LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:01 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
2008 elections
Page 1 of 4 [50 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject:  2008 elections
Subject description: those from other countries input wanted

im interested on you, friends, families,... enemies
thoughts on the candidates for the states 2008 election from outside the US

Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject:  

i dont think anyone outside of america really likes/cares about us anymore. bush has screwed up our reputation so much with iraq. i dont think it even matters how educated someone is on the subject anymore.

so ill say...obama pwns, watch the daily show, hillary stop sniping, mccain will win it all because so many americans are generally irresponsible white people who fear those afro 'mericans.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Mr_Bilson

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject:  

to be honest i dont really see much about your elections. there is maby one article in the paper every couple of days and a five min segment on the news when something happens but that is about it

hillary seems like a bitch though

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject:  

Can't vote (missing the age req by a few months) but I'm personally hoping for Ron Paul.
Women are to emotional to be a leader of a country (in my opinion), so we can rule out Hilary that way, other then the fact shes a stinking Democrat.
But I kinda like Obama, but if he gets elected pretty sure he'd be assassinated rather swiftly.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
Can't vote (missing the age req by a few months) but I'm personally hoping for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is a certified nutjob and anyone who still supports him is either just trying to be trendy, completely ignorant about his viewpoints, or also a certified nutjob.

Wank wrote:
Women are to emotional to be a leader of a country (in my opinion), so we can rule out Hilary that way, other then the fact shes a stinking Democrat.

George W. Bush has made plenty of emotional decisions, along with every other President in the history of America. I mean I'm not a big Hillary supporter either, but Hillary takes a lot of crap for being an "emotional woman", yet when she tries to make an effort to not seem emotional, she gets called a cold-hearted bitch. It sounds like a few too many men are trying to make thinly veiled rational arguments with their emotionally driven sexism.

Wank wrote:
But I kinda like Obama, but if he gets elected pretty sure he'd be assassinated rather swiftly.

Yeah, this really scares me, too. I fear that if he wins it won't take long before some disgruntled idiot decides it's his life's duty to get "darkie" out of the white house.
dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject:  

Ron paul or bama mama is gonna win imo, Not sure who I will vote for but I would rather have anyone then Hilary cause shes a nut.
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject:  

from outside the us, and with all my knowledge coming from the daily show, i think you're either gonna have your first black or your first female prez. personally i think i'd vote for obama because you know there will be a scandal with hillary caught with some young intern's face between her thighs

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Mr_Bilson

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
Women are to emotional to be a leader of a country (in my opinion)

there are many compentent woman out there who could run a country, hillary just doesnt seem to one of them.

Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:

One month for me. It's too bad really, I know my one vote would really help whoever I chose.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
George W. Bush has made plenty of emotional decisions, along with every other President in the history of America. I mean I'm not a big Hillary supporter either, but Hillary takes a lot of crap for being an "emotional woman", yet when she tries to make an effort to not seem emotional, she gets called a cold-hearted bitch. It sounds like a few too many men are trying to make thinly veiled rational arguments with their emotionally driven sexism.

Emotions is one of the lighter reasons. It would be ignorant to say man is equal to woman. Not good at giving exact verses from the bible, but man was meant to be the leader, not the woman. It would apply the same in forms of government leadership as well.

And of course other presidents make emotional decisions, it isn't necessarily a male:female issue, its more of a left brain:right brain issue.

But I don't care enough about this election, as I am not eligible to participate. I'd rather not concern myself with things I have no control over.

My reasons for supporting Ron Paul is strictly because my AP Us History teacher does, and he's probably one of the most intellectual people I know. I'd vote him for president any day.

Quote:
there are many compentent woman out there who could run a country, hillary just doesnt seem to one of them.

It would take a left brained woman; and left brained women don't have a history of playing a political role, at least as a leader.

Quote:
I know my one vote would really help whoever I chose.

Is that what they told you? ahaha Smile

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject:  

i dont think Ron Paul has any chance anymore, McCain is the front runner for the rep's. probably McCain and Obama (im 80% on Obama getting the dem nomination) for the elections.. and im 65% sure that the "moderate" McCain will get the presidency.

as much as i blame W for his inferiority issues with his father and conservative opinions to take on established scientific law.... its really the administration (now mostly dissolved) that really "runs" the country. SO when america elects a prez' its "wrong" to not think about the others who are with them.
During 2000-200X executive privilege had/has been over used in the Bush administration, this is simply Senior people being "on message" who have worked close for a long time; people such as Rumsfeld, Rove, Cheney, Gonzales, and David addington running things by manipulating "executive privilege" so W could further the Grand parties interests.

you guys can check this out and cross check it with the work of Rice + a man named Philip Zelikow zelikow was an individual who is credited with the preemptive doctrine focusing on getting an excuse to invade iraq, it became public in 2002. ironicly he was also made director of the 9/11 commission, a perceived, huge conflict of interest, partially believed to be semi-cover up for the failings of the FBI and people, like Condi Rice. )
If you feel like this is preeeeechy it is,, it IS "activist" propaganda, but it is not, (let me repeat this), NOT made up in its basic facts.
the Project for the new American century is REAL. it is an open militaristic proposal and shift towards an even stronger hawkish agenda.
signed in 1997, check out the names. it was not a secret, it was a large well documented, manifesto, open and candid about its policies. It really took off in 2001, for good reason some would say, and others would say it was without that reason, and poorly directed.

you can also hear more about the rise of the Neo-cons and what it means for America for the past 15 years and what it might mean for the future

<end information dump.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject:  

http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=10594

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
lld_newb

BNet Acct/Realm: Deserves a spam section.
70.13 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject:  

personally, i hear that Hillery or her people were talking about how we never heard Obama's name except from these elections, and if she wasn't our first lady, no one would know who she was either -_-

i wish Al gore would have ran again, just to say i told you so ><

i hope Obama turns out to be blacker then black, and he is just acting like a uncle tom

Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject:  

lld_newb wrote:
we never heard Obama's name except from these elections

he got big after the democratic convention in 04

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject:  

Let's just dispel the "Ron Paul is a crank" myth, shall we? While I personally have no interest in seeing him become President, his theories are actually rather reasonable, if you stop listening to media hype. He wants to return us to a gold standard (so that our money is actually worth something tangible), limit government size (classic Libertarianism), and a few other things that, while a bit unrealistic (abolishing Federal tax), are not by any means "crazy".

As for McCain versus Obama (Clinton is done - she's the only one that doesn't realize it yet), I would put my money on Obama. This election is going to be about "change": change from the Bush era, change from our shitty international standing, change from all sorts of things. Obama figured this out early on, and staked his entire campaign on it; Clinton came late to the game, and her efforts to position herself as "an agent of change" fell flat fast. McCain is campaigning on a platform of "more of the same"; this will appeal to a large portion of the country that fears change and likes status quo, but in reality this electorate is galvanized to go in a new direction, and McCain isn't it.

Students of politics will point out that it's practically inevitable that the country swings 90 to 180 degrees every 8 years. That's the nature of American politics: we're fickle, and we always start thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

This election is the Democrats' to lose, make no mistake. Unless Obama seriously chokes between now and November, he will be our next President come January. McCain, decent guy though he may be, just doesn't have a chance. Hell - his own party can barely stand him, and his traditional "base" (moderates) is swinging for Obama like Barry Bonds hitting homers.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Page 1 of 4 [50 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: