LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:23 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Double Throw Baba
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Events

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject:  Double Throw Baba  

I played lld/mld religiously like maybe a year ago. I had an mld 37 Throw baba named qXi. I'm thinking of coming back to lld and i was wondering if any1 had any tips on an lld Throw barb and the items it may require to build a decent one.

All help appreciated.

Thankyou

Last edited by Events on Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
eAr_gOd

BNet Acct/Realm: E/SCL: eAr_god, eAr_DeViL, ear_ections (shared)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject:  

I think throw barbs shine the most at lvl 14-18, I guess lvl 12 works too though its an odd level. I'm no expert on them but I do know a thing or two.
Most builds ive seen max throw mastery and double swing (synergy to double throw). Throw mastery is most important due to critical strike and thae fact it applies to a single regular throw, and double swing is 2nd most important since it adds double throw damage.
Attack rating is not as important as damage since 90% of the time ull hit people on the run (if they dont run they wont catch u), where they have no defense (not to mention lvl 18s dont have defense anyway and if they are a defensive build they have no chance vs a ranged char for the most part).
make sure u use throwing spears or war javelins cuz they are the fastest and highest damage.
Weapon switch 1 should have shield and 1x nice throwing weapons(damage, ias, knockback, etc)
weapon switch 2 should have 2x nice throwing weapons. I believe IAS stacks, so if you have 10 on each weapon its the same as 20 on one weapon.
Ask a throwbarb expert about IAS breakpoints, im not sure, but regardless more IAS will let u use bloodfist instead of deaths.
Aim for a 3 throw mastery helm, some 7 run/walk charms pref with max damage, twitch, CK boots, and angelics, and of course maxer jewels. Damage is and run speed is a little more important than life- if u are good u won't get hit much anyway.
A fun variant is maxing leap (and using gorefeet optionally) for knockback, and getting a 3 leap helm, for the fun leap knockback effect. Leap is also a good PK skill. I wouldn't recommend this variant for tournaments and stuff though. But in general throwbarbs are one of the most powerful 14-18 ranged classes.

Necropantser: Lvl 9 Summoner/Sacrifice hybrid necro
ObiWanShinobi: Lvl 9 TS assassin

Always looking for gear upgrades, particularly 15life Scs with lightning damage or mana, and defiance/zeal war sceptors.
Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject:  

everything Ear stated is pretty much on-the-money. The only additional option I would provide, would be to consider throwspears if you want to go for the throw-glitch (blinky blinkly blinky Wink )
.I.O.W.A.

BNet Acct/Realm: I'm Back.
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:  

the blink str glitch is critical, even though you willbe acused of hacking 5-6 times a duel game, its worth it.

eAr_gOd

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:  

the blink isn't "critical" unless you consider it a fair dueling tactic. If ure just using this to pK, BM, and pub slay, then by all means go ahead and glitch. Otherwise, try it for yourself and form your own opinion on whether or not it is a fair dueling tactic, rather than take krazy's word. I would recommend fighting against a glitched throw barb with a different character so you can experience firsthand if you think it makes dueling fun or not. I don't want to spur up a debate here as this topic is already in the PvP rules discussion.

Always looking for gear upgrades, particularly 15life Scs with lightning damage or mana, and defiance/zeal war sceptors.
.I.O.W.A.

0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
the blink isn't "critical" unless you consider it a fair dueling tactic. If ure just using this to pK, BM, and pub slay, then by all means go ahead and glitch. Otherwise, try it for yourself and form your own opinion on whether or not it is a fair dueling tactic, rather than take krazy's word. I would recommend fighting against a glitched throw barb with a different character so you can experience firsthand if you think it makes dueling fun or not. I don't want to spur up a debate here as this topic is already in the PvP rules discussion.

blink is critical you cant dodge what you cant see.
and for a throw barb you need the help you can get. blink is a must have i say

BloodRose

BNet Acct/Realm: *Ghettoboyjmb
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:  

your mistaken
str glitch:invisible gear(only too othe people)
dexterity glitch:blink on striking

unless its been changed thats how it is
but throwing spears req pretty much dex only so the dex glitch will be easy

eAr_gOd

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:  

the krazy one wrote:
Quote:

did u bother to read my post? Technically I can recast bone armor over and over again on my necro and never die, but does that make it "critical"? I was speaking about having him form his own opinion on fair/legit duels here, not about doing whatever it takes to win. Whether or not you agree its fair should go in a the PvP discussion, but please if you reply to my post atleast take the time to read it. But of course coming from someone known for using generals flail and slow on other LLDs I doubt you know the meaning of BM and unfair.

Irferno

BNet Acct/Realm: irferno + irferno1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:  

recast bm?
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:  

Quite.
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:  

always has been and from the look of things always will be Wink
Napalm loves the little children of the world.
.I.O.W.A.

0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
the krazy one wrote:
Quote:

did u bother to read my post? Technically I can recast bone armor over and over again on my necro and never die, but does that make it "critical"? I was speaking about having him form his own opinion on fair/legit duels here, not about doing whatever it takes to win. Whether or not you agree its fair should go in a the PvP discussion, but please if you reply to my post atleast take the time to read it. But of course coming from someone known for using generals flail and slow on other LLDs I doubt you know the meaning of BM and unfair.

what the hell are you talking about?

bone armour is a critical factor without the bm?

you are way off bud.

eAr_gOd

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject:  

I guess you didin't understand my point the first TWO times so I'll try explaining it clearly one last time. Or maybe u dont know that BM stands for bad mannered (something you should know all about), IE slow, jumping, and ARGUABLY (notice how I don't say definately) blinking / invisible throw barbs. Point is its not "critical" to anyone unless they consider it a fair dueling tactic. SHEESH i think I just said that 3 times, who knows maybe ull miss this point again.

P.S. look at current lvl 18 arena rules where infinite bone armor recasting is allowed and lld101 approved before you criticise. By your standards, max bone armor should be "critical" right? Just like how generals flail is critical on your lvl 30s?

Events

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:  

wow thanks to everyone for that.. bin alot of help. i should pretty much start buying gear too.. i think ima stick with ears suggestion and make a lvl 18 thrower.
I'm thinking of experimenting that the "blink" tactic too, as my old thrower was a blinker. Its quite fun to be called a hacker in pub games. Sometimes its even funner to claim your ARE a hacker. This barb is definately just a pubby and so i might have a bit of fun with him and make him bm. In my opinion, the blink glitch is about as BM as recasting bone armor, but the hell with it, ima do it anyways.

thanks again
ulez

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:  

i rly didnt read anything past the whole "glitchin invis javs" but on that topic my lld barb (a_moron) has a dex glitch switch of javs that r invis but u can see the barb move wen he duble throws... buuuuuuuutttt if u remeber a barb by the name of sumthin like Kairen (iunno) he was all glitched with a jav/shield and used normal throw... and he doesnt move. so u get hit by a naked barb just standing there looking at u hehe
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: