LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
"THE GAUNTLET" US East NL VLLD Tournament Nov 28th
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 7 [104 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject:  "THE GAUNTLET" US East NL VLLD Tournament Nov 28th  

Date is Sunday Nov 28TH 7:30 PM EST.

Open to all Level 9 Duelers. No entry fee. Prizes will be awarded along with bragging rights for top finishers.

Qualifying format will be Round Robin. Everyone will duel everyone else. Top 8 Records will advance to finals. Ties will be broken by one on one Sudden Death Matches.

Specific rules will be rolled out soon but there will be a couple that can be stated now and that will not change. They are:

-No Potting of any kind. (participants may be required to show their belts in the trade window just prior to a match)
-No using shrines of any sort.
-No killing monsters for life or mana steal or any other reason.
-No returning to town before duel has ended. Doing so will cause forfeit.
-No spectating by non participants.
-Equipment may be adjusted between duels if done so in 20 seconds or less

That is just a bit to whet your appetites for the Tourney. As of now, as you can see I am allowing all classes and builds at level 9. This is open for discussion but I feel that every level 9 can be beat. It is up to everyone to prepare for all comers. Remember you do not have to win every match to qualify for the finals or maybe even win the tournament.

Last edited by Rampage on Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:59 am; edited 4 times in total
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject:  

what about running if you're a melee char? if you're melee, i think you should go toe to toe with minimal running.

also, you might want to change "No killing monsters for life or mana steal." to "No killing monsters for any reason." because asns can charge up on them and not leech at all. it's just a little clearer, no loopholes.

[Important Links]
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject:  

Ok good suggestion on the wording of that rule.

As far as the running goes, when you run your defense drops making you vulnerable. An assassin with BoS and Hsaurus should be able to run down any other character and clobber them. That is, if slow is not employeed in any manner. Whether the tourney is going to be pure melee or not is up for discussion. I am sort of in favor of letting any type of VLLD enter but I will go with the majority vote on this one. If a Smiter or runner is allowed then throwing and bows would also be allowed. On switch that could really even the odds against a runner. I am opposed to slow being used in any manner and do not think Mercs or Pets should be allowed but the majority rules there too.
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject:  

oh, i'm not saying that no running should be allowed, i'm saying that if you're a melee char, don't run excessively (i.e. to get away from an asn's release). i'm fine with level 9 ranged chars running, they have enough of a disadvantage as it is. i think you know why i'm bringing this up.

[Important Links]
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, I know why you bring it up but running when you see someone pull the pin on a hand grenade is not a bad idea. And three balls going around an assassin is a hand grenade waiting to go off.

I would like to see Meitou in the tournament. I think it is up to each and everyone of us to devise a strategy to beat him.

Having said that, I will not jeopardize the whole tournament just to allow one character in. If the majority says NO then that is how it will be. The same thing goes for Smiters.
PigletIX

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject:  

Hey, its piggly wiggly, and i hope to have my max ts sin done by the tourney to enter her and my pally... i wont be playing both chars me and a friend are making joint lld acct wiht all our llders on it... hes rich in high lvl stuff so were trading it off liek flies... well i cant wait for this toureny... IM IN with

sacadin
ts sin

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject:  

i would rather duel a smiter than a necro with meitou's "strategy".

[Important Links]
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject:  

More info:

Looking to sign up 16 or more LVL9s. Preliminary will be a qualifying round where everyone duels everyone else just once. So a missed click or the wrong switch could cost even the best dueler a win. Ties (same record) will be broken by a one on one Sudden Death match between those who are tied until 8 have qualified. After that the best 8 records will advance to the final rounds consisting of another round robin in which everyone will duel one another for the best out of three. The finals will be the two best records squaring off for a best of five match. Again if there is a tie for second place a face to face one duel Death Match will decide who competes in the final.

This format should be no more time consuming than the last VLLD tourney and will allow everyone to match up with everyone else. It will test to see not only who is the most dominating character but also how versatile and adaptable each build and each builder are.

Discussion about this format, the rules and who should be allowed to enter are welcome.

Sign up will begin this weekend. Prizes to be announced will be awarded to the top 4 finishers.
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject:  

B[x] wrote:

I don't like the way you put it. My strategy, that is, running away when a TS assasin has 2 or 3 charges, is a good strategy. Everyone including myself who had TS lvl9 in 09, did the same thing, and won't complain about opponent running away. It's plainly stupid standing up to a rolling ball of TS. When you made your TS assasin, you should have expected that people would run away from charges.

As for recasting bone armor. Why shouldn't a necro do so? It's almost the only point of making a lvl 9 necro.

My point of view about vlld or lld is, expanding, not limiting all the possibilities.

What if someone say, hell it's unfair B[x] has all his min jewel gears. Let's ban jewels at all in this tourney?
ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject:  

Why not release the charges at 2 balls instead of 3, sure its less damage but it catches them off guard...

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject:  

Sad I unfortunately cant make weekend tournaments Sad

If anyone wants to duel for fun (and kick my ass) msg spall_girl666

If there is ever a week tournament or something you can definately count me in Very Happy

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject:  

Darn you Marie, if you weren't so popular and going to parties all the time you could play with us! LOL.
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject:  

meitou wrote:
B[x] wrote:

I don't like the way you put it. My strategy, that is, running away when a TS assasin has 2 or 3 charges, is a good strategy. Everyone including myself who had TS lvl9 in 09, did the same thing, and won't complain about opponent running away. It's plainly stupid standing up to a rolling ball of TS. When you made your TS assasin, you should have expected that people would run away from charges.

As for recasting bone armor. Why shouldn't a necro do so? It's almost the only point of making a lvl 9 necro.

My point of view about vlld or lld is, expanding, not limiting all the possibilities.

What if someone say, hell it's unfair B[x] has all his min jewel gears. Let's ban jewels at all in this tourney?

i didn't mean for my comment to be taken the wrong way, i just meant that what you do is not really a strategy but a cheap tactic, especially when you're using a slow golem. aiming bone spears takes strategy. knowing where to cast your blizz takes strategy. running away from a char is a cheap trick. you say you're trying to expand the vlld possibilities but what you're doing is making the ts sin ineffective. last time i dueled you, you were using three tactics that can be considered cheap - slow golem, recasting bone armor, and running. i'm not saying to stop all of them, but using all three of them seems like overkill to me.

[Important Links]
xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject:  

Rampage wrote:
Darn you Marie, if you weren't so popular and going to parties all the time you could play with us! LOL.

Wink LOL.

But seriously msg me sometime im usually on late evenings east time.

And i cant hang in clan-honor channel yet Sad

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject:  

I already suggested that Mercs and Pets will not be allowed. A golem is a Pet and is raven, wolf, skellies, shadows, Valks etc. Anything that could inflict damage or interfere with the duel between the two characters would not be permitted. And yes, I do know that you can't have some of those at level 9. I was just making an example.

Therefore, he would be limited to using two of the tactics you mentioned.
Page 1 of 7 [104 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
Jump to: