LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:08 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
lld101 logo
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
swirsz
Site Admin

BNet Acct/Realm: no longer active / US West
200.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject:  lld101 logo  

I am looking for help from a real graphic artist. The logo that you see with the themes subsilver or ptifo are nice and simple since they have a white background.

That logo can be found here: http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif

since that logo does not have any transparency, I tried to simply use a transparency tool to clean up the background. Unfortunately this had mixed results since the background is not a pure white. If you want to see the results, load up the blue glass theme. I have left it messed up on purpose so you can see the problem.

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/templates/Glass/images/blue/logo_phpBB.gif

Can a graphic artist clean up the white specks in this logo for us? Optionally, maybe make a few different logos that would look better on different color backgrounds such as black or gray for example?
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:  

interesting. the logo/front page intro was all made in flash and i was quite sure i provided a pure png and gif for the logo

well... here are updated versions and they should be working
ill try em out here

this is a PNG

here is a Gif

all that seems to be in order now

Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:  

the png that jerk posted still has a background, the gif is transparent though

heres another version, I think its a little sharper than the one that jerk posted. I think when converting to gif jerk made the logo lighter. Its easier to tell if you switch to subBlack or some other dark format when looking at the logo

Jerk's logo

ooo subBlack makes sigs look a lot cooler, I'm gonna stick with it

Last edited by Hellfireclanx on Thu May 25, 2006 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject:  

I prefer Jerk's logo. It is a little bit lighter, yes, but it seems that you cut out some of the pixels and therefore lost the smooth quality that I liked. However, you mentioned that yours was sharper so maybe that's what you were going for. Call it personal preference.

[Important Links]
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:  

eh it doesn't matter really which one is used, it looks better or worse depending on what forum configuration you are using

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:  

the browser , monitor settings, windows gama, even the setting on the php board (simultanous contrast) can effect the look of any image.

on my machine with Firefox i cant distinguish any value changes from HFC's or mine.. however

in MS internet explorer there are BIG discrepencies (i would have failed a quality assurance test at my work from this)
(good lord.. MS. Internet Explorer SUCKSSSSSSS)

im not sure why a *.png is showing with a grey BG in IE (actually iv seen this "feature" before and its quite irritating to work with).. the PNG is a file type used in Shockwave and Flash for the purpose of alpha channels.. straight from photoshop the thing has no BG,, so IE applies a default color?.. dumb IE,

also the only reason the gif changed color (and yes i screen grabbed from IE and there is a difference in the Hex code) is due to choosing "adapative" 256 upon save->gif and adobe changed the pallete .. from Xp adapative 256 since there are only abotu 5 colors in the logo anyway.. preserves colors best,, i guess this time it didnt!?. Rolling Eyes

Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:

wth?!?! You'd better close your blinds and dim your monitor if you're going to type things like this! Big brothe......errrr Bill Gates could be looking over your shoulder right now!

::in best zombie drone:: Microsoft is goooooood. Microsoft is the way of the futuuuuuure.

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject:  

Shademehr wrote:
Jerkazoid wrote:

wth?!?! You'd better close your blinds and dim your monitor if you're going to type things like this! Big brothe......errrr Bill Gates could be looking over your shoulder right now!

::in best zombie drone:: Microsoft is goooooood. Microsoft is the way of the futuuuuuure.

Nah, even bill knows IE6 sucks, thats why theyre pretty much stealing most of firefox's features to use in IE7.
swirsz
Site Admin

200.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject:  

This project is done, as far as I can tell. Some resizing was done by couple themes and if you find them too objectionable, let me know.

Jerk's logo that we were using before I had originally converted to JPEG and threw away the original. Actually mixed both of your Gif logos for each theme as appropriate, depending on if it had a light or dark background.

For those trying this on their own board, I had to manually edit all the themes that had a JPEG or PNG image logo to point at the correct Gif image. Usually the record was in the config file, but occasionally it was stored in overall_header.tpl.
swirsz
Site Admin

200.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:  

Oh by the way, the PNG transparency bug in Internet Explorer is well known, and solved by a short JavaScript on a few sites. To a quick Internet search and you should find some discussion of this. Personally I just bother to make sure everything looks good with Foxfire myself.
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:  

haha my leet paint skillz rule

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion