LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:18 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
regen charger (critique)
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject:  regen charger (critique)  

Outline:
---------
My goal is to 1) build a level 27-30 charger that can take care of most of the pesky high level casters that come into LLD games and 2) keep it cool, non-cookie cutter, and fun.

The non-cookie cutter fun part is easy: 20 points in prayer, 1 point in cleansing. Using cleansing as the main aura (and assuming no +skills) it will regen 25 life per second (not counting any +regen from items), which should be pretty fun to see.

Surviving:
------------
To kill casters, I'd have to survive first. This means resists. The weapon, shield, and jewellery slots are allready taken. Hotspurs are the only choice of boots (imo) and death belt is a given. Death gloves combined with belt give an extra 15% res all, so I guess I won't be using cleglaws. This leaves the armour and the helm.

Now this might be silly, but a 20-prayer charger allready is, so... How about using ral thul and ort runes to fill the missing resists? With 4 socket ancient armour and a 3 socket helm, I could get a total of 210 res to the elements of my choice!

Goal resistance - components - final resistance.
90 fire - 30 quest/15 death set/45 hotspurs - 90 fire.
75 lightning - 30 quest/15 death set/30 ort - 75 lightning.
75+ cold - 30 quest/15 death set/6*30 thul - 75+150 cold. <- level 27 cold mastery is -150 res
75 poison - 30 quest/15 death set/50 death gloves - 75+20 poison.

Add in a few resists charms as well (this Anya bug thing could really screw me over) and I should be pretty set.

I probably won't need the 4xThul armour all the time, so I'll keep a 4xRuby one around.

Killing:
--------
Here I may run into a problem. With a hellrush, at level 27 I should get 16 points in charge. Judging by my hammerdin, that should give me around 1-2K damage; if I remember my old charger right, I should also have around 8K AR. 300-ish PvP damage max seems kinda sucky. I could shift points from charge to might, gaining 5% damage and losing +15%AR with each point moved but I doubt that'd be worth it.

Summary:
------------
Equipment:

Insight partizan.
Angelic jewellery.
Death belt+gloves.
Hot spur boots.
Ort 2xThul crown/mask/whatever.
4xThul ancient armour 4xRuby armour on switch.

Stats:

Somewhere around 113 str, 47 dex... Meaning I'll have like 150 life without items/charms. Since my charms are going to be crappy I can except like 400 life... Wow. Maybe I need an insight with lower requirements?
54-ish mana may also pose a problem.

On the upside, though, I'll have very nice resists and heal fully in under 20 seconds. If I get a long name, I can just hear the screams of "omg potting nub". Laughing

Will this work? Are there any +max res items I forgot? And, most importantly, what should my name be? Currently I'm thinking something along the lines of HarryNOTaPotter or PottingHax or PotAddict...

Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject:  

meitou has one of these, ask him about it

Zeiris-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject:  

Tested the build a bit in singleplayer... Ooh boy.

I have 430 life with the ruby armour, 280 without. (No charms.) This means I can take at least 25K fire, 10K lightning, and 6.5K cold damage (PvM) all at once without dying... I won't get one hit killed, that's good.

Thinking about it another way, 25 life regen/second negates 1500 PvM fire damage/s, 600 PvM lightning damage/s. and 600 PvM cold damage/s. This is gonna be evil vs LLD sorcs, but tricky against high levels :-\

The damage is horrible - .7-1.6K. I guess I either need a better weapon, or to replace all those rubies with +damage jewels and rely on my cruddy life charms.

Enough planning, I guess. Time to make it on closed and see how it works out.

Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject:  

Don't forget that insight=infinite mana, and charge is hard to break out of. Charges only downfall is mana cost, fixed my your insight. When you start chargin only problem u will have is if you get em against the wall. But you could charge away and start up again and again. The little dmg you will take will be regenerated. So not good potter.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
DiPLOMAT

12.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject:  

I pk'd your charge with my wind druid (eLeet-ChRisT) as far as that its a really good gameplan, but u dont deal out the amount of damage aLLD charger shouls it took like 15-25 attempts to get me to a kill shot, if u produced massive damage that could be a very dangerous LLD, and something to look out for. pm me if your interested in seeing that +2 def aura circ
btw good duels, i wanna pk your hammerdin again
Zeiris-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject:  

Hey, I killed you too :p

Currrent stats:
540 life, 63 mana. (No charms.)
.9 to 1.7K damage (75 of it poison :-\) and 6.5K AR.

My internet will be screwy for a while, so I'm not at my optimal performance... But it seems like a build with potential so far. I've got crappy damage so no one hit kills, but uber regen so getting hit by a stray fireball isn't a problem. Melee and zons eat me - gonna get some kind of shield switch.

Not too sure what I can do about the damage. I could shift 15 points of charge to might, gaining +85 more ED but losing +210% AR. I could replace my +life armour with +damage armour... I could get a better insight. How much do insight partizans go for, anyways? And what def do sorcs have?

Maybe I should've just gone pure charge and potted like mad Wink

Observer

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject:  

Sorc's usually have 600 to 1k+ Wink

nothing more than 1.5k (from experience)
usually with max block.

Lvl 30 FireBall Sorc (DECEASED)
Lvl 37 Bow Zon (DECEASED)
In Progress:
Lvl 30 Pnova Nec (DECEASED)
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: