LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:33 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
WFG Dude's Lvl 30 CS Zon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 4 [47 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:  WFG Dude's Lvl 30 CS Zon  

We don't have anything stickied for zons so if this guide is worthy... I hope it helps anyone making a cs zon.

Things to know about charged strike (cs):
1. There are 2 types of damage dealt by this attack one requires attack rating (ar) one does not.
1a: physical damage of the javelin itself requires ar to hit and can be added to the second damage (lightning damage) when attacking an enemy.
1b: lightning damage for cs ALWAYS HITS! Damage, however, ranges from 1 (yes that is a ONE) - max cs damage which will be discussed below.

2. This build is all about maximum number of skills since the primary damage is lightning: more skills = more damage! Period!

3. Nothing increases the damage dealt by cs zons EXCEPT SKILLS. NOTHING! Elemental damage charms/jewels will only add to physical damage if you hit with physical attack.

4. CS zons are kinda like glass cannons. They either kill quick or die quick. Since their damage is purely elemental they can be stacked against and since they stand toe 2 toe they usually die since they don't do any other damage other than elemental.

5. You can "farcast" cs to hit opponents which u can google the site to find more info but here's what I think about farcast: 1. Hard to do especially on a moving target. 2. Good melee gonna run up and start smashing your face while your trying to hotkey the farcast neway...so kinda pointless. Unless your fighting pubby/noobs...don't farcast...just poke em with your javs and hope they didnt stack topaz's or orts against u.

6. Unless u kill quickly...prepare to use a lot of mana. Pubby duels...mana pots!...Arena...use dtm items and pray!

The Build:
I've built a lvl 49 cs zon and a lvl 30 cs zon. The level 49 kills 75% of pubbys especially casters, trappers, and ww barbs (unless they use tgods u will own all barbs!). Actually anyone that doesn't sorb/stack u will own in a very short time (usually 1-3 hits). I've even taken out good hammers in 2-3 pokes and since they rarely use slow gear (xcpt arach) u will be fast enough to whoop they azz and take their gold Twisted Evil If you see em run to town to switch to their wisp/tgods...leave game and thank em for gold... Laughing

Gear:
Pcrown - 1skill, 15%frw, +20vit, +20energy, rep life. This helm is good enough to be used even for the elite gear cuz the mods on this are hard to beat! If you find +1zon skill helm with stats, life, mana, frw, and 2s...then u can replace pcrown. Socket this helm with stat jewels (str/dex)...if the jools have any other useful mods...great! DTM wouldn't be a bad idea either along with your stats.

Javelins: Debates exist, but, I prefer maiden javelins simply cuz they have lower reqs! My current javs are 2javelin skills/ 20% ias. The max for this items is 4 javelin skills/30% ias. Ceremonial javs seem to spawn 3-4 skills more often than maidens do... but hte reqs are just ridiculous! The highest str item on my zon is Rhyme grim sheild at 58 str. Ceremonial require 109 dex!!! Even eth/rep ones would be questionable! Stick with maidens: 33str/47dex. Put the extra 60+ points into vitality! Laughing

Gloves: 2 javelin/10%ias are great ones...stats make em better...but plain 2skill/ias will be great starters.

Jewelry:
2 x soj's - no other option IMO.
ammy: I prefer 1 zon skill ones. Obviously, stats and res are optimal on this ammy. starter could be eye of etlich or telling of beads. Find a rare soon tho Wink

Shield: Lots of options!
Rhyme: Grim or Bone (defense don't matter much so up to you). You want this shield for many reasons: Cannot Be Frozen (CBF), Mana regen, horrible blocking mods! Also has res...but w/e...this is my first and only choice on shields. Only other choice could be (if you want to spend the stats...sigon shield) remember skills are key! Many reasons I don't like sigons tho are: Ugly as hell!, 64 str req (with -req jool in it) which means I lose almost 10 stat points! Up to you.
Another good choice for pure blocking: Whistans...also gives Half Freeze Duration (HFD). and only 53 str req. So you save 5 stat points over a grim rhyme.

Belt: 15% dr string. Ull be fighting melee so dodge + max block + dr = horrible! use a stat/fhr belt if u wanna boost your life more...but hard to beat string IMO.

Cow King boots! U need the dex points for your javs. Sanders are great for the frw and the 15 stat points. I keep a pair in my stash at all times. I prefer cow kings until someone can prove to me why the frw of sanders is more worth the extra 5 stats.

Armor: Peace runeword! Period...end of discussion! mage looks prettiest...but use anything u wish! Some ppl like twitch for ias/stats/etc...up to you...remember cs is about +skills. With stacked res you won't do much damage so you can't afford to sacrifice too much damage IMO.

Charms: lifers are fine...ull still beat most ppl. Ultimately shoot for 15life/12 mana sc's. A couple 15life/dex or str sc's would boost your life...but not enough to matter much.

Skills:
1 point dodge (my skill is 7 with skill items = 42% dodge Very Happy )
1 pt jab/psn jav (pre-reqs)
Max CS
Max Lite bolt (good secondary ranged skill)
Rest in Powerstrike synergy

*Note: If you plan on running/farcasting place a point in EVADE along with DODGE Wink

Stats:
Bad - Mediocre charms = 1k life, 300 mana
Cs Damage with starter gear = 1-1k

Strategy: None...go poke ppl in the eye! Walk into battle for max block! Don't stand near barbs when they ww...wait till they almost done...then poke em and watch em bend backwards as they die! Run vs casters/trappers/bone necros. Vs casters I do keep sanders in stash to run faster. If they stop for even a second to recast bone armor or try to cast a spell....I poke me in the azz and they die a horrible death! Only way they can killme is if they start spammin before I get in their grill! Or if they use tele...then I'm toast! Pesky hammers that run while spamming hammers...don't chase em...throw lite javs at em and hope to hit. If they get annoyed enuf they will try to charge u to cast...then go poke em in the eye and laugh at em when they die! Always stand in their blind spot (about 6-7 o clock on a watch) when poking them. Hammers miss u if your standing in that spot.

Edit: Lots of ppl seem to use farcast as they run around the screen. I've tried it and it is a lot of work and hard to hit moving targets especially charging hammers! So, if you can get good with the keyboard and figure out how to hit and run at the same time...go for it. Otherwise jabbing them works pretty well IMO!

Have fun! Anything I missed I'm sure ppl here will fill in any gaps... Peace!

EDIT: Forgot ias/fhr tables:
IAS: 6, 16, 30, 52, 89 (using maiden javelins)
FHR: 20, 32, 52, 86

Gloves + 20ias javs = 3rd bp. Twitch will only take u to 4th bp if you get 30% ias on javs. I can't think of a way to hit last bp...so up to you if u want to hit 3rd or 4th bp. IMO if you can't hit 4th bp...peace is only armr to use!!!

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!

Last edited by wfg-dude on Sun May 07, 2006 2:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
WeP

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: WFG Dude's Lvl 30 CS Zon  

wfg-dude wrote:

5. You can "farcast" cs to hit opponents which u can google the site to find more info but here's what I think about farcast: 1. Hard to do especially on a moving target. 2. Good melee gonna run up and start smashing your face while your trying to hotkey the farcast neway...so kinda pointless. Unless your fighting pubby/noobs...don't farcast...just poke em with your javs and hope they didnt stack topaz's or orts against u.

i totally disagree

i myself got FC and gave it to zolas and 2 other members of 101 and both can tell that Farcast is really easy to do

all you have to do is hold shift and click

i dont see how that is hard

i didnt read your guide yet so i cant say anything else right now
DaRainMan

BNet Acct/Realm: a place to beat up lil kids
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject:  

dude whats your acc and what realm are you in? lets duel javazons haha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
DaRainMan

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:  

o and ps, i got farcasting zon, 1k life, only 120 mana thats all you need becuase guys die in 1-15 hits and yes i said 15, some do have max res but they are still easy. 1.6kcs with 8 bolts and if u saw my gear, you'd laugh, only 1 soj, P crown with 14 res jewel in it, eye of elitch haha i mean i'm pretty broke and i'm still a hard guy to beat.

in the works of re-making my 35 javazon into a 30 but we'll see what happens, might have to goto 31. only thing keeping me back is my gloves, 2 java 20 ias 15 lit res 15 cold res with a few other minor mods.

and you also need slow missle for casters i don't care what u say u need it. ya it's bm but i really don't care it's a skill taht was put there by bliz for a reason so i use it.

o and for u saying that melee will just run up to a farcaster and smash my zon in the face and own her... that almost never happens cuz like any zon dueler, u run, don't get hit, and strike back. only mele thats ever chased me down and won have been WW barbs and chargedins, and chargedins don't last long

the way i have mine set up is a lvl 28 cs, maxed cs, maxed lighting bolt, 1 dodge, 1 avoid, 1 slowmissle, and w/e else is left over is in power strike. i mean if i got a 2 java circlet, 2 java ammy and 4 skilled javas then i'd have around a 2k cs but thats a lil over kill. i mean, when your a farcaster, u like to play with your toys don't ya hehe Twisted Evil

but other than that your guide is nice i like it, tells every in and out of making a cs lld zon and it'll help alotta new guys with the world of lld... good job i give you a double "thumbs up" Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
WeP

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: WFG Dude's Lvl 30 CS Zon  

wfg-dude wrote:

Gear:
Pcrown - 1skill, 15%frw, +20vit, +20energy, rep life. This helm is good enough to be used even for the elite gear cuz the mods on this are hard to beat! If you find +2javelin or +1zon skill helm with stats, life, mana, frw, and 2s...then u can replace pcrown. Socket this helm with stat jewels (str/dex)...if the jools have any other useful mods...great! DTM wouldn't be a bad idea either along with your stats.

You should know +2 jav dont spawn

same for Ammy

wfg-dude wrote:

Cow King boots! U won't be running much so why get frw? U need the dex points for your javs...so not many options IMO. Sanders are an option but CowKing wins IMO.

Armor: Peace runeword! Period...end of discussion! mage looks prettiest...but use anything u wish!

Sanders are better in my opinion

and "U won't be running much so why get frw"

thats so not true

You will run in every f**king duel unless you fc

so i think the loss of 5 dex make up for the frw

As of peace

i'd rather go for Twitch

save lot of dex/str and gives you 20% ias and 20%fhr

another armor is Shroud or something, i dont remember name but it has +1/cbf
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject:  

Well this guide is more for an arena dueler build. I agree with all you have said for pubby duels. sander, slow missile charges, frw = pubby duels! Vs. friends that are melee I just stand toe 2 toe...and still don't lose much!

the zon helm....ya was thinking ammy and helm at the same time...errr! Thanks for catching that. 1 zon is what u want with same/better mods than pcrown + 2s. For Pubby, I have a 1zon/30frw/59 life circlet.

I haven't used mine in pubbies in so long I'd lose to anyone used to running+fc! But, gimme a little bit to brush up and ya...let's boogie! I'm USWNL btw. O...and I raped her charms too...so, I'd need to xfer em back Rolling Eyes

Twitch for 18-20 I agree... Lvl 29+ peace is only armr to use IMO. Hard to pass up twitch's mods...but I just like the skills peace gives. And once in a blue moon a valk shows up just to annoy ppl! Smile

If you use twitch... up it and socket with stat/dtm jewels.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
DaRainMan

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject:  

lsdkfjl;asfjdklsdl;fjkk;sdjfl;ksd WHY SAY TWITCH YOU NEED SKILLS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE AHHHHHHHH but i like sanders boots. yes cowkings gives alotta dex but my zon uses maden javas, i mean i need low dex and str for those so why wear cowkings, i'd rather have the 5 more str from sanders for my 14% ed mageplate Peace.

and even though i FC with my zon, u still run, your not gunna stand there and let a killer WW barb tank cs or let a hammerdin run up to you and kill u in 4-5 hammers. i mean if they are smart then they got 75 lit res so when i duel "GooD" lld guys they don't die in 1-3 hits like everyone else thats kinda clueless in this game.

as for things that don't spawn i just say what wouldbe nice to have i don't play enough d2 to know what spawns and what doesn't so if i say something that doesn't actually exist just correct me and i'll say i'm sorry... like ya did so i'm sorry Crying or Very sad but other wise dude PEACE armor none of this twitch business, bring your twitch cs zon and i'll take farcasting off of mine and we'll see who wins. u can't get 1.6k cs with a twitch cs zon letalone 1.4k. sorry but not to be mean or a jerk but we don't want weak chars now do we Surprised

for charms wise i have about half and half, half str/dex and the other half life with charms on both sides having res mods. makes my zon when she's wearing sig shield naked with the exception of P crown.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:  

NOt sure running and using fc is allowed arena which is why i suggest cow kings. 20 stats > sanders stats assuming u dont use frw. Know wut I mean Vern?

I do keep sanders around for dueling tho. Using maidens you won't need half an inventory full of str/dex charms. Besides only mana charms can spawn iwth str/dex...life charms can't spawn with stats. Same goes with frw charms...can only spawn with mana unfortunately! Maybe use 3-5 stat/mana charms and a few frw scs...rest should be lifers. I wish I knew speed bp's for frw if there even is such a thing Rolling Eyes That way we know how much frw is overkill.

We can pray Jerkazoid reads this as he is a cornucopia of Diablo knowledge!

WeP

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:  

DaRainMan wrote:
lsdkfjl;asfjdklsdl;fjkk;sdjfl;ksd WHY SAY TWITCH YOU NEED SKILLS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE AHHHHHHHH but i like sanders boots. yes cowkings gives alotta dex but my zon uses maden javas, i mean i need low dex and str for those so why wear cowkings, i'd rather have the 5 more str from sanders for my 14% ed mageplate Peace.

and even though i FC with my zon, u still run, your not gunna stand there and let a killer WW barb tank cs or let a hammerdin run up to you and kill u in 4-5 hammers. i mean if they are smart then they got 75 lit res so when i duel "GooD" lld guys they don't die in 1-3 hits like everyone else thats kinda clueless in this game.

as for things that don't spawn i just say what wouldbe nice to have i don't play enough d2 to know what spawns and what doesn't so if i say something that doesn't actually exist just correct me and i'll say i'm sorry... like ya did so i'm sorry Crying or Very sad but other wise dude PEACE armor none of this twitch business, bring your twitch cs zon and i'll take farcasting off of mine and we'll see who wins. u can't get 1.6k cs with a twitch cs zon letalone 1.4k. sorry but not to be mean or a jerk but we don't want weak chars now do we Surprised

for charms wise i have about half and half, half str/dex and the other half life with charms on both sides having res mods. makes my zon when she's wearing sig shield naked with the exception of P crown.

You obviously dont know what your talking about

ill pm You and ill use zolas's zon cuz i dont have one myself

and yes she do 1.6k cs
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:  

N.e.m.e.s.i.s wrote:

You obviously dont know what your talking about

ill pm You and ill use zolas's zon cuz i dont have one myself

and yes she do 1.6k cs

Is that hell rush? If he don't mind...list his total #'s in skills. Here are mine:

+3 all skills (pcrown + 2sojs)
+3 zon skills (ammy + peace)
+4 jav skills (javs + glvs)
Total additional skills = 10

final skills (keep in mind she needs remake cuz I put skills in wrong synergy first time around...but dmg #'s stay the same).

11 - jab
8 - crit strike (thx to peace)
23 - cs
26 - powerstrike
11 - psn jav
11 - lite

My final dmg = around 1k

If he uses twitch I'm assuming he makes up dmg somewhere else:
3 all skill = soj's/pcrown
1 zon skill = ammy
glvs = 2 jav (cant do better)
shield = 1 all skill (if he use sigon...doubt it)
javs = 4 jav skill

total additional skills = 11

With 1 possible additional skill he adds 600 damage??? I'll have to play with the #'s to see how that adds up.... maybe the mix between "all" skills and "jav" skills makes that much of a difference... when I get time I'll play with #'s at d2event.com or whatever that site is.

Nemesis if you know how the 600 is added I'd appreciate your input since this MIGHT become a sticky someday Very Happy

Thanks Exclamation

DaRainMan

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject:  

idk what i'm talking about? dude your saying to put things on a char that'll make it weaker. wtg-dude i'll tell ya my setup i don't mind cuz you actually know what your talking about.

P crown with 14 res 5 life sc - 1 all skills
Peace armor - 2 all skills
eye of elitch ammy - 1 all skills
1 soj - 1 all skills
rare rings depending on either melee or ele char for res
sig shield - 1 all skills
rare shield, 70% faster block 30% increased block 15-24 all res replenish life 4
java - 2 java skills 30 ias knockback
14% strings
sanders boots or infernal boots - depending on melee/caster/fire sorc.
gloves - 2 java 20 ias 14 cold res 21 lit res half freeze duration.

with sig setup i have in stats:
75 str
59 dex
197 vit
35 energy
anywhere from 830 - 870 life depending on dex/life charms i use
(note i have to re-make so these stats are not final)

with my res setup on i have in stats:
55 str
60-69 dex (again depending on dex/life charms)
197 vit
35 energy
anywhere from 870 life to 990 life (depending on dex/res/life charms)

for skills i have (sig setup since the other is only 1 lvl lower):

lvl7 dodge - 42%
lvl 7 avoid - 50%

lvl 11 jab - unused
lvl 11 psn jav - unused
lvl 13 power strike - unused
lvl 29 lightning bolt doing - 1-1323
lvl 28 charged strike doing - 1-1619 w/8 bolts

thats how i got a 1.6k cs and i wear shitty items aka ammy, rings, shield. if i was really crazy about this zon i'd get another soj, for her and a betterpair of javas giving her 2 more additional skills but i'm not. grant it my java is lvl 35 because of her gloves. the 20 ias makes them alvl 35 and i just couldn't pass up such good gloves. till the timei get 2 java 10 ias gloves, she'll stay at lvl 35 and i won't re-make her.

so total i could have an additional 3 more skills to my charged strike i'm guessing would push it up to 1.8-1.9k cs at lvl 35 and even at lvl 35 i konw i messed her up.

so if u can tell me where i went wrong with my simple setup tell me... or duel me and i'll show you that my zon is still one hard tushie girl to beat.

and yes i will beat any twitch zon u put in front of me and yes, fc zon's run, no zon has the power to do 1 hit kills at lvl 30-35 on the most godly lld's thus meaning the ability to escape fast and avoid danager is critical to survival. and getting 1k cs is childs play.

thanks and good day to you sirs
-RainMan

ps. i've never heard of zolas zon so putting out names doesn't really make you sound any smarter or better, hints is why i use my own chars not my friends.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:  

DaRainMan wrote:
if u can tell me where i went wrong with my simple setup tell me

Easy... you leveled five times too many.

yarly
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
DaRainMan wrote:

ROFL...I have to admit...that's a good reason to have 600 dmg more than the build listed!

Nemesis claims Zolas has 1.6 norm rush lvl 30...that is who I was talking too...no offense. I can see where 5 xtra skills would boost dmg x 600 or so. I'm thinking that even with sig shield + 4 skill javs dmg would max on this build at around 1.3-1.5 and that is with peace...not twitch...so, I'm curious.

Nemesis or Zolas plz post how u got 1.6 Smile

J.o.n

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast-NL: *New. (with period)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:  

no such thing as 15 life/str or 15 life/dex sc's

15 life/12 mana scs req lvl 24

/w *New. (with period)
WeP

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Roy wrote:
DaRainMan wrote:

ROFL...I have to admit...that's a good reason to have 600 dmg more than the build listed!

Nemesis claims Zolas has 1.6 norm rush lvl 30...that is who I was talking too...no offense. I can see where 5 xtra skills would boost dmg x 600 or so. I'm thinking that even with sig shield + 4 skill javs dmg would max on this build at around 1.3-1.5 and that is with peace...not twitch...so, I'm curious.

Nemesis or Zolas plz post how u got 1.6 Smile

where i said it was norm rush please?

dont make up shit i didnt say
Page 1 of 4 [47 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: