LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 8:26 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
[WSCL] THE 1ST OFFICIAL DAO JONES' COW KING CUP!
Page 3 of 9 [123 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject:  

zolas wrote:

if thats the case id really like to enter, but i know i wont have the time to create 2 chars. could my word be good enough to get a char to nm act1 for cows but not do any skill quests?

I don't really know you, so "your word" wouldn't suffice for me. I'm sure you're not an untrustworthy person, though, and I'm sure that were you to go to NM you wouldn't do any quests. However, this falls under the "slippery slope" category, wherein the benefits of saying no far outweigh the benefit of saying yes. So, I apologize, but I'm going to have to say "no, you cannot pass normal difficulty with a character and still have that character qualify for this tournament". Sorry.

If you're just getting to NM to do cow runs for items (without gaining any experience from it) then you could just get any character rushed through normal to farm cows. If you're doing it for experience, then as has been stated NM cows isn't the place you're best off in.

Hmm. It seems I overestimately how many people play ladder, relatively speaking. Maybe the second tourney should be non-ladder. Well, after this is done I'll chat with people and see what can be fixed for a second tourney, assuming there is to be one.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
DDRFreak

BNet Acct/Realm: uswest sc [L]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject:  

me me me me me Laughing Laughing Laughing

Previously *UC-LLD *UC-BigJohnson (friend(s) playing them as of 9/3/06)*USNavy currently NEW LADDER *USSHueCity
Zolas

BNet Acct/Realm: WoW Perenold
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject:  

of course i didnt mean for exp, i meant to get the good gems and socketed weps. as voices said, i dont feel like making 1 char to farm and a 2nd to duel. id rather let anyone who wanted to do this go ahead, and deal with the cheaters. anyone who would cheat in this type of tourny is a loser anyway. but its ok i guess, ill stick to east nl. good idea though.
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject:  

zolas wrote:
of course i didnt mean for exp, i meant to get the good gems and socketed weps. as voices said, i dont feel like making 1 char to farm and a 2nd to duel. id rather let anyone who wanted to do this go ahead, and deal with the cheaters. anyone who would cheat in this type of tourny is a loser anyway. but its ok i guess, ill stick to east nl. good idea though.

It would be VERY hard for a lv30 built to use normal items to kill nm cows.

It would be even harder to avoid leveling that char doing nm cows (lv25+ levels very fast in nm cows alone).
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject:  

zolas wrote:
id rather let anyone who wanted to do this go ahead, and deal with the cheaters.

I wouldn't, because it would be tedious and time consuming to check every dueler (because it would have to be me doing the checking); I'd have to make a character, rush them through norm, then find the dueler in question online, enter into a game with them, confirm that no quests were done, and repeat that for every dueler every time they were about to duel, because certainly they could sneak in a quest here or there. Like I said, the detriments far outweigh the positives. It is much easier to lower the bar to norm only, and that way be assured that no one has done nm or hell quests.

Quote:
anyone who would cheat in this type of tourny is a loser anyway.

You are correct, of course. Still, better to take preventative measures now then deal with problems during or after the tourney.

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject:  

im going to haev to back out of this tournement dao. just not enough time to make the character now. maybe chewie will compete with my idea though. chewie, if you read this, pm me if you are interested.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
im going to haev to back out of this tournement dao. just not enough time to make the character now.

Maybe if I had held it in Guild Wars... Rolling Eyes Razz

Anyway, shame for you to back out. I was so close to getting 16 duelers, too. I may have to have some bye's in the competition, which would be a bummer. Still, I'm sure there may be a sigh of relief from a few of the other duelers.

If anyone in the tourney knows of anyone *not* in the tourney that might be interested, let them know about it. I really want this thing to go off, and having a full deck of competitors would be really cool.

Zolas

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject:  

Ehhh wrote:
zolas wrote:

It would be even harder to avoid leveling that char doing nm cows (lv25+ levels very fast in nm cows alone).

lol i have no idea what you mean by that, for 1 i wouldnt be killing any cows, id be joining the cow game after completed and picking up the items, and for 2 i wouldnt ally anyone since thered be no point to it, and thus get no exp.
Zolas

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject:  

[quote="Dao Jones"]
zolas wrote:
id rather let anyone who wanted to do this go ahead, and deal with the cheaters.

I wouldn't, because it would be tedious and time consuming to check every dueler (because it would have to be me doing the checking); I'd have to make a character, rush them through norm, then find the dueler in question online, enter into a game with them, confirm that no quests were done, and repeat that for every dueler every time they were about to duel, because certainly they could sneak in a quest here or there. Like I said, the detriments far outweigh the positives. It is much easier to lower the bar to norm only, and that way be assured that no one has done nm or hell quests.

what i meant was, id rather let any useast guys make 1 char west ladder to cow with. and by dealing with the cheaters i meant, just let them cheat. it couldnt make much of a difference anyway.
sorry to keep replying its just no one understand what i mean, apparently theres a different language on the west coast Wink
i really like this idea though, and after you do it if it turns out well, id like to make one on east. with your permission of course.
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject:  

zolas wrote:
it couldnt make much of a difference anyway.

...actually it could.

the difference between a nonequipt norm rushed fireball sorc, and a nonequipt hell rushed fire sorc is...747 fireball, compared to a 1077 fireball.

seems like a rather large difference to me. its his tourney, follow his rules.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject:  

zolas wrote:
id like to make one on east. with your permission of course.

You have my permission right now. Call it the Zolas' Cow King Cup Tournament, and you're off. Despite only having about 13 duelers in my tourney, I've had a pretty good response to the idea of a "white league", and I'll bet there are a lot of non-ladder East players that would try this (but don't have the time/patience to make a west ladder character, rush and gear him, and be ready to play within a week). In retrospect, I probably should have made this a NL tourney, but since I only play ladder I naturally thought of doing it there.

Zolas

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
zolas wrote:
it couldnt make much of a difference anyway.

...actually it could.

the difference between a nonequipt norm rushed fireball sorc, and a nonequipt hell rushed fire sorc is...747 fireball, compared to a 1077 fireball.

seems like a rather large difference to me. its his tourney, follow his rules.

well it wouldnt be hell rushed, itd be Nm rushed. so itd prob be around 900 dmg compared to 747. and i already said i wouldnt participate because there wasnt enough time to follow his rules.
pwned.nl
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: us east / *pandaeater / 1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject:  

im out Sad

T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject:  

Hey jones... i've Just lost all my pgemmed equip in an xfer so im gonna have to leave this tourney Evil or Very Mad
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject:  

zolas wrote:
Ehhh wrote:
zolas wrote:

lol i have no idea what you mean by that, for 1 i wouldnt be killing any cows, id be joining the cow game after completed and picking up the items, and for 2 i wouldnt ally anyone since thered be no point to it, and thus get no exp.

What I said isn't that hard to understand with basic knowledge of the english language. If you were just going to join games and pick stuff up, then it really isn't that hard to build a character to farm items. Just get something to nm. Simple.

I figured you wanted to use the char to kill cows, because it's not that time consuming to make a character to pick stuff up.
Page 3 of 9 [123 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
Jump to: