LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:36 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Do you ever lose sleep at night...
Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
skygoneblue

BNet Acct/Realm: I hate pwned.nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject:  Do you ever lose sleep at night...  

...when you totally rip someone off without them realizing it?

Received:
Rare Circlet
+2 Assassin Skills
+20 Faster Cast Rate
+25 Strength
Mana Leech and AR

Price Requested:
2 SoJs

I gave the guy 3 just so I wouldn't go to Hell.

Laughing

In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one... just makes me want to burn this mother----er down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this mother----er down!
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject:  

No. I remember giving someone a high rune for a 12max and a 9max/49ar, both vlld jewels. Then I turned dumb.

Not a bad find for you.

skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject:  

Not a bad deal for you either! Smile

In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one... just makes me want to burn this mother----er down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this mother----er down!
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject:  

did you really lose sleep over this or did you just want to share? Everyone rips someone some time or another.
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject:  

Back early in the first season I gave somebody the unique collosus bow (Hellrack, I think?) for an 85% CoH. He was some ebayer who still thought bowzons were awesome, and I was a newb with a perfect CoH!
skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject:  

Yeah Godz, I just wanted to share! Laughing

Nice grab Squirrel! Wink

Skips

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject:  

I convinced someone to sell me a ladder SOJ for 2 puls the other day...I kinda backed off and aborted the deal when he said he was new and had been given it by a friend to help him out.
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject:  

Got this for 2 32020s a while ago when 32020s were currency.

Corona

10fhr
AR% on char level
196% ED

I traded it for 20x but I think I got ripped of pretty badly in that trade too Sad
skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject:  

Well, unless it had 2 sockets, then I don't think it was that bad of a deal for you.

While you're here Dave, you're a pretty big assassin fan, right? What do you think of using that circlet for a Fire Trapper/WW hybrid?
I was thinking of using it to hit the 65 FCR bp with MB and Tele, then basically building a Fire Trapper wearing Chaos and Fury.

I was thinking:

2/20 Circlet
Storm Hide (USE Dupe for those who don't know - 2 Assn, stats, life, mana, and resists)
Chaos
Enigma BP
Fury (or another Chaos)
Magefists (for Fire Traps)
Bone Master (USE Dupe - 10 FCR, resists, and 80+ mana)
Arachnid's
Raven
Gores or Treks

20 Wake of Fire
20 Fireblast
20 Wake of Inferno
20 Claw Mastery
Rest into Weapon Block to hit 60%

I decided against Venom for a couple reasons:
1) It would require 100 points to complete the build, at least.
2) Poison resist is capped at 75% while DR is capped at 50%. It makes more sense to focus on additional physical damage than elemental.

Should I give it a try Dave? Smile

breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject:  

It's interesting, and I'm sure it will work, but not as well as a pure ww assassin. I think you probably know that though.

The lack of venom will reduce your damage by a ton, and the lack of points into Fade will hurt your DR% and your elemental resistance. The extra damage from your fire traps will be nice, but your main damage will still come from ww. I also always max mb on my ww assassins, and you won't have the skill points to do that either.

Don't get me wrong, it will work and be a cool variant build, it just won't be as effective as a ww sin.

You definately need Soul Shanks for your boots. Besides that it seems fine.
skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject:  

Well, here was my thinking:

A well-played WW Assn uses WoF anyway, and although the damage won't totally compensate, a fully-synergized WoF can nearly make up for the loss of Venom. I did the math, and while Venom CAN do a lot of damage, it doesn't always. Most good duelers will have 75% poison resist, which really nullifies the effectiveness of Venom. Fire is also easily absorbed, but WoF will hit those enemies with high defense that your WW and Venom won't.

I think one of the main questions I was having was the use of Shadow GCs vs Trap GCs. Building this as a Trapper with WW backup makes this a bit easier to swallow rather than a WW Assn with some odd side skills. Rather than looking at it as a loss of DR, Resistances, and Venom, I try looking at it as a Fire Trapper with the nice addition of some Resistances, DR, and a good killer skill.

I realize that it wounldn't rock most pubbies, but it would for sure be a pretty unique build. I even pondered making a Fire Kicker with Firelizard's just to see if I could find a viable use for them! Laughing

Thanks for the input bro!

breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject:  

Lets compare it to a fire trapper. Your damage from traps will be lower, and your mb will be level 1 which means you won't be doing as much damage from wof/mb stunlock. You won't be able to use 3/3 claws or other trapper specific gear. You can tele in to ww, but this really only puts you in harms way by putting you next to them, and it allows them a chance to get out of the stunlock, because for those seconds you aren't laying traps or mbing.

Lets compare it to a pure ww assassin. Your damage, DR, and resists are lower and you miss out on a ton of venom damage. Again, you also miss out on a lot of mb damage. In this comparison, it isn't as obvious that the hybrid is weaker, because he has fire traps to make up for these shortcomings, but in my mind he will be weaker than a pure ww assassin. This just comes from experience playing assassins and isn't really easy to explain. To simplify, you can look at it this way. If the assassin is weaker than a fire trapper, then he will also be weaker than a ww assassin, since all well built ww assassins are stronger builds than fire trappers.

It will work, and could be fun to play, but I just dont' think it will be able to compete in duels as well as a ww sin or a fire trapper. If I built it I would definately use trap GCs. You were talking about this build months ago on RPGForums, might as well make it already Smile
skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject:  

Well, I see where you're coming from. Actually, the build I was asking about on RPGForums was a Fire Kicker; not a WW. I thought this would be a lot stronger as WW is just generally an easier skill to kill with, and I won't need the way high STR to wear Dancers. Hell, maybe it would be a fun PvM build if I get bored with it otherwise! Laughing

Bountiehunter

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject:  

i traded ist for ladder 3-20-20....

@Us West - Bountiehunter <-> Bountiehunter13 mostly on 9 Wink
skygoneblue

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject:  

Wooooow! Laughing Who is the poor sucker who gave that up?

Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: