LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:28 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
New Build Idea?
Page 1 of 3 [33 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject:  New Build Idea?  

I was thinking of making a level 18 Zealabarb (lol at the name) as my next character. I think that it'd work like a Defiance Zealer with its high defense. Well, here's what I'm thinking my set-up would look like.

Helmet: +Iron Skin, high base defense, 3 socketed Assault Helmet or Avenger Guard (max dmg jeweled)
Armor: 450+ Defense Eth/Rep Ancient Armor (max dmg jeweled)
Weapon: x2 or x1 15 Max Damage jeweled Zeal charges War Scepter
Shield: 3 socketed Tower Shield (ed jeweled)
Gloves: Sigon's
Belt: Sigon's
Boots: Cow King's
Jewelry: Angelics
Secondary Weapons: x2 +1 Warcries weapons for prebuffs

Skills:
18 - Mace Mastery
1 - Iron Skin
1 - Howl (for Shout)
Rest - Shout

These are some questions that I've got. Would it be worth using a shield with no deflecting mods because Zeal can't be interrupted? How much do charges usually cost around for repairs? My final question is, should I keep a Death's gloves+sash in my stash for duelers with cold damage (which most duelers have)?

Comments and Suggestions please. If anyone has tried this before, help me out Razz. Also, please tell me if a Conc Barb would be much better than this build :/.

Last edited by Puddles on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
mungloid

BNet Acct/Realm: mungloid--wscl
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject:  

not gunna lie that thing sounds extremely cool
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject:  

ah u can get as high as lvl 7 charges on a scepter and it will be req lvl 18 nice

without sacrifice synergy, might aura or 65%ed shield.. just mace mastery and str.. might get more dmg using a 60%ed helm instead of +45?
[edit] 80% armor is better idea i agree with fudge

also a pnt to increased stamina?
make it on SP and check the break points.. if u can get 50ias on weapon + gloves. vs adding twitch,

speed matters, u can add some dmg with charms, but not speed.

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject:  

I'd say this could have potential....the major shining point of this build that i see is the defense.

Personally I'd try and find a 3iron skin 3 mastery 3 socket helm, or even a 3iron skin 3 shout helm, as this may be more useful in the long run than the mastery.

Drop that point in leap, it's a waste imo...stick it in shout

You'll definitely want a source of ED in one of your items. I think using an eth glitch 4 socket ancient armor with 4x 20ed/-req jewels would be pretty beneficial. It's got high defense and it has the benefit of having cheap but effective jewels.

I'm not sure what the damage would be like for this build, but i say definitely make it on SP and test it out!

mungloid

BNet Acct/Realm: mungloid--wscl
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject:  

hmmm well what u could try is imbuing a eth ancient armour to go for some high defence and socket it justa thought
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject:  

I have a feeling the damage on this build is not going to be very great, so you'll want as much help in that department as possible.

I think the eth glitch ancient with ed/-req jewels is the best choice......pretty easy to make and pretty cheap.

If you could get a 500+def eth rep 2 socket ancient armor then that would be bomb too.

badguts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
ah u can get as high as lvl 7 charges on a scepter and it will be req lvl 18 nice

without sacrifice synergy, might aura or 65%ed shield.. just mace mastery and str.. might get more dmg using a 60%ed helm instead of +45?

make it on SP and check the break points.. if u can get 50ias on weapon + gloves. vs adding twitch,

You can actually get up to lvl 11 sacrifice charges on scepters under level 9. I myself just shopped a lvl 10 sac charges scepter, lvl 7 require a couple days ago.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject:  

badguts wrote:
Jerkazoid wrote:

You can actually get up to lvl 11 sacrifice charges on scepters under level 9. I myself just shopped a lvl 10 sac charges scepter, lvl 7 require a couple days ago.
That's true, just note that we're talking about zeal charges.
badguts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:
badguts wrote:
Jerkazoid wrote:

That's true, just note that we're talking about zeal charges.

>_> my bad. I was looking at lvl 9 barb sac builds and saw this topic and got a little cross-over confusion.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject:  

I think cross-profession zealots are very interesting, but I'm too poor to make one myself.

A couple things I've considered though...

Wouldn't you get more defense on a pali just with that same 500 def eth/rep armor and defiance, and still have more damage with Sacrifice? Having no need for a barb helm would also give you the possibility of using a 10% deadly strike helm.

Also, a necro seems ideal for this if he pumps bone wall and puts a point in amp dmg, or even Iron Maiden (which brings up a question of my own, is Iron Maiden useful against a necro with bone wall in pvp?). You can still use a deadly strike helm on the necro, since amp will probably cover your lost damage well enough.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Puddles

5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
make it on SP and check the break points
FudGe wrote:
make it on SP and test it out!
I would like to test this character out on Single Player before actually making it, but I have one problem; I don't know how to use Single Player for testing characters Confused. Is it Hero Editor or something, if so can someone direct me to a link to download it (no sites with viruses please)?

FudGe wrote:
Personally I'd try and find a 3iron skin 3 mastery 3 socket helm, or even a 3iron skin 3 shout helm, as this may be more useful in the long run than the mastery.
Yeah, that would be ideal, but it'd take forever to search for one. I might search for a Barb helm with +Iron Skin if +Mace Mastery wont make any difference.

FudGe wrote:
I think the eth glitch ancient with ed/-req jewels is the best choice......pretty easy to make and pretty cheap.
Nah, I don't want to use one because it'd break and I'd have to get a new one.

Hmm, what would the best level be for shopping level 7 Zeal charges War Scepters?

Edited the set-up a bit.
Kronik_LLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject:  

Hero Editor is what I use, my version is sort of out of date but still works fine. You can get full item packages too, to easily get any unique or set item you want to import.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject:  

Puddles wrote:
Jerkazoid wrote:
FudGe wrote:
I would like to test this character out on Single Player before actually making it, but I have one problem; I don't know how to use Single Player for testing characters Confused. Is it Hero Editor or something, if so can someone direct me to a link to download it (no sites with viruses please)?

FudGe wrote:
Yeah, that would be ideal, but it'd take forever to search for one. I might search for a Barb helm with +Iron Skin if +Mace Mastery wont make any difference.

FudGe wrote:

Hmm, what would the best level be for shopping level 7 Zeal charges War Scepters?

Edited the set-up a bit.

Yeah, thanks for totally ignoring me.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Puddles

5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
Puddles wrote:
Jerkazoid wrote:
FudGe wrote:

FudGe wrote:

FudGe wrote:

Edited the set-up a bit.

Yeah, thanks for totally ignoring me.
My bad Torrent Sad, forgive me Razz?

Torrent wrote:
Wouldn't you get more defense on a pali just with that same 500 def eth/rep armor and defiance, and still have more damage with Sacrifice? Having no need for a barb helm would also give you the possibility of using a 10% deadly strike helm.
Too bad 10% DS Helms are level 21+. Paladins would do more damage, but I want try something unusual and still be viable Razz.

Kronik_LLD wrote:
Hero Editor is what I use, my version is sort of out of date but still works fine. You can get full item packages too, to easily get any unique or set item you want to import.
Kay, you think the one in the Sticky would work just as well?
Last edited by Puddles on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Kronik_LLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject:  

Puddles wrote:
Kay, you think the one in the Sticky would work just as well?

I don't see why not.
Page 1 of 3 [33 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: