LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:38 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
best imbue lvl for eth armor
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
slk4life

4.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject:  best imbue lvl for eth armor
Subject description: ???????

need some help topic
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject:  

ehm.... WHAT LVL ARE WE TALKING BOUT? :| 9lvl armors? 15lvl armos? 18lvl armos? 29lvl armos? -_-

Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject:  

Here's my guide with btalons as the example. You should be able to figure it out for what you need.

Visual Tactics wrote:
When u imbue the ilvl is set to Clvl +4, and the minimum character lvl to imbue is 8. (so minumum is ilvl12 of course)

By using the calc choose these settings:

choose an item: "Blade Talons"
choose cube recipe: "NONE (monster drop rare)"
input ilvl: "99"
clvl: "1"
then hit "show possible affixs"

This displays a lot of mods possible with their stats

Notice the little table at that top that tells u the alvl=output ilvl

*Generally the requirement of the affix is 75% it Affix lvl (most affixs not all)*

Looking at the affix calc list you find the Prefix "Silver (61-80 To Attack Rating)" for example which is lvl of 12 as shown.

You want the blade talons to be lvl 9 requirement.
So this means the max alvl is 12.
alvl * .75 = 12 *.75 = lvl 9 requirement.
All mods alvl 12 and lower are avaliable at lvl 9. So, you can get the "Silver" Prefix mod (lvl 12) at lvl 9.

So now you go back to the affix calc and lower the input ilvl so that the highest level prefix or suffix is 12. You should come upon the ilvl of 22.

Looking back at the first sentence of this post "when u imbue the ilvl is set to Clvl +4"
With a ilvl of 22, this means you want level 18 char to imbue.

slk4life

4.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: well
Subject description: hmm

i got two eth ancient armors right now and not sure what lvl i want either 18 or 9 doesnt matter 18 prolly would be better
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject:  

i've been on the verge of trying to figure this out for a little while now, but i hadnt gotten around to messing around with it as of yet. since this came up i took a shot at it and i'd like to know if i have some things right.

i'm wanting to imbue eth ancient armors for use at lvl 18 so i'm going to use a character lvl of 48. is this correct?

alvl *.75 =18 rlvl
alvl = 24

with your math above, visual, i got the max alvl of 24 so i then messed around with input ilvls untill i hit an alvl of 25 then took it down by one which was input ilvl of 44. that +4 is 48 clvl for the imbue.

input ilvl of 44 = alvl <=24

i think if i cut this down a tad i can cut down on the unnecessary affixes i might get and thereby increase my chances of the ones i want.
i only really want as high ed% as possible for the level and repair. 2sockets would be nice too so i'll add that in too.

the affixes that i want are:
glorious = 41-50%ed alvl 19 group 101

either of the repair ones
fast repair = repair alvl 20 group 37
self repair = repair alvl 3 group 37
(only difference between the two is the speed so the lower the better)

mechanist's = 1-2 sockets alvl 10 group 122

so if i only want those 3 things the highest alvl is 19. since there's one repair at alvl 3 i'll ignore the one at 20 for now, though would being able to have both increase the chances of one of them showing up? i see some other cool affixes that would be nice "of the tiger" 21-30life alvl 20 group 26 and "of stability" 24fhr alvl 18 group 18. between alvl 21-24 there are a couple less than usefull ones but it looks like there's only one really helpful one that being "of might" 3-5 str alvl 21 group 31 and two that i would really rather not have the chance of getting "of protection" and "of warding" which while helpfull arent helpfull enough to warrent them pushing out the affixes that i really want.

so with all that in mind i am going to ask 1) am i correct in all of my musings and 2) is the 21-30 life worth letting the alvl 20's in? i dont see "of might" being more usefull than the affixes i want so i'm going to cut back enough to avoid it.

if i'm going to imbue for alvl 20 then i'd use a clvl... hmm after messing around with lowering the input ilvl all the way down to 1 i wound up still getting the alvl 20 affixes, what am i doing wrong? can i truely imbue the godliest ancient at lvl 8? the common use of the affix calc eludes my alcohol injected mind i'm rereading the "help understanding the affix calc" threads in the sticky right now and would appreciate any extra help.

st-hearts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
with your math above, visual, i got the max alvl of 24 so i then messed around with input ilvls untill i hit an alvl of 25 then took it down by one which was input ilvl of 44. that +4 is 48 clvl for the imbue.

input ilvl of 44 = "alvl" <="24"

If you want an input ilvl of 44, you'd want a clvl of 40. In addition to that, unless if I'm wrong, you should just imbue at clvl 8 because you'll still get the Glorious mod you want. I'll go through the calculations, but this isn't what you'll really want to do in the end. Try plugging in an ilvl of 1 into the calculator (with formula set to Monster Drop rare item).

This is the relevant part of the code you'll want. I'll try to break it down as simply as I can:

qlvl = "40"
ilvl = (clvl + 4) = (8 + 4) = "12"
qlvl > ilvl, so NEW ilvl = "40"

ilvl < (99 - qlvl * .5)
40 < (99 - 40 * .5)
40 < 79

So alvl = ilvl - qlvl * .5 = 40 - (40 * .5) = 40 - 20 = 20. Now let's try it out with a clvl of 44.

NEW ilvl = clvl + 4 = 48 and the alvl generated through the formula would be 28

However, now it's time for the rub. The "Blessed" prefix and the "of the Mammoth" suffix are both lvlreq = 18. So you'll want an imbuing character to have a clvl greater than 40. Messing around with the calculator, you'll see that ilvl 45 is the first level that generates the "Blessed" prefix, so...

In conclusion, imbue with a level 41 character.

Aside: I hate posting this sort of stuff, since the post always breaks and fails to display everything.
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject:  

thank you for your reply and thanks doubly for
st-hearts wrote:
I'll try to break it down as simply as I can:

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: