LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu May 30, 2024 11:27 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
[WSCL] THE 1ST OFFICIAL DAO JONES' COW KING CUP!
Page 1 of 9 [123 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9 Next
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject:  [WSCL] THE 1ST OFFICIAL DAO JONES' COW KING CUP!  

Yes sports fans, it's time for the inaugural tournament of the Dao Jones' Cow King Cup! (For those of you that can't say my name without spitting in disgust, you may call this the "White Tourney".) This freestyle, few holds barred open tournament may be the first of its kind on US West, and certainly the first of its kind in these hallowed forums.

What makes it unique? All duelers are completely barred from using any magical items of any kind! No blue, yellow, green, orange or gold gear may be in your character's inventory or equipment screen. No charms, runewords, nothing! Only non-magic items and gems are allowed. This first tournament will allow a maximum of 16 duelers, and enrollment is first come, first serve. (And free!)

And why would you want to enter? What, other than violence and glory would beckon you to this battleground?

A prize!

And not just any prize, either. A chance at the most unique, hard-to-find item in the entire game. So rare, only one of its kind exists. So valuable, men have killed to get a mere glimpse at it. What is this amazing device?

The Dao_Jones' Cow King's Hooves!

This item is unique among its fellows in that it possesses three additional abilities the mundane variety of CK boots sadly lack:

1. These are the ONLY magical item that may be worn in this, or any future tournaments of this series
2. They, unlike other CK boots, have my name on them
3. It is said that the dueler who wears these boots will never lose a pub dueling match (this may have more to do with the skill of the wearer than the power of the boots, but why take chances?)

Full rules of the tournament are as follows:

1. All classes can go to level 30.
2. Dueling process is discussed on page five, post five.
3. Characters may not pass normal difficulty.
4. All skills are allowed except Holy Freeze and Bone Prison
5. No magic, crafted, set, rare, unique or runeworded items may be used. This includes rings and amulets! (Unless you can find non-magic rings or ammys that are also not dupes...) All items must be non-magic, although they can be superior, ethereal, and socketed.
6. No charms of any kind can be used. All duelers must carry 5 polearms in their inventory (non-magic, of course), and present them via trade screen prior to dueling.
7. No runes may be used at any time. All gems are allowed without restriction.
8. No potions may be used at any time during the duel, nor may shrines or wells be activated.
9. No mercenaries of any kind may be used during the duel. Summoned creatures are allowed without restriction.
10. All duelers will meet in the Clan-Honor channel prior to a duel. We will try the honor system (take screenshots) of adjudicating duels, and duelists will have a certain timeframe (4 days) to compete against their opponent. Duels will not necessarily have third-party moderators. If both duelists cannot agree who won, we will have to add moderators to the duels, which will dramatically slow down the speed of this event. (I'm not always on, and even the LLD101 mods need days off, assuming they even agree to help at all...)

Failure to abide by these rules will result in: an automatic 1-duel loss (first offense), and disqualification from the tournament (second offense), not to mention the burning humiliation of knowing you weren't good enough to compete with real duelers.

THE TOURNAMENT WILL BEGIN AFTER JUNE 1ST. In the event less than 16 duelers enter the competition, adjustments will be made to the dueling schedule and competing brackets. If less than 8 duelers sign up, I will probably cry. But as long as at least two people try this out, we have ourselves a tourney. Interested duelers have until June 1st to build and perfect their characters.

Duelers in the Tourney

01. Coatol2
02. Chewie
03. Ehhh
04. lpb
05. DDRFreak
06. T_Maldo

Please post to this thread if you are interested. You are not expected to post your intended character right away, but you will eventually be expected to post the account / character name in your reply post.

Gentlemen, start your engines. Twisted Evil

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)

Last edited by Dao Jones on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:28 am; edited 15 times in total
coatol2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject:  

Wow great idea, this should be fun.

I'm in.

Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject:  

May I say I'm in for now, just in case it fills up and I regret it? (I may need to drop out due to work/school/whatever)

Medalmonkey

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject:  

Last edited by Medalmonkey on Tue May 17, 2005 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject:  

Medalmonkey wrote:
Btw, This is ladder right? (If not, im so out)

WSCL = West Softcore Ladder
it's ladder.

[Important Links]
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject:  

im in. Very Happy but...ladder?! man, iv been collecting my gear on NL.

Last edited by VoicesLLD on Tue May 17, 2005 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Medalmonkey

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject:  

Last edited by Medalmonkey on Tue May 17, 2005 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject:  

im in

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject:  

Hm count me in for now.
giantsquid

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest [L]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject:  

Ehhh wrote:
Hm count me in for now.

Me too.
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject:  

Medalmonkey wrote:

BTW; What about mercs?
I told my friend to join, and he told me to use Edge on my merc, but it doesnt say anything.

No mercs. Sorry I didn't make that clear - I think I probably just assumed that'd be commonly understood. I'll addend the rules. And in any event, you can't use "Edge", because that would be a runeword, and runewords are not allowed.

Quote:
Also, what about golems?
I was thinking of making a 6 socked P.Amethyst eth CB for a golem.

Only skill not allowed is Holy Freeze. I wasn't sure that a Clay Golem's Slow effect would be significant enough to ban, and I didn't see a problem with any other golems. I guess we'll find out this time around, and if it turns out to be a problem, we'll ban it for the next tourney.

VoicesLLD wrote:
im in. Very Happy but...ladder?! man, iv been collecting my gear on NL.

I actually considered making it NL, since I know so many people don't play ladder. Also, I have CK boots NL, and I think they're from many patches ago (not that that makes them better, just... older). But ultimately, it came down to two things:

1. Getting gear shouldn't be ridiculously hard for these characters (that's kind of the point), so hopefully that shouldn't keep anyone from competing. Hopefully people on here will help each other out with item trades.

2. My friend's Dao_Jones character is ladder, and to name the boots on NL would have required she delete and remake him (which I felt would be kinda rude to ask).

Hopefully this won't keep too many people from competing. If most people indicate a preference for NL, we can make the second tourney (if there is one) non-ladder.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
pwned.nl
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: us east / *pandaeater / 1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject:  

Count me in im switching to west realm right now

Deadly

BNet Acct/Realm: west ladder sc
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject:  

I definetly want in this is an awesome idea you had. My preferance is ladder but I'd be willing to resarect a non ladder character and start running cows if I have too.
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject:  

the only reason flaw i would see to people starting fresh on west, or fresh on ladder is, getting to cow games in nm/hell. where all the flawless gems and good socketables are. that means they have to make a character for doing cow runs, THEN a character to compete with.

thank god i have a high level hammerdin on ladder. Surprised unfortunately, limited socket quests >.<

Deadly

BNet Acct/Realm: west ladder sc
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject:  

Within a day or so I was going to rebuild my norm ladder cower with my new set up. She will have lots of leftover pts I was going to stick into enchant. If your non ladder or comeing from east, I will most likely be willing to enchant lvl to 25 and rush you. Then rush you Nm and hell and hell after you baal on your own. I would need several interested people before I did this. For a large enough group I might even run the baal runs too.

This offer is not available to someone allready on west ladder who just wants to make a new character. I'm rushing cow killers who want to get ready for this tourney and have no other way to really get ready in time.

Page 1 of 9 [123 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9 Next
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
Jump to: