LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:37 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Making a level 20 pure bowzon
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
kii

BNet Acct/Realm: *kii/escl
0.18 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject:  Making a level 20 pure bowzon
Subject description: help with items/build

I wanted to make a pure bowzon for fun, although I'm not naive enough to believe it will be hugely successful.

Weapon: Rogue's Bow nef'd
armor: ?
helmet: ?
boots: cowkings boots (or maybe sanders???)
glvoes: death's gloves
belt: deaths belt
ammy: angelics / eye of etlich
ring1: angelics / stat mana ring
ring2: stat mana ring

Still not sure whether I'm going to hell-rush this char or not.

Skills: ???
Stats: All dex?
thejudgelld

BNet Acct/Realm: Leonidas13
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject:  

I've recently tried this and found that it wasn't hugely successful. However I didn't mess around with trying to max dex so I dont know if you will have and luck. as far as armor and helm go i'd say maxer'd twitch and a maxer'd mask. that keeps the strength reqs pretty low and you'll meet the 75 ias bp(although i guess twitch isn't require to get the bp). one of the main problems i had was running out of mana. so unless you have some godly mana charms, you will run out as well. As far as your jewelry goes i'd say the eye of etlich and the stat mana rings might be your best bet. possibly a manald heal ring in the other slot to leech a little and rep life, but thats up to you. i would definitly hell rush because you're not going to be killing anyone real fast so dodge and avoid will probably help out.

Here's how my skills went out

3 to GA and prereqs (3 total for prereqs)
12 Critical strike
9 dodge
4 avoid

that brings you to 31 total skill pts which is what you would have after a hell rush.

and as far as stats go I ca't say whether or not it is worth the pts into dex or not. if you go with the dex build then stick with the cow king boots.

if you have some good maxer charms under 20 id use those too.(duh)

it's a tricky build, but i feel it could work. i just didn't have great charms and the patience to see whether a life or dex build worked better.

good luck
kii

0.18 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject:  

Hmm. I figured I would need as much damage as possible, so I didn't want to get a twitch (I already have the 75% bp with bow + deaths). For my helm, I'm considering getting a skill/frw/2os circlet. Additionally, I was thinking of keeping critical strike at a lower level considering that rogue's bow already has 30% ds.

Thanks for your input.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject:  

You could use a 4os jeweled armor instead of twitch, or swap deaths for bloodfists and a fhr/life belt if you want to boost fhr and life.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Kilo

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
You could use a 4os jeweled armor instead of twitch, or swap deaths for bloodfists and a fhr/life belt if you want to boost fhr and life.

4 os would be artisan's i think and it's higher than 20 if i'm not mistaken.
Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject:  

He's talking about a plain white 4 socket armour with the choices of: Gothic Plate, Full Plate Mail and Ancient Armor.

kii

0.18 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject:  

After fully rushing my character and leveling to 20, I've realized that Guided Arrow takes a crapload of mana. Please critique my build~

Weapon: Rogue's Bow nef'd
armor: 3 os light plate socketed +15 maxers
helmet: 3 os crown/max with +15 maxers
boots: cowkings boots
glvoes: death's gloves
belt: deaths belt
ammy: angelics (not sure on jewelry atm, angelic set gives nice bonuses although I don't need AR at all)
ring1: angelics
ring2: stat mana ring
mana/life scs
7% frw/mana gcs

Skills (31 points):
1 magic arrow
1 multiple shot
1 cold arrow
3 guided arrow
7 critical strike (not too much because rogue's bow gives deadly strike)
9 dodge
8 avoid
and one skill point left over (penetrate ??)

stats:
pure dex for damage
The_Worst_Ever

34.19 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject:  

I prefer Sanders. 10 dex might help with your situation =P

Idunno if you'll go for this or not, but I think maybe Bladebuckle for another 10 dex? keep deaths in inv for problematic ppls I suppose =P

What % on dodge and avoid? I'm thinking maybe you went overboard lol A few more in CS wouldn't hurt. Also, I wouldn't say Penetrate seeing as you're GA, not Multi, so AR = poo.

2x manalds may be better than stat/mana, or you can find 2x mana leech, stat/mana. Would have to be a pretty not good rare, but it's doable if I'm not mistaken.

Honestly, I refuse to keep adding points into D/A after they stop getting 2% per lvl. 1 skill for 1%? nty. Even if it's not 50%, don't waste 4 skills from 46 to 50 ffs. It's 4% get over yourself @.@

Slow Missles may have been a neat choice for casters, I'm not gonna say remake, but if you choose to, I would def. reccomend Etlich for ammy and 1 point into Slow Missles (and minimal d/a) 2x manald, Sanders, and lots and lots of luck =P
Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject:  

I'd think cowkings boots would be better like he's using cause the ar from sanders wont be of much use. 20dex> 10dex+5str

volka

BNet Acct/Realm: *volka *Lv-LLD. @ europe ladder /non-ladder
72.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject:  

Visual Tactics wrote:
I'd think cowkings boots would be better like he's using cause the ar from sanders wont be of much use. 20dex> 10dex+5str

Id say sanders cuz imo 15stats + 40 frw >> 20 stats + 30 frw on ama.

Also you should calculate the shoot frames of your ama and might consider using twich + death set all time if thats giving you higher rates.

Another swich armor would be stealth for the extra 25% frw might come usefull in some situations.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject:  

angelics are not a bad choice because you should have some javs and a shield on switch anyway, and youll need the ar for the javs and the life bonus is unbeatable...so penetrate may not be a bad idea either.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
kaniff

BNet Acct/Realm: kaniff/USEast
4.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject:  

what skills/stats should i have for lvl 30 bowzon?

p.s. if u have Rouge's bow msg me [ USEast Ladder ]

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
angelics are not a bad choice because you should have some javs and a shield on switch anyway, and youll need the ar for the javs and the life bonus is unbeatable...so penetrate may not be a bad idea either.

penetrate is a terrible idea! How often will he be locked in an epic duel where he is switching to his javs to throw them? The only javs on switch should be for jabbing/blocking... not for throwing. AR is something he needs nothing of IMO.

You can get more dmg from your charms than from the maxers in your armor... instead you could put skulls in your armor and get some MASSIVE mana regen! Then stock up on 7frw/6max gcs with 15life/7mana scs under them. (or is it 8 mana... I forget).

Angelics is pretty much the only choice. Don't put too many points in your dodging skills. 1 point each is enough. Zons suck for dmg and life so keep that in mind when assigning skills.

As long as you are dueling lvl 20's and lower you will be very hard to beat with lots of frw. Don't expect to be anything but annoying to anything higher lvl than you tho... Rolling Eyes

GL.

Just so you know... bowzons are probably the hardest lld to build under lvl 30 so you have definately taken on a difficult build. Unless you take the time to perfect her with 20maxers (if u use jewels) and godly rares and all that jazz she will prolly end up like mine and be a rarely used dueler.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: