LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:37 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
Dao Jones Tourney of US East Ladder Signups!
Page 1 of 3 [38 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject:  Dao Jones Tourney of US East Ladder Signups!  

Yep, that's right. Somebody on US East liked Dao's idea for a tournament so much, he ripped him straight off on US East Ladder!

The rules I took from Dao's West tournament with a few small changes since they seemed pretty close to what I had in mind, though I'm open to suggestions. Here's a quick rundown on the tournament:

1. All classes may go to level 30.
2. Duels will be best 3 out of 5
3. Characters may not pass normal difficulty
4. All skills are allowed except Holy Freeze, Bone Prison, Decrepify, and Slow Missiles.
5. No magic, set, rare, crafted, or unique items may be used. This means that you may not use rings or amulets! Normal, superior, ethereal, and lower quality (if you really want to) items are allowed.
6. Charms are also banned from the tournament, as they are either magical or unique. In order to insure fairness and intergrity, all duelers are required to keep 5 polearms in their inventory at all times, and to present them in the trade screen before dueling.
7. No runes may be used in any items, but gems may be used.
8. No mercenaries may be used at any time.
9. No healing, mana, antidote, or thawing potions may be used during or before the duels. Shrines and wells may not be activated during the duels.
10. Duels will be best 3 out of 5
11. All duelers will meet in a private channel of their choice prior to a duel. We will try the honor system (take screenshots) of adjudicating duels, and duelists will have a certain timeframe (4 days) to compete against their opponent. Duels will not necessarily have third-party moderators. If both duelists cannot agree who won, we will have to add moderators to the duels, which will dramatically slow down the speed of this event. (I'm not always on, and even the LLD101 mods need days off, assuming they even agree to help at all...)

Failure to abide by these rules will result in: an automatic 1-duel loss (first offense), and disqualification from the tournament (second offense), not to mention the burning humiliation of knowing you weren't good enough to compete with real duelers.

I haven't decided what the prize should be yet, but CK boots seems to be the best idea thus far.

Duelers in the Tournament (LLD101 account in parenthesis)
1. kom-tamako2.0 (SoaringSquirrel)
2. fib_fuf_jim (Jim)
3. nx-syntax (Nitryx77)
4. tru-accttt (TRU-LLD)
5. ihate_snow-bal2 (Light_Hamster)
6. Undead_Fun (Undead_Fun)
7. teve (zolas)
8. Twisted_Church (Twisted_Church1)
9. RiseOfBushido (BBoyVega)

Post your LLD101 account and your b.net account if you'd like to sign up, and any suggestions of course! If this works out well I'm considering trying out a DJ Team Tourney to see how that goes. Smile

Finally, major props to Dao Jones for the original concept. Way to innovate the LLD tournaments, man. Smile

The first matchups will be assigned on Friday, June 17th! Make sure to have your characters ready by then, and have both contestants PM me the results of the duels by the end of the four day deadline.

Last edited by SoaringSquirrel on Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:13 pm; edited 9 times in total
T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject:  

Put me on the waiting list ill confirm if i can make it or not the day before the tournament.

Acct is: T_Maldo
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Dao Jones Tourney of US East Ladder Signups!  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:

Finally, major props to Dao Jones for the original concept. Way to innovate the LLD tournaments, man. Smile

Thanks! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and outright plagiarism doubly so. Wink Is someone going to create a named prize on East? I'll gladly log an East account [edit: done. *Dao_Jones, Dao_Jones], if someone will rush him to the personalize quest (assuming someone on East actually wants my name on their prize). Heck, if someone can help me with a few items, maybe I'll even enter this one, since I'm not hosting it...

I hope your tourney has better luck with entrants than mine did (I'll bet it does, as there seem to be more East duelers than West). I think it would be great if this style of dueling took off, since it's very challenging and different. Good luck! Very Happy

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject:  

That would be wonderful! I can rush you no problem, and thanks a bunch for going through all that trouble. I was thinking I should stick in something else on top of that, however, to give people more of a reason to stay around. Ideally, I'd hope that people would play in the tournament to have a good time, as you can see from your original version on west, without a tasty incentive even on top of those sexy boots, people may still not have the sense of obligation to stick around and see things through. Several people have already told me that they may not be able to participate for sure, so I was trying to think of a treat that's both cheap but still good enough that makes people want to follow through with the entire tournament. Maybe a few 15 lifers off of my blizzard sorceress, or even something better, like a 22 maxer level 27 or 3/1x/15? These are quite expensive, but I really can't think of much else I can offer that people would want anymore, so any input on this from the community would be great.
T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject:  

What you could do, is make this a series of tourneys. Like say... Take a few sets, stick them on one of your lvl 30 normrushed guys. This way, its like 10 tournaments leading up to fighting you, and they can challenge you at any time after the 10 tournaments. and if they beat you (You will have a few advantages of course) they win something big, like a 14 maxer lvl 9 and an eth/epair rare blade talon or something that people might really desire. This is how it would go.

Person A
Person B
Person C
Person D
Person E
Person F
All sign up, (read from bottom up)

Person A wins the tournament, and therefore would take the prize.
(cow kings boots)

A

A D

E loses both rounds.

A D E All face each other

A B C D E F

Now, this tournament is single elimination. Also, you are going to personalize ten items that make up 3 sets (Such as cow kings, Angelics, and Deaths, They must be something people can use, While you equip a sigon set with full angelics, and duke it out with the winner of them. Items may be traded with other people's items, and If no one can beat you, make more tournies for more set items. (Note: cow kings must be one of the sets, and you must make it all full sets.) (if i havent alreadt said thayt.)

This is how i'd like the tournament to go.
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
Ideally, I'd hope that people would play in the tournament to have a good time, as you can see from your original version on west, without a tasty incentive even on top of those sexy boots, people may still not have the sense of obligation to stick around and see things through. Several people have already told me that they may not be able to participate for sure, so I was trying to think of a treat that's both cheap but still good enough that makes people want to follow through with the entire tournament. Maybe a few 15 lifers off of my blizzard sorceress, or even something better, like a 22 maxer level 27 or 3/1x/15? These are quite expensive, but I really can't think of much else I can offer that people would want anymore, so any input on this from the community would be great.

This is sad, but probably true. I don't have jack on East, but if anyone is looking for West runes for East gear, I'd toss an Ist or so into the pot to help you buy something. As you mentioned, the original plan of my tourney wasn't to win some awesome item, but rather to try yourself at what might be the most challenging kind of dueling possible. However, people may be more mercenary than I'd like, and maybe a fatter pot might entice more to join. So if a West Ist can help at all, consider it donated.

(Duelers in my tourney - you still only get the boots; but you also get to be the very first DJ dueler to claim the top prize. Maybe subsequent tourneys can have different prizes.)

-bryan-

BNet Acct/Realm: *NEOPETIUS
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject:  

me enter please Smile

i'll be using either my level 18 bowzon on account zhong-guo

[edit] nevermind, my zealer needs some strength charms to keep his weapon on so i guess it's gonna be my bowzon

Genesis - NEOPIA (8:17) | neojutsu - level 14 bowman scania
Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dao Jones Tourney of US East Ladder Signups!  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
11. All duelers will meet in the Clan-Honor channel prior to a duel.
2. fib_fuf_jim (not registered)
4. mkob2 (not registered)
7. Ouric2 (not registered ??)

u cant get into the clan-honor channel unless your registered on the bot, and to be registered on the bot, u have to be a member.

You're a stupid thread.

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject:  

T-Maldo, I like the idea of how the tournament is set up, except I'm unsure of that last bit where you have to do the entire set items to use for the tournament. Correct me if I misunderstood you, but I really don't want to complicate this tournament with magical items beyond the DJ CK boots yet, because one of the best aspects of this idea is the absence of magical items, therefore testing every dueler's capability to build the optimal character on an even playing field in which most items are fairly easily acquired. If this tournament works out well though, I will continue to host them over time and be happy to try out your idea.

Dao, that's a generous offer, since I'm aware that Ists are worth more on West than East, but I don't think it would make too much of a difference as far as this tournament's contestants, since the majority are primarily or exclusively East duelers. What I'll probably end up doing is slapping together a budget prize like 2 15 life sc's for first place and 1 15 lifer for second place, and if there's enough success and interest, I'll up the prize to a Hoto, Enigma, or Grief for the next tournament (I don't really have any in-between valued items, heh).

-bryan-, did you read the rules of your tournament? The level cap is 30, so you'd be at a big disadvantage if you remained level 18, and if these are the two LLDers of yours I've met, then they do not meet the norm rush, charm, and item requirements listed in the first post. I'll reserve a spot for you in case you still want to enter with characters that go by the rules

You bring up a good point, Forsaken! I'll either have to ask them to join LLD101 now, which some of them are adamant against for some reason I don't know, or I'll just move the channel to op kom-tamako2.0, which is more likely. Thanks for bringing that to light. Smile
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:

Dao, that's a generous offer, since I'm aware that Ists are worth more on West than East, but I don't think it would make too much of a difference as far as this tournament's contestants, since the majority are primarily or exclusively East duelers.

What I meant was, if there are any East players (not necessarily in this tournament, just East in general) that are willing to trade East gear for a West rune (perhaps someone on East looking to get a start on West) then I could offer an Ist for a reasonable item offer; said item offer would become part of the winners' pot for your tourney. The trick is to find someone on East that has an interest in getting ahold of a West rune...

I'll post in the general trade section of USEast, and see if anyone bites.

Zolas

BNet Acct/Realm: WoW Perenold
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject:  

good thx for makin this tourny for me, im in baby
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject:  

Awesome, zolas, what's your acct you will be using?

And to everyone: the tourney will probably start on the 17th, so make sure everyone who wants to sign up has you character finished and contacted me about signing you up by then.
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject:  

im in...dunno which acc ill be using yt...which ever 1 has room

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject:  

Account GODZ_llds.
So in for this one.
the_diggler

BNet Acct/Realm: *pp_12
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject:  

Count me in