LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu May 30, 2024 8:53 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Def Concer Remake
Page 3 of 4 [49 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject:  

the bug was you useed normal eth items and used the cube socketing recipe to get random amout of sockets but you also gain another 50% extra def, if i remmember correctly. So 100%def over a normal non eth item -10 less req's and good chance of max sockets.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject:  

dsm-hades wrote:
So 100%def over a normal non eth item -10 less req's and good chance of max sockets.

125%

ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject:  

Only downside to it is that you have an eth item with no repair correct?

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject:  

yes no repair
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject:  

cube a couple of grim shields for rhyme =) that would be super hot

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
ChasingChickens

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject:  

Ok, making sure I understand it, it would be a grim shield with 125% ed? from the base defense or from the eth base defense?

20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject:  

If the ethereal armor/helm/shield has a def of X, after the cube, it's defense will become 1.5X.
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject:  

If you think about it some normally useless runewords come into play, aka Radiance
+75% Enhanced Defense
+30 Defense Vs. Missile
+10 To Energy
+10 To Vitality
15% Damage Goes To Mana
Magic Damage Reduced By 3
+33 To Mana
Damage Reduced By 7
+5 To Light Radius
Put this into a good eth socket bugged grand crown and you'll be all smiles with over 300 def. (i think.. Confused )

Also possibly eth socket glitched ancient shields with ancients pledge Laughing 50 extra edef%

Shame myth dosn't come with extra edef% that could have been an option if u got a glitched 3 socket armour but alas it is not to be. Confused

EDit: after some messing around with an editor, using max base eth def you could get something like this. ignore the indestructible bits.

ChasingChickens

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject:  

dsm-hades wrote:
If you think about it some normally useless runewords come into play, aka Radiance
+75% Enhanced Defense
+30 Defense Vs. Missile
+10 To Energy
+10 To Vitality
15% Damage Goes To Mana
+33 To Mana
Damage Reduced By 7
+5 To Light Radius
Put this into a good eth socket bugged grand crown and you'll be all smiles with over 300 def. (i think.. Confused )

Also possibly eth socket glitched ancient shields with ancients pledge Laughing 50 extra edef%

Shame myth dosn't come with extra edef% that could have been an option if u got a glitched 3 socket armour but alas it is not to be. Confused

EDit: after some messing around with an editor, using max base eth def you could get something like this. ignore the indestructible bits.

omg wow, that helm.....I'm liking....could you do me a favor and show me what a grim helm would look like with that runeword in it? I'm still trying to understand it and how all teh ed is added (from the runeword)
edit: even if it gets only 2 sockets you could make a nadir 50%ed, +10 def, +5 str

edit2: Does the eth bug work on weapons with damage?

edit3: nvm the grim helm, can't get 3 sockets.

20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
ChasingChickens

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject:  

OksoI was looking up the cubing formulas and I found these;

The Arreat Summit wrote:
1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. The chance to get X sockets in most armor is 1/4, (I.E: Mage plate has a max of 3 sockets, so it has a 2/4 [1/2] chance to get 3 socketss). The base of 6 was used in the ratios for all the above mentioned areas.

1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.

1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Normal Helm = Socketed Helm of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-3 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 2/3 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/3 chance of getting 1 socket.

1 Tal Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Ruby + Normal Shield = Socketed Shield of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 3/4 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/4 chance of getting 1 socket.

And it was changed in 1.11 to allow eths correct? So I'm wondering if the bug is the same for the weapons, like can I get an eth Zweihander, socket it, get the improved damage, then throw 'honor' into it and have a bitchin weapon?

20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject:  

That Chicken Chasing Guy wrote:
And it was changed in 1.11 to allow eths correct? So I'm wondering if the bug is the same for the weapons, like can I get an eth Zweihander, socket it, get the improved damage, then throw 'honor' into it and have a bitchin weapon?

No bitchin' weapons.

ChasingChickens

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:
That Chicken Chasing Guy wrote:

No bitchin' weapons.

i want one though... is it only for the armors?

edit: is it possible for a helm found in nm to get 3 sockets with the cube recipe?

20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
lld_wanabee

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject:  

I think it just takes a random number (1-6) then caps it for the item, for the number of sockets that is, and it only works for armours, (shield and helm aswell)
Solartje

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject:  

for a baba i dont think it would own , cuz u lose the sockets to use max dmg. but like i said, u could use these eth bug gear and socket it with cheap 15 maxers.

for defence smiters i think this could be EVOL, as they dont require max jewels...

===> http://users.pandora.be/solartje/needlist2.htm <==

PLZ CHECK WHAT U GOT

lvl9 site u/c:
http://users.pandora.be/solartje/site
ChasingChickens

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject:  

I look at it like this, I get 442 defense with these mods:
Radiance
+75% Enhanced Defense
-this plus the eth bug givesme the 442. I believe that is the highest possible defense for a helm at level 29
+30 Defense Vs. Missile
-useless mod as I doubt I will ever duel a ranged char
+10 To Energy
-everyone says energy is useless, but as a def char,my mana is at about 36, which givesme 18 hits, my only way to replenish is to get hit, and I dont get hit too often due to the defense, lots of timesI've lost a duel because I can't use concentrate, and my defense goes down and then I get hit and die. This will let me attack longer and keep my defense up
+10 To Vitality
-My build greatly lacks life, this will give me 40points of life before b.o. it's like having a p ruby socketed into it. After B.O. it goes up to 70 + life
15% Damage Goes To Mana
-You can never have toomuch dtm, reasons why are under the energy part, more mana I can get back, longer I can attack for.
-this on top of the mdr I get from string givesme like 15-18 mdr total, and it's hard for a char not to have any elly damage, I'm still confused on how it exactly works, from what I read the mdr is applied to each elemental type the opponent has and deducts in from the whole mdr amount? (i read the post about it but don't understandhow it is alldeducted)
+33 To Mana
-More mana, at this point I doubt I will ever run out, which was a problem before and caused me to die on a few occasions.
Damage Reduced By 7
-I love dr, especially in a defense build, the way I see it, if I get hit 6 times then that would equal out to be a p ruby right there, first off it's hard enough formy opponent to hit me, and for their damage to me cut everytime they do is beautiful
+5 To Light Radius
-This seals the deal, light radius is the bomb. Name one bad thing about it. yeah thats what I thought...

Also I made a defense smiter once and never liked it, yes I beat everything that wasn't a smiter but it was just boring for me.

20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Page 3 of 4 [49 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: