to do enough damage to beat a character with 500 Life and that you use y amount of mana per second so therefore you have to have Z anount of mana to maintain your attack for X or you will likely lose. Then factor in how much DTM you have and work out the results.

But yes, acquiring these expensive items takes skill and persistence too. A lot more skill than going to Akara and buying pots.
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject:  

Delybrio wrote:

I dont understand the justification for people using mana pots. You dont have enough mana for your build? Use more mana charms, or put points into energy. Its the same as useing health pots or rejuvenation pots.

They're all the same in my book, any potting is just plain dumb.

ahem. build a level 33 warcry barb using the 105 FCR BP. show me how you can kill someone with 800 life without potting. id like to witness it.

barbs get 1 point of mana per point of energy. 4 points of life per point of vitality. why would i waste it on energy instead of vitality?. and mana pots are nothing like health pots and rejuv pots. both of those prolong your life, as in adding more life, allowing you to take more hits. mana pots just give you the ability to do more hits, but they dont guaruntee that your hits will land. see the difference?

as for "get more mana scs". yea, its that easy. let me go pick a few off my godly lld charm tree. Rolling Eyes sometimes people dont have access to every piece of gear they need. sometimes they dont have time to trade for the gear they need. sometimes they just dont care.

thinking every person who pots, is then same and just plain dumb, IS just plain dumb.

Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject:  

my level 33 wc barb had 1200 mana, 3000 life and 24% damage to mana, he killed my friend's 1300 life 75% blockign conc barb without running out of mana. and you dont need any sort of godly lld charm tree to find a few 40+ mana gc's or 10+ mana sc's with no other mods, it's amazingly easy to get those
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject:  

In a way, mana potting does prolong your life. If you are attacking and inflicting damage you may be block locking the oppenent or kicking them into FHR delay so you are interrupting their attack. You run out of mana and you can't do that so you die. Maybe the build you mention isn't a viable LLD build if it can't win without potting?

I have spent over two years perfecting my favorite VLLD build. She is totally self contained ie. no pots of any kind. To do this I have had to research and gather and trade and spend a ton of time putting her togehter. Compromises had to be made in assigning stat points and what equipment to outfit her in to make her pot free. So now am I to understand that I could have foregone the DTM jewels and the Death Set and just filled my belt with mana pots and thawing pots and antidote pots and just put all my points into life? PHFFFT! I have to agree with Dela 100% on this one.
Page 1 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: