LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:46 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
need advice on duelers for a tourney...
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
BtK-Spinal

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject:  need advice on duelers for a tourney...  

hey all,

i'm making 2 lld chars for a tourney coming up, max lvl 20. The rules of the tourney are no jewels or charms. Gems are allowed, no slow tho. Pretty much all builds are allowed.

So far, 1 of my duelers is a lvl 20 fireclaws druid with the following stats:

SKills:

3 fireclaws
12 molten boulder
the rest for prereqs

Gear:
+3 fireclaws helm w/prubies
angelic ammy//rings//armor (sock w/pruby)
khalim's flail
sigon shield
sigon belt
sigon gloves
sander's boots

my life is in the 1000 range.

i'd like u guys to critique my build. also, any suggestions as to a second dueler to make would be appreciated. There are going to be over 20 duelers in this tourney, so a lot of different builds. I'm sure there won't be any 1 build owns the rest type, but i'd like suggestions of variant builds that are still viable. thanks=)
OSA

BNet Acct/Realm: O-S-A on East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject:  

You might like the mods on Cow King's boots over the Sig's. +20 dex +30 or so fire damage.

Oh yeah, what class of build were you thinking of for the 2nd? Caster, or melee?

B[x] wrote:
Yeah, I'd nominate Andy for 101's Best Hair award if we had it. I loved running my fingers through it while visiting him.

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject:  

This sounds like a cool tournament. Is it a regular kinda thing? I'd like to be in on such a thing, if it were.

But more to the point of your question: I second OSA's suggestion. +20 Dex, 25-35 Fire damage are pretty nice mods.

Also, you don't seem to have "cannot be frozen" anywhere on your build, nor any appreciable source of poison resistance/reduction. I would imagine in a tournament without charms (a big source of resists for traditional lld) or jewels, some people will probably be using cold and stacking perfect emeralds in their gear. A six-socket pemerald weapon would probably be hellish against anyone without good poison resist (600 poison over 7 seconds, or about 85/second). And since you're melee, cold damage is not your friend. You could probably squeak by with low resists for fire, cold and lightning, since I'm not sure anyone could mount an impressive amount of elemental damage at that level without charms, but poison damage is cheap, plentiful, and at levels under 20, far more potent in gem format that the other pgems.

I'd offer a few more suggestions (like Twitchthroe in place of the Angelic, even if you'd lose the +1 skill off the Angelic ammy), but I'm not really familar with the Fireclaws build, so I wouldn't want to lead you astray. But maybe you might want to keep a military pick with 6 pemeralds on weapon switch in case you find someone with low poison resist. Wink

As for a second dueler? Since it doesn't seem that this tourney is Clan-Honor based, maybe a Holy Freeze Zealot? Nasty little bastards, those guys, and if you can find a War Scepter with +HF and Zeal or maybe Charge, and socket it with five gems, you'd be one nasty mofo.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
OSA

BNet Acct/Realm: O-S-A on East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
As for a second dueler? Since it doesn't seem that this tourney is Clan-Honor based, maybe a Holy Freeze Zealot? Nasty little bastards, those guys, and if you can find a War Scepter with +HF and Zeal or maybe Charge, and socket it with five gems, you'd be one nasty mofo.

Heh I made a "slowadin" for my last zealer. He rocked. Although he was 100% BM. I went level 21 and had 4 into HF, and used that one unique flail. level 21 req weap. I can't remember it's name, but it has 50% slow on it. Total I had 90% slow. Then I found these fourms and found out how cheap they are. So I'm re making him atm to a regular zealer. If they allow slow and what not in your tourny, I'd deffantly try the HF aura. It may not seem alot of damage, but it's deffantly over-powerd. Another build that I want to try is a Blade sin, or a Hammer sin.

Yeah Twitch would be a wise thing also. It gives tons of mods you'd want. 20% Fhr, 20% more block, 10 str 10 dex. It should help you get max block with base dex if you mix in the Cow Kings.

Then about the cannot be frozen. If the char you're facing has any form cold damage it'll cripple you alot. There's two things that I found after a little seach that'll give you cannot be frozen. I think there is more things that could give you this mod.
1. Deaths belt. You'd lose some mods off the sig's but I think this belt would be the best choice.
2. Harsu's set. Full set gives you cannot be frozen. I don't think it's worth it though.

You should do fine with the Deaths belt I think.

B[x] wrote:
Yeah, I'd nominate Andy for 101's Best Hair award if we had it. I loved running my fingers through it while visiting him.

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject:  

Wha?...

What happened to all the good advice where people suggested SANDER's BOOTS. They are MUCH better, with +100 AR and +5 str +10 dex. Yes cow king's gives more dex, but the 100 AR is much more invaluable. And the fire damage is near useless...

Death's gloves and belt all the way. No need to splurge up in strength.

Shield...Ah I just realized the no jewel rule; so I would go for a vulpine BSoD with 2 perfect diamonds. This will give you ample resists vs. elem damage.

For the helm, I would use that helm, but you could add PDiamonds instead for the AR boost if it's needed. 1200+ AR is probably enough.

Angelics are perfect choices, and khalim's is most probably a no-brainer.

Your elem damage would suck badly IMO...

If I had a choice for this tourney, I would make a level 20 smiter 100% because it would dominate Cool

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject:  

I have a quick question. There's nothing against runewords, right? Why not try out a kicker with a malice claw? I think that might be decent in a duel. I'm not sure just how well that would do, but with the no jewels rule, I don't think there's going to be a lot of high damage characters, which seems to be the problem with kickers now. No godly zealots and you should be fine. I agree with ThatGuy on the fireclaws build though. Sanders will be better in the long run I think.
BtK-Spinal

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject:  

hey all, its me again

good point on the poison/cold dmg. I might remake the druid, as i think i pumped vit too much (can u pump vit too much on an hc dueler? lol) so i didnt have enough str for the sigon shield w/out using the sigon gloves as well.

also, as for poison reduction, i could either tweak build to fit death's sash/gloves, or i could put clegaw shield on weaponswitch~~ -75% poison length i thinK? gimme your ideas please. I am thinking most likely i'll just tweak and use death's set for the cbf mod.

vulpine BSOD is also a good choice, but i need to shop one first...i'm sure it wont be too difficult. granted resis are important, but would they be more important than the +dmg/+life that sigon shield would offer? and how about if i socket sigon w/a pdiamond?

sanders i think is better than cowking for the aforementioned reasons. If i was using a build that had a high dex req, i would go cowking, but alas, i love khalim's no req.

and finally, the twitch vs angelic armor...once again, +1 skills translates into life and dmg, as opposed to the blocking help i'd get from twitch. both very important. any advice from people with fireclaws experience would be appreciated.

alsol, i've been considering making a smiter. i'm sure i could make a caster, but i think life would be an issue. only caster i really considered was hammer sin, but i will search this website for other interesting builds. more input if possible Very Happy

***also, for those who are interested in joining the tourney, go to www.diabloii.net. In the hardcore forum, there is a post 'calling all useast duelers!' sign up there=)
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject:  

OOOOOO a fire sorc with a leaf staff would own all.

But in any case, my personal fav would be a smiter. If you are considering making one, PM me for some build critique.

Whoa how did I miss out on armor...Angelics might work out considering the no-jewel rule, but the twitch stats are invaluable.

Hey, maybe you could use angelic sickle? I'm too lazy to check the Ias Breaks but it might be just as faster (faster?) than khalims, and you'll still have all those nifty bonuses.

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: