LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 7:17 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Ladder vs Non-Ladder
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  

Ladder vs NL?
Ladder
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
NL
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
WoW
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject:  Ladder vs Non-Ladder  

Which do you think is better for LLD and overall PvP?
DDRFreak

BNet Acct/Realm: uswest sc [L]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject:  

you have to specify.

Ladder is overall better, but Non-Ladder has more established roots, larger population, and thus more dupes, bugs, hacks, etc...

Previously *UC-LLD *UC-BigJohnson (friend(s) playing them as of 9/3/06)*USNavy currently NEW LADDER *USSHueCity
Royale

BNet Acct/Realm: Battle_Royale, Battle-Royale (US East)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject:  

I know you've wanted me to say this so I'll just go ahead and say it Rolling Eyes. I did prefer llding on ladder, I definatly found it more enjoyable than the repetitive non-ladder dueling (I could elaborate with a comparison, but I won't bother unless someone challenges my point).

Among other things though, I like the fact that on Ladder there's actually a real chance you can be the best of the best. In non-ladder there's the established elite and they've perfected every type of character with their years and years of experience and item-stockpiling and usually have a name for their character that they wouldn't have been able to get if they hadn't been playing since the game first came out Smile. On ladder it just seems like the competition is more 'active', persay, I'd rather hear about a new prodigious LLDer than hear about the new jewel someone got that officially brought his character to 105% perfect Wink .

Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject:  

id argue that royale i was able to build a pretty good lvl 18 zealer on nl in a few months. granted i had a lot of spending funds, but you can make a pretty good one with average gear.

yes getting to an elite status takes time an effort so its easier on ladder. on east there is very little lld activity, in the arena at least, and pubs arnt always the most exicting place to play. i cant say that ladder is better on east, but nls getting, well, boring.

as for the poll, i hate games that charge u monthly so WoW is a =[.
Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject:  

Going off of my LLD experiences on West Ladder last season.. there weren't many people to lld with. I'd see 4-5 of the same people every few days in pubs, but that was it. Sure, getting the gear was easier since I didn't have to fight and outbid 5+ people like I do these days on West NL, but I will say that the duels are a lot more fun on NL. There's actually challenges.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject:  

Cancerofdabowel wrote:
Going off of my LLD experiences on West Ladder last season.. there weren't many people to lld with. I'd see 4-5 of the same people every few days in pubs, but that was it. Sure, getting the gear was easier since I didn't have to fight and outbid 5+ people like I do these days on West NL, but I will say that the duels are a lot more fun on NL. There's actually challenges.

thats a good point.. east may hit 50-75 llds each ladder.... west sees about 1/4 that it seemed

it got pretty booring with only about 1 dozen total other llds .. everyone else was pug

not to mention when the ladder ended.. u could have the chance to duel some NL competition,,, pretty much knocking u off any tower u once held.

it was more about being a big fish in a little pond on Ladder imo
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject:  

Who says you can't be the best of the best on NL? You're doing pretty well in the wind druid bracket yourself Kaz. Wink

LLDs a-plenty on East Ladder, usually. Just not as high-end as some of the NL folk, but there are a few who reach that level, or close to it. Still, you can come very close, as Astral, Mark, Shade, or Royale all have demonstrated for us. Razz Generally, I find ladder to more lively and adventurous, corresponding nicely with the entire prospect of going to a ladder to start anew! Unfortunately, it seems that people who have gone through one season of ladder don't usually return the next season, so you usually start off with a loose, disorganized LLD community until much later on. Still, I think the benefits outweigh the problems surrounding ladder, so as you can tell, I am casting a vote towards ladder!

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
DDRFreak

BNet Acct/Realm: uswest sc [L]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject:  

also about ladder, and what im personally thinking about doing:

take a whole season on ladder and contribute it to making the best of 1 character or multiple characters, and perfecting their gear. when a year later you move to NL, you have all the top end gear, and spent about 1/10 the price to get it.

Previously *UC-LLD *UC-BigJohnson (friend(s) playing them as of 9/3/06)*USNavy currently NEW LADDER *USSHueCity
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: