LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 7:19 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
30 Bowazon build attempt
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
VexShadowfyre

BNet Acct/Realm: Somewhere deep insiiiiiiiiiide
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject:  30 Bowazon build attempt  

Yes, I have searched for about 30 minutes for anything 29-30 bowa related both under bowazon search and by author "spazz"

Gear-
sanders gloves
sanders boots
deaths belt
Hailstone Nock
howltusk 15 max
up'd 15 max twitch
mahim oak(until I can afford an imp)
Sojs(Manald heals' for now)

I know a close estimate as to what to put for stats

Quick question

Should I save points for Vitality and use 5 str larges or go the extra points and use 14-15 lifers?

Skills

1 penetrate
8 critical strike (so with imp and 2 sojs will put it at the 61% spot)
12 GA
1 slow missiles
1 inner sight
1 decoy
1 valkyrie
4 in each of the dodging skills
3 prereq's to GA

Get back to me about this.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 Bowazon build attempt  

VexShadowfyre wrote:

Quick question

Should I save points for Vitality and use 5 str larges or go the extra points and use 14-15 lifers?

absolutely never.

each 5 stat lc COULD be 2 +15 life sc's (ie 30 life, and they could have seconds mods). but 5 stat lc's only opens up 5 vit stats wich is 15 life.

the only reason ud go for LC's with stats is bc u wanted to use a nice sharp LC with +5stats and u needed the better AR then the small charm versions.. but for GA u dont need ar

VexShadowfyre

BNet Acct/Realm: Somewhere deep insiiiiiiiiiide
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject:  

Righteo, Any other improvements or possiblities/problems you see?

other than "Uber Godly Joolz" or a Max dmg Mask?
Delybrio

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Nonladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject:  

I dont remember exactly the stats on Hailstone Nock, But you'll need 89 ias total with a gothic for a 9 FPA shot

If Nock has 40 base Ias, Hel it (or ed/-req if you prefer expensive stuff) and use Death Gloves. Another option is Nef, but I'd rather save an extra 20 stats.

If Nock has 20 base Ias, Shael it and use Death gloves. Either way, 9 fpa and 15 resist all is something that you'll be needing.

Instead of your helm, consider a plain ED% helm. You may lose the kb, but keep in mind it doesnt trigger every time. A 60% Ed helm (or 70% with a two socket Deadly circlet) is fairly cheap, and will add a comparable amound of Max, as well as min, as long as you have a good source of +max dmg from your charms.

About skills: I personally wouldnt bother with the Decoy/Valk/Inner Sight/Slow Missile.

They take away from precious points that could be invested elsewhere. Not to mention, Mana is a premium with a bow amazon, and these are costly, and largely ineffective skills. SM is the exception, but it wont be used in a good mannered duel anyways. Invest in Inner/Slow Missile, if you must, but nothing more than that.

Max GA
Max Evade
Enough for 50% Avoid
1 point in Dodge.
3-4 into multi
1 into Penetrate
Rest into Critical.

Dodge works vs Melee attackers. You shouldnt be needing this at all. Avoid and Evade are the two most important ones, since your primary opponent will be a spellcaster.

You must have at least 55% rw. No less, or the build will be too slow and fail.

About stats:

I havent really figured out what I prefer right now. I'm building a variety of bow amazons, all with different stats. Some use bare minimum dex, and other use full-out dex.

Its up to you to decide what you can do/afford. It seems that Pure dex would be the way to go if you had a nice charmset. That way a 1.1k+ dmg GA and 700 life is possible.

My two cents anyways

Vietthehand

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest *vietthelld *vietthefoot
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject:  

im not sure on the stats of your bow but i made a bowzon, duno if its too successful or not yet.
my gear was
uped rogues bow (nef)
3 sokcet max helm
3 socket life/max light plate
death gloves/belt
sanders boots
soj/soj/1skill amy

i didnt feel like calculating the best ed/max ratio to hit the best damage with gear i had so the damage isnt too impressive, only 500ish (only 15 max jewls and few 10 max gcs) but it has 8 frame shooting. this build leaves alot of room open for socketing to get better damage.
all the other main points about bow zon delybrio did a good job covering.

Will

BNet Acct/Realm: East L : *BloodPhoenix
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject:  

I suggest you Rogue's bow upped too like viette..

Hmmm...I Wonder....
xZephyrX

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject:  

She's going to need some cannot be frozen from something......maybe do deaths gloves and belt. I personally prefer hybrids at this lvl because you can equip a string and skill/ias gloves when you flip to java and a rhyme. Comes in handy for the rarities when your opponent is phys damage or another bowzon.
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject:  

I don't know about that CBF.
My zon got along fine without it.
In my opinion, if you manage to get hit by anything that would make you frozen, you're dead anyway.

Melee's with cold damage, big deal. If they hit you once , you're pretty much dead. If you lock them in place with KB, their dead. I say ignore CBF and see how it works, a good cold sorc will beat you anyway even if you have CBF. Most if not all LLD zons too for that matter.
GodHatesMe

BNet Acct/Realm: USEAST
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject:  

I'm planing on making lvl 30 zon. But i'm cofused about the ideal weapon choice and the ias needed aswell as some gear choices. Some thread I read said that the german wpn speed calc wasn't accurate for guided........ I always assumed that guided just went under standard attack.

So Far i'm using

upped twitch
3 max crown
p strings
rare boots or sanders havn't decided
rare +2 amulet
bfists
1 or 2 sojs maybe rare ring
and upped rogues bow

1.according to the wpn calc on the german site I should have 8 frames with rogues with 80% ias is this true?

2.if so with DS and CS combined with a relativly low lvl of CS maybe (6-8 wit skills) should I have a fair amount of dmg output compared with a zon that was using rare classic dupe or ashwood.

3.How importent is using deaths belt instead of strings for cannot be frozen? should I keep one in stash incase I need it?

4.How importent is KB? is it worth sacrifing max jewel in rogues for this.

5.IS rogues even a viable bow compared to rare classic dupe or am I wasting my time building around it.

6. What would u say the best dmg/speed setup CS & DS for lld bowazon would be what wpn and how much ias? Basicaly i'm trying to figure out if I should use rogues or classic dupe........I want to use rogues cause its cheaper but if i'll suck with it i'll fork over the sojs for a classic.

thanks for any help or links......i've already looked at just about all the links in can find in these forums on the topic though.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: