LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:22 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
outlawz exists no more?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 3 [34 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject:  

(76 Legit, it was East/West I believe.. unless you're talking about another one)

P.S. Rage, when outlawz was created, EVERY page was copied, I can't view there either because they banned me before I even posted.

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject:  

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
Well I guess if Knarl wanted he could ban people he thinks shoulden't be here even without them doing wrong things on the site. (won't go into here just speculating)

I could but I don't, because that would be unfair to do so without proof that they are a threat to this site. Mere speculation is not a grounds for banning.

And what was originally plagarized? Gee...

-The LLD101 rules
-Several guides, both general and character-specific, both from 101 and sol's site
-Forum layout, forum design, forum categories
-My avatar and title (The guy with the hammer and the ban bludgeon...back when my title said "Keeper of the Ban Bludgeon". I forget what his were called exactly but anyone who saw the two knows his was a direct ripoff)

I forget other stuff. It's been so long. But I commend outlawz for eventually giving credit where credit is due and making their site more original.

B@ttle_R@ge

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject:  

You mean that every forum who has a News forum and categorized parts for trades ripped it off from 101? Sounded pretty dumb didn't it? Also we had Nl separated from ladder trades then you guys changed it to what it looks like now.

I'm sure that if I find some forum based clan sites they will have very similar layout to the one of 101 and then I could say you guys copied them without giving credit right?

We don't have the llding rules written any where on the site at all. So about the rules being copied was a plain lie.

Also the guy with the hammer is a commun moderator picture that you get in clan or op channels and doesn't belong to you as far as I'm concerned....

We had some problems with 101 back when the site only started up. I'm sure the concerned people know what it was. That's why he was taking precautions to not allow it to happen again.

Spazz I clearly remember seeing you post for a while then you stopped coming on and you never were banned. So don't tell lies to people. Only 4 people were banned: B[x], Voices, the guy who made shit the first time but I forgot his name and someone who came championing for 101 and started flaming people and arguing.

Also how can you make a mere forum more original than the original itself? Right we had it grey and light teal just like you Knarl right?
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:  

I am unsure whether someone spoonfed you your fabricated information, or if it was just the product of your twisted mind, but you obviously know diddly-squat about anything you are talking about in regards to what really happened when outlawz first came into existance. You have successfully proved that your ignorance exceeds your knowledge by what you have posted thus far, and that anything else you have to add to this discussion will be fruitless and contrived. For this reason, this thread will be locked.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
You mean that every forum who has a News forum and categorized parts for trades ripped it off from 101? Sounded pretty dumb didn't it? Also we had Nl separated from ladder trades then you guys changed it to what it looks like now.

Actually, what I was referring to when I said that outlawz copied our forum layout and design, and the forum categories, is that when it was first started, outlawz' main forum page consisted of the EXACT forum titles (News and Events, New User Q&A, LLD Discussion, D2 Discussion, Strategies, and so on...) and in the EXACT order as LLD101. There was nothing original, everything was copied and pasted directly from LLD101).

Any forum can have a news forum, but when it is called News and Events and is followed by everything else LLD101 has to offer, then that, my friend, is called plagarism.

And we separated L from NL to decrease forum traffic as a necessity as opposed to an imitation. Believe it or not, LLD101 does not revolve around outlawz, and we do make independant decisions on our own. I wish the same could be said in the inverse.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
I'm sure that if I find some forum based clan sites they will have very similar layout to the one of 101 and then I could say you guys copied them without giving credit right?

Similar forum layout = fine. Exact same forum layout as described above = Not fine.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
We don't have the llding rules written any where on the site at all. So about the rules being copied was a plain lie.

Not anymore you don't. Once again, your ignorance on the subject matter vitiates your argument. And your rude accusation only furthers its demise.

In the early days of outlawz' existance, not only was the entire LLD101 ruleset CTRL + C'd , but any sort of acknowledgement or credit for it failed to given as well. And considering I adapted the rules myself for v1.10 and v1.11 from the original v1.09 rules, I resent the fact that my hard work was stolen and used without my consent.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
Also the guy with the hammer is a commun moderator picture that you get in clan or op channels and doesn't belong to you as far as I'm concerned....

Ah yes, the guy with the hammer. Let us compare the two, shall we?

My avatar then, which still stands as my current avatar, was positioned below my title, which I myself had originally made up on my own. It said, "Keeper of the Ban Bludgeon". Now, observe what Eric, the admin of outlawz, chose to make for his avatar and signature:

Signature:

"Ban Bludgeoned"? Big buff guy with a large bludgeoning object? I'm sorry, but that is a direct ripoff of my original idea, no questions asked.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
We had some problems with 101 back when the site only started up. I'm sure the concerned people know what it was. That's why he was taking precautions to not allow it to happen again.

Do these precautions involve publically posting Voices' IP address and other personal information on the outlawz site? Because that sure as hell happened. Do you remember that? You think that was a fair thing to do?

Do these precautions also involve banning Voices and B[x] from the site, when they were simply trying to keep outlawz from getting away with plagarizing LLD101 material?

The delicious irony is that outlawz is made up mainly of ex-LLD101 members who chose to not follow the rules, and who acted up, and got banned because of it. They then complain that LLD101 is tyrannical, and proceed to go to outlawz, which claims to be fair and just. Yet, they have banned people who have done nothing wrong, simply for precautionary measures, in order for the outlawz' members to not be influenced by the truth they bring, because they don't want their members to be shown the error of their ways.

At least people who get banned from LLD101 deserve it, and there is no surprise about it. They know what they've done, and they know what's coming. In fact, the outlaw aspect of outlawz is very correct, in that its population greatly consists of people who disregard LLD101 forum rules and therefore choose to be shunned from its community.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
Spazz I clearly remember seeing you post for a while then you stopped coming on and you never were banned. So don't tell lies to people. Only 4 people were banned: B[x], Voices, the guy who made poop the first time but I forgot his name and someone who came championing for 101 and started flaming people and arguing.

I don't know who was banned from outlawz, but seeing how your truth-telling track record isn't exactly spotless, I am inclined to believe Spazz over you, as I have a good feeling that the majority of your knowledge of administrative issues was received second-hand, and is greatly skewed in favor of outlawz.

B@ttle_R@ge wrote:
Also how can you make a mere forum more original than the original itself? Right we had it grey and light teal just like you Knarl right?

Please proofread next time and make your statements more clear. Who cares what color the forum is? What matters is what is contained within.

Page 3 of 3 [34 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: