LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:31 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Should I quit Diablo???
Page 1 of 4 [46 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject:  Should I quit Diablo???
Subject description: I need advice....

OK, so, I'm a HUUUUGE fan of Diablo because I love the fact that you have to build chars. The randomness makes it fun to me. Wierdly enough lately it seems I enjoy making the characters more than I like playing with them or dueling with them. I think I know why... but MANY things together give me doubts on what I should do.

Biggest reason to me is friends! I play this game for the friendship. Fuh gets me laughing out loud (in real life not just typing LOL) and so do some of my other friends like Grim and Aqua etc. In fact, many hours I just sit in "Fuh" games chatting with friends about nonsense and very little time actually playing the game. Funny to logon just to type to your friends Shocked

Lately, my bestest bud Fuh has been MIA since November and my best guess is that he is pretty much done. Don't spread rumors cuz I'm not sure about anything... just a hunch. This is one of the biggest factors of why I'm even thinking about quitting.

Then throw in the fact there are sooooo many dupers, hackers, bm kids playing right now that it almost isn't fun anymore. In fact, if it weren't for the "stuff" I've accumulated over the years I would quit tonight and just come back to it when I need a break from other games. The stuff I've accumulated can't be found on a website and hackers don't own 80% of the items I have that are of value.

Unless I'm dueling with or against friends... I will literally log off immediately if I see there are NONE of my friends online or if they are busy doing something else. That's how fun this game has become to me Confused

So, if I'm logging on just to hang with friends and duel bm hld's all night... why the "F" am I still playing? And if items and friends are the main reason I'm staying... should I sell what I have? Can't do it via ebay any longer and if I leave... I sure as hell don't want FG or any other D currency.

Now, I already can see friends like Matts' response "Leaving? Gib me all pwz"... LOL not exactly the response I'm looking for.

Fire awway.........

Edit: ROFL... got a pm from Fuh as I clicked the submit button. O.o I should make this kind of thread more often Shocked

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!

Last edited by wfg-dude on Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject:  

Dont quit.

I have played the way you just described for a few years now, I only duel with my friends and I enjoy talking and magicfinding the most now.

Its not a big part of my life anymore as I only spend a few hours a night on it(2 jobs can be a pain in the ass) compared to the full days I used to put in.

I just mf and play with friends, try and perfect a char its more effort while just mfing.

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject:  

This is almost exactly my situation, however i go sit afk half the time instead of logging off. I tried vreating a LLD on west to talk and mingle with some of the west llders but well, my plans sort of sunk out. still have the items but the interest isn't really there, especially since I never even see any ewest llders on (or very few) at least when i visit west.

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject:  

Leaving? Gib me all pwz Wink

Seriously Steve you can't quit. Main reason I haven't been playing D2 as much because friends don't get on much anymore.

Hopefully you decide not to quit... that'd just suck.
Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject:  

Please don't quit Crying or Very sad

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject:  

gieb your sorc's circlet plx. then i can quit too. ive actually been playing a LOT more lately than i have been in the last few weeks, but ive been playing an IP game with my friend Razz its great

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject:  

For a really long time now, I've been just logging on purely to talk to friends. I find that to be pretty entertaining, considering the topics we talk about. D2 is like a chat room of sorts for me. If my friends want me to LLD/MLD/HLD, rush, quest, or whatever, then sure I'll tag along too. But mainly for the past few months I've just logged on to talk, and let it expand from there. It's been working fine for me so far...

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject:  

for a few weeks i used to join lld game with my naked, unfinished sorc just to check things out (and to instill fear in those around me)

purplepride9

BNet Acct/Realm: Aar3 : Aar2 : Aar1 : Aar
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject:  

I dont even know ya ^^ but dontya quit unless college and jobs and crap well dont quit because nothing just get in once in awhile so no1 gets sad play aorund with them make charsand do whatever Wink
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject:  

Cuz u play newb ladder, thats what it does to u. Same for u Grim.

No u shouldnt quit.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Lately, my bestest bud Fuh

If your "bestest" bud is from an online video game, then yes, you should quit.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject:  

especially if you refer to him as fuh Wink

Aqua

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[NL] aquabatsarecool, skankinthepit
3.14 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject:  

Definately don't quit! Too many people decide to quit just because other people quit.. what a bad idea! Say no to lemmings! Plus, you know if you quit you won't be able to stay away.. most people can't.

Wfg-dood! wrote:
Lately, my bestest bud Fuh has been MIA since November and my best guess is that he is pretty much done. Don't spread rumors cuz I'm not sure about anything... just a hunch. This is one of the biggest factors of why I'm even thinking about quitting.

I'll be your new bestest friend! (just don't tell Fuh! shhhhhh!). You just have to play nl w/me more! Very Happy

Steve-o wrote:
Unless I'm dueling with or against friends... I will literally log off immediately if I see there are NONE of my friends online or if they are busy doing something else.

There's your problem right there! You should stay online longer. Sometimes when I get on and nobody's on, I just go mf or go afk in the channel for a little bit, then come back and check if someone has gotten on. That usually works for me.

sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject:  

I say quit if you have better things to do. Don't really feel like reading that all.

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject:  

Chewie wrote:
Quote:
Lately, my bestest bud Fuh

If your "bestest" bud is from an online video game, then yes, you should quit.

Ha... good point! Hopefully you know what I meant by that. Even still I would consider him a good friend outside of Diablo even though we've never met face to face. Well, unless you consider webcam face to face? In todays day and age I guess I'd call that face to face Very Happy

A BIIIG part of why I used to like logging on was not only to talk with friends but to farm items. It was great knowing that 99% of lld items are NOT duped so I would go crazy trading mules full of stuff for lld items. However, nowadays people will dupe just about anything just for the sake of duping it! Then I used to love showing my new found loot to friends and watch em drool. Ha!

I also wish we didn't have to "perm" things. Sucks to have chars poof cuz you forget to perm them.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 1 of 4 [46 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: