LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
very funny story...! :D
Page 1 of 3 [38 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
jdb-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: usueast nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject:  very funny story...! :D  

Ok, so i was just playing d2, getting a rush from rancid and talking about stuff..when i get this knock at the door..it's this British lady and she's yelling about her car..i mean this lady is pouring her heart out 2 me.. Rolling Eyes Im like, lady slow down wut happened..it appears she is from England was down here on a business trip and lives on the other street..so that night she decided 2 drive down the street a bit more..2 i guess c wut's down there..the lady drove down the boat ramp and the front end of the car is in the water..she had just bought it.... Crying or Very sad so, being a helpful guy i go running around trying 2 get people 2 help..or sum1 with rope...she's like..i put it in four-wheel drive but it wont bak out..she has 2 foot holes in the ground from where her wheels had spun..im sweating profusely..finally i get a friend..he gets his mom and we proceed 2 help this lady..lemme just say, it's 10:45 at night... Mad We begin our journey over when i c her driving by..im like wut happened? how did u get out? listen 2 this..''Oh, it appears i had the car in neutral the whole time..and when i finally put it in four-wheel drive it backed right out..well bye.'' I wanted 2 kill her.... Twisted Evil
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject:  

haha. i drove my car through a flooded road once. it was going fine, til i decided "screw this, its getting too deep" and tried to turn around. i turned right into a very deep spot, water went over my hood, flooded my engine, and my car died.

i sat there swearing for a few minutes, trying to start the car (im lucky it didnt start, otherwise it would have got water in the intake and pretty much destroyed the engine.) so i look at the doors, and see water slowly seeping in. i have power windows, so i wasnt able to roll them down and crawl out. so i could either sit there, and wait for the car to slowly fill up, or i could open the door, get out, and close the door as fast as possible and try to stop it from filling up. i chose the second route.

it doesnt matter how fast you hop out, as soon as that door opens, your cars flooded. thats what i found out. so im sitting there with my car door open (since it was already flooded, having it open really didnt make a difference) pushing it towards the dry road, while its still pouring rain. along come 2 men in a pick up truck, and they offer to give me a hand pushing and then drive me to a gas station to called BCAA.

2 phone calls later, and me giving the guys 20$ for their help, im sitting in my parents car, frozen to the bone waiting 3 hours for a tow truck to arrive and tow my car to my parents house. apparently im lucky i pushed the car out of the water, tow truck drivers arent allowed to touch the water with their truck, incase they get stuck.

moral of the story. my car, is infact, not a boat.

oh, and if you want to go through a flooded road, drive SLOWLY (the waves from the wake you make will go over your hood and kill your engine if you go fast) and dont try to turn around, once you;re doing it, you;re committed.

jdb-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject:  

Ahhhhh..jeez the sucks bro..how is your car now? Wink
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
moral of the story. my car, is infact, not a boat.

hahaha. Laughing

[Important Links]
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject:  

its fine. runs ok, itll never run like it was before, since im sure some damage was done.

Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject:  

y didnt u just turn the key to "accesory" roll the window down and crawl out. ?
jdb-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
it doesnt matter how fast you hop out, as soon as that door opens, your cars flooded. thats what i found out
Idea
Grits

BNet Acct/Realm: East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject:  

i didnt say open the door. once the key is in "accesory" or turned backwards all your electrical functions come on, thus allowing the power windows to work.

Peace,Grits
jdb-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:  

But if u roll down the windows water will still come in.
Grits

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject:  

he didnt say the water was at window level he was in a ditch not a lake Shocked

Peace,Grits
jdb-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject:  

woops, by bad buddy, i read the over the hood thing as he was like in a ditch with water that was totally around his car..so if he rolled down window or opened car door water would seep in..rofl..im not having a good day Laughing Rolling Eyes
Grits

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject:  

nah no reason to apolagize just a conversation Laughing

Peace,Grits
jdb-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject:  

Very Happy kool beans, and if u dont mind, wut is your acc name? i'd like 2 chat further with ya
Grits

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject:  

my lld acc is gkitty3 hollah some time.

Peace,Grits
xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject:  

Lol both stories are hilarious...the mental images in my head Laughing

Similar thing happened to me....my genius friend decided to take a shortcut across an uncleared parking lot after a snow storm (the lot was where a new store was half built and parking lot wasnt finished)

CLever that my friend was to go through the parking lot we got stuck midway. snow half way up the car door and half way up my legs once i had managed to climb my way out throught the window Sad. so here we are, 20 below (celcius mind you), wearing not practical boots and skirts (we were freezing our asses off) for like an hour and a half trying to get the car out of the damn snow taking turns pushing at 1am.

5 cars drove by...slowed down...rolled down window and stuck heads out to look at what was going on (we were pretty far off) and then continued to drive to wherever they were going Mad

finally another car pull sup beside us (had the same brilliant idea of going through the damned parking lot) BUT did so with a huge pickup....much better idea than with a low car Confused and pulled us out of the snow at around 2:30 am severely damaging my friends bumper Shocked cost a ton to get it fixed but at least we got out of the cold

needless to say we were both sick and stuck at home for a week

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 1 of 3 [38 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: