LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:17 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Tell me if this is a good build
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
Tydus
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject:  Tell me if this is a good build  

My necs sheild has +3 psn nova and +1 decrep, thus a lvl 11nova and 9 decrep. I want for my nec to tank, so, i want to put 20 points in bone armor. As you know, psn nova cannot kill so, i want 10 points in skeliton mages and all the rest in skeliton mastery. Is that a good build?
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject:  

To be honest it sounds like youve put about the amount of time into this build as you did typing it up [probly at the same time]

Well, a few quick tips.

Use lower resist over decrep ALWAYS if youre going to be using nova all the time.

Also why would you put points into bone armor as bone wall/prison gives 15 life each whereas armor only gives 10.

Also i THINK that psn nova CAN kill if you get hit again with it when youre on 1 hp. But if im mistaken then i think a 1 point fire golem [try and get it from a wand/head] will do better at finishing them off with its holy fire aura.

Spend any spare points on poison synergies.
Arcane Killer

BNet Acct/Realm: East HCL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Also i THINK that psn nova CAN kill if you get hit again with it when youre on 1 hp. But if im mistaken then i think a 1 point fire golem [try and get it from a wand/head] will do better at finishing them off with its holy fire aura.

I think you're mistaken. It's still poison dmg. If a nec keeps bone armor on at all times Andariel can't kill him because she can only do psn and physical dmg attacks. Also, you forgot to mention an added benefit of fire golem - you can cast it on top of the person for 100 fire/100 physical dmg on contact, enough to kill a person with only 1 hp.

I do however agree with you about the time spent typing/thinking up the build. Wink

food-ranger

BNet Acct/Realm: The.Dragon@useast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject:  

i agree with ubermoose, you didnt consider this build very well.
psn nova isnt that great of skill for lld becuase so many lld's use deaths which totaly almost cancel psn dmg.

if you where to build this char
you would need 2 pnb circlet, +2 pnb amulet, +3 nova, + lower resit sheild "Rhyme", +psn nova + lower resit wand, vmagi, 2sojs, probly nightsmoke, cowkings, magefist

rhyme sheild would be better then your sheild just for the godly mods. plus it has cnbf so you dont need to use deaths belt.

also why would u tech golem? if im not mistaken a telekensis charge ring is lvl 16?
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject:  

Psn nova kills if the person has 1 life. Therefore, with a bit of life rep, nova is basically cant kill so long as you have 2 life or more, which isnt a problem considering most llds have life rep, and like stated before, death set basically neutrlizes it, not to mention anyone can use a antidote pot...

skulmaster

BNet Acct/Realm: Skulmaster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject:  

Poison nova can be spammed though. So poison lenght duration items might not be that effective.
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject:  

I think that the build can work, not so much as a tank than a full on psn nec tho [you REALLY need all the synergies you can get] and making use lower res will at least partially negate deaths. And skulmaster's right, psn length reduction wont be too much help vs a nova nec i think.

I think the key to this build is the shield. You should desperatly strive to get a +lower resist and + fire golem on the same 1. Clean with 2 sockets if you can. As this would save you ELEVEN skill points!

[ps. the telekinesis charges/lvl1 teeth/fire golem aura probly wont work vs spirit users because of the magic absorb, also viper and strings mdr too] [having said that if you cast, then recast fire golem the first explodes doing quite a bit of dmg]
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: