LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:28 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
So I was thinking of making...
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
IcedShard

BNet Acct/Realm: Us-East, *IcedShard , "Ice(d)"
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject:  So I was thinking of making...
Subject description: A WoF/WWsin Hybrid; Info?

Ok so this is my proposed setup, i cant view any hld guides atm as the other forums i use r down:

Skills-
max WoF first
max wake of inferno
max fireblast
max venom
dump points into fade(fade or BoS?)/dragon flight/shadow warrior
I guess ill use fade with elemental casters and melee, bos against like hdins and such.

stats: same as always

gear:
helm- uh idk
body- ap/ds nigma
wep1- fast Chaos claw with WoF staffmods
wep2- fast Rare fool's claw with WoF staffmods
boots- gores?
rings-sojs
belt-dungos? or is arachs better?
ammy-maras for res and skills or highlords for DS and ias?
switch-cta/spirit
gloves-blood martial arts gloves?

pvp strategy:

Most chars ill just stun then d-flight in when i can, ww, then tele out with nigma. then repeat until dead, otherwise just stun and trap until they die.

any ideas? any criticism? this build is fairly new to me and i'd like to try it out. Is the gear good and is my skills plausible? all opinions accepted
Ctrl.Alt.n00b

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject:  

where's your clawmastery?

www.myspace.com/CtrlAltn00b
pypride

BNet Acct/Realm: UGA
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject:  

yeah im pretty sure you're supposed to dump the rest into claw mastery, the pre buffs that are supposed to be on your claws should take care of dragon flight and i suppose shadow if you'd like but if not then only one point should go into these
IcedShard

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject:  

ah ic, so should i dump the rest into claw mastery? if so thanks, as this build is just coming to me
dainbramage

2.65 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject:  

With suitable +skills, 1 into claw mastery ought to be enough.

Onto gear. NB: This is NOT cheap.

Hat: +2 sin/2os/prismatic circlet of the magus (20% fcr)/strength/life or PLR. Shael and ias/res jewel, if possible.

Armour: Enigma in the highest defence light (for fr/w values) armour you can equip with your charms/circlet/amulet

Weapon 1 (right hand): Fool's greater/runic talon of quickness is the base claw. Then you're after +2 sin, 2os (filled with UM's), knockback (you're a stunlocker. KB will interupt zeal and smite), damage (yes, physical damage is at the bottom end of the priority list. Look for eth/rep then trancendence then butchery). It's in your right hand ebcause it has more IAS than the chaos. Note that +2 sin can't spawn with WoF, I don't think fools can either. Good luck getting one of these with staffmods. IMO a good rare is superior to a fury.

Weapon 2: Chaos grater or runic talon, venom, dflight, blade shield, fade, shadow master are desirable staffmods.

NB: I list greater and runic talons as they are the -30 claws. If you choose, you can use the southpaw bug to get your traplaying (and kicking) speed to max much easier. If you want to do this, see if you can get your rare claw as a war fist. It should come cheaper that way too.

Amulet: Similar to circlet, needs 10% FCR (don't need to be crafted unless you use a caster belt rather than arachs)... you want to have 65% fcr for mindblasting and teleing goodness.

Belt: arach's mesh. Skill and fcr is pretty much essential. A godly caster craft can work if you have a caster craft for your amulet.

Gloves: Trangs. Single-handedly give you a 56% boost to venom damage, and come with 20% fcr and cold res, which are icing compared to your damage boost. No alternative.

Rings: 1 ravenfrost, other ring can be 'sorber of choice.

Boots: Shadow dancers; shadow skills, dex, fhr. Beats out gores' OW. You can reach these with base strength with a good circlet/ammy. Don't rely on chaos (if it's runic) for strength to equip these, as you'll probably need their dex to equip the chaos.

Switch: CtA and spirit (you ought to have the strength for it). Keep an Um'd (ow, needs higher dex than standard gear. Use an Um'd one if you want to use this frequently) or Hel'd (I wonder why...?) widowmaker around as well. Note that the double mastery (from trang's gloves and facets) doesn't apply to ranged attacks.

Charms, use either shadow or trap skillers, enough with fhr to get to the 86% break. Fill up on small charms with res and life.

Skills;

Max venom. A bunch into the fire traps (max em all), rest into fade or mindblast, get the various 1pt wonders for a sin (try to use staffmods to get these where possible). If you use shadow skillers rather than trap skillers, you'll be ending up with ~level 20+ claw mastery with 1 hard point into it, your AR will be decent with it (with perfect skills gear and shadow GC's, you'll end up with +25 shadow skills, +14 traps and MA. Full trap GC's will net you +16 shadow and +23 traps, with +12 MA).

You also might be interested in getting a few points into dragon talon. It's a massive AR skill, a 3 frame attack (gets under everyone's block rate bar paladins), and is a much more efficient vs casters than whirlwind.
yelos_back

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject:  

dainbramage wrote:

You also might be interested in getting a few points into dragon talon. It's a massive AR skill, a 3 frame attack (gets under everyone's block rate bar paladins), and is a much more efficient vs casters than whirlwind.

This is 100% true. Kicks also aid somewhat in stunning while they are stuck in WoF/LS/MB.

I'd say WoF wouldn't do much dmg though in PvP against anyone who has max res / absorbs. WW/LS or WW/Kick/Stun would probably be a better option.
IcedShard

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject:  

also i'd like to include my reason of choosing Wake of Fire:

1)the spray pattern looks cool in mass traps
2)sometimes hard to see on dueling field
3)It's a slow, annoying death for those dueling me

*IcedShard

dainbramage

2.65 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject:  

yelos - Having built a (high level) fire traper before (with very cheap gear btw), stunlocking someone to death with fire traps can be hilarious. I've seen it take upwards of 40 seconds of watching the other person kept in hit recovery, with me doing nothing but spamming traps and mindblast. As far as offense goes, consider;

Mindblast (as this is a melee build I'm only including one in the series)
Fire traps with 4 frame nextdelay hitting every 5 frames.
7/3/3 or 7/3/3/3 kicks, or a 4 frame whirlwind.

Frame 1: mindblast.
Frame 1: WoF
Frame 5: WoF
Frame 7: Dtalon
Frame 10: WoF
Frame 10: Dtalon
Frame 13: Dtalon
Frame 15: WoF
Frame 16: Dtalon
Frame 20: WoF

and repeat, next kick would happen on frame 23, but let's mindblast (moer swirlies!) and lay some more traps in that time.

The largest gap there is 4 frames. Not many chars can both recover and get to the action flag in their next animation in 4 frames. I'd hazard a guess at it only being uninterruptable attacks, and those without action flags (which are uninterruptable anyway) at being the only ones which can get through our stunlocking.

It's also worth mentioning the hellfire proc. With swirlies, that proc equals around 2 seconds of utterly horrible stunlocking. I'd suggest re-laying traps and MB'ing every time you proc a firestorm.

If your target means you need to whirl instead, you have a more consitent attack without the hellfire proc (and lower AR), but still keep some pretty awesome stunlocking abilitity.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: