LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:25 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
[WSCL] THE 1ST OFFICIAL DAO JONES' COW KING CUP!
Page 2 of 9 [123 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 7, 8, 9 Next
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
the only reason flaw i would see to people starting fresh on west, or fresh on ladder is, getting to cow games in nm/hell. where all the flawless gems and good socketables are. that means they have to make a character for doing cow runs, THEN a character to compete with.

I'll be willing to help out where I can, and it's often been my experience that this community is not ungenerous. (I noticed that as I was typing this up, Deadly already offered his aid for duelers in this tourney. Very encouraging!) If I'm online I'll help people with quests (I don't have a teleporter, so rushing will be slow), and I'm sure it's a small thing to find perfect gems for trade. Heck - I'll start liquidating some of my less useful gear (older stuff I don't use) for pgems, so if worst comes to worst I'll have some available for very reasonable trading. (I'd lend them but that might be favoritism...)

Also...

RULES UPDATE

One clarification: ethereal items are allowed. I'm sure most people assumed that, but I received more than a few questions on the subject, so I thought I'd make it clear.

new banned skill: Bone Prison. After much consideration I decided that allowing this would indeed be unbalancing, as a bone necro could prison a melee dueler and simply whomp on them until death or escape. It would make dueling these necros extremely annoying and boring, and not entirely fair.

Other skills I considered, but decided to allow:

Slow Missile: Only effective against casters and bowazon, and it really isn't a game breaker. I've fought (and won) against amazons while under this effect. It's a pain, but not so much as to be uncounterable (like Prisons or Holy Freeze)

Mind Blast: in combination with traps. Trappers are already going to basically suck, and without any FCR Mindblast isn't going to go off fast enough to really stunlock anyone.

Necro Curses: The only one likely of any use to a necro will be Decrepify which, while very annoying, is again not unstoppable. Necros will have enough problems with damage & mana problems; I doubt this Curse will make them unbeatable (and if I'm wrong, it's out for the next tourney).

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject:  

and if deadly's not on, im always up for norm/nm cowing yall!
(I do have a porter)
Just a few comments.

Quote:
Failure to abide by these rules will result in: an automatic 1-duel loss (first offense), and disqualification from the tournament (second offense), not to mention the burning humiliation of knowing you weren't good enough to compete with real duelers.

1-duel loss? What if a hell rushed char tries to beat the system and enter the tournament? Will he only get one loss but then be able to compete the rest of the tourney?

You might want to watch out for people who make names like Diabl0, and Diablo on the same account. For they might have a level 30 non-hell rushed charachter AND a lvl 30 hellrushed charachter. (Not that anyone would be stupid enough to try this, BUT... those are some sexxeh boots Laughing

EDIT: i am signing up too.
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject:  

T_Maldo wrote:
and if deadly's not on, im always up for norm/nm cowing yall!

That's very generous. Thanks!

Quote:
Failure to abide by these rules will result in: an automatic 1-duel loss (first offense), and disqualification from the tournament (second offense), not to mention the burning humiliation of knowing you weren't good enough to compete with real duelers.

1-duel loss? What if a hell rushed char tries to beat the system and enter the tournament? Will he only get one loss but then be able to compete the rest of the tourney?

Well, under those rules the first time they tried to duel with a hell rushed character they'd lose the duel. The second time they tried to duel with that character, they'd be disqualified. Wink

Quote:
You might want to watch out for people who make names like Diabl0, and Diablo on the same account. For they might have a level 30 non-hell rushed charachter AND a lvl 30 hellrushed charachter.

Man, I've thought of that. Literally, ways to cheat the system have been on my mind in the last two days whenever I'm driving in my car. (Which is where I do most of my thinking. I think when I drive, I read in the can, and I write comedy material in the shower.) I've considered that people would try to swap characters. I also considered that people would keep a polearm on weapon switch so they could sneak 8 charms into their inventory. I've even considered that people might use hacks to help them win (auto-aim, or god knows what else is out there). I don't use maphack, so I wouldn't be able to see what an opponent is wearing.

Ultimately, I decided that the chips will fall where they may. This tournament is ultimately about having fun and challenging your skills as a dueler (I've really been itching to make a Conc barb and hop into the tourney myself), and I think that the people that will play in it are those that enjoy the challenge, and will be more than happy to abide by all the rules. After all, if you cheat in a tournament like this one, that's really saying something about your skill as a dueler, isn't it? I'm hoping that everyone that competes is doing it for fun, not some stupid notion of superiority or "1337ness".

Quote:
BUT... those are some sexxeh boots Laughing

Well, there is that, too. We'll just have to be vigilant.

visiting

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: hey me !!!  

yo wsup... ok anyway

im in the same situation as chewie; im signing up so that in the future if i can make the tourny i dont regret not having joined ;P

i MIGHT, and thats a big might have to drop due to school / homework

or any other miscellaneous happening in my life... but otherwise

IM IN!!!
lpb

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. West [NL]
2.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: [WSCL] THE 1ST OFFICIAL DAO JONES' COW KING CUP!  

I'm in, *lpb Smile

LPB

Active:

lpb@west

RIP:

lazbear@west and east
lpb3@west
lazdueler@west
lazmuler@west
ornery# (a - f) @ west
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject:  

I'll want to have a definitive answer from the uncertain ones within a few days of the tourney start. I know you probably have finals, and if that poses a problem for several of you youngin's (I haven't had a "final" since 1998, and that wasn't high school, mind you... Shocked ) we can just push the tourney back a week or two.

velocity

BNet Acct/Realm: Lazy_Dragon69 UsEast-Nonladder
-2.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject:  

WoOoT, sounds fun, count me in but..uhhh i dont have anything on west, soo think u can help me out? my pally is lvl7 i just start him right now, my acct is lazy_dragon1

Can jewels be used or just straight up gems?

Martin V. Li
Sept. 17, 1987-Mar. 3, 2008

He wasnt just my Brother
He was my Teacher
My partner
And my best Friend

Rest In Peace
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject:  

velocity wrote:

Can jewels be used or just straight up gems?

Quote:
5. No magic, crafted, set, rare, unique or runeworded items may be used. All items must be non-magic, although they can be superior, ethereal, and socketed.

jewels are magic items. and using them wuold defeat the entire purpose of this type of league. Rolling Eyes

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: [WSCL] THE 1ST OFFICIAL DAO JONES' COW KING CUP!  

Dao Jones wrote:
No blue, yellow, green, orange or gold gear may be in your character's inventory or equipment screen. No charms, runewords, nothing! Only non-magic items and gems are allowed.

I thought this was fairly simple and straightforward. Rolling Eyes

Also, I'm not going to add it into the rules list (although it is in fact a rule), but I thought I would clarify this point, because several people have asked me about it:

You cannot use magical items at any time before, during or after the competition. This means you cannot use magical items to pre-buff skills, you cannot wear charms to qualify for item stat requirements (then take them off once the gear goes on), you cannot keep magical items on switch for summons or shield casting. To be perfectly honest, I kinda expect that when the actual tournament begins there won't be any magical equipment on your character anywhere, including your stash. (Although gear in your stash that stays in your stash has no bearing on your qualification for this event, nor will it disqualify you for having it there).

Only three spots left on the dueling roster. Very cool... Cool

hero-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject:  

ive had a read thru the critera and i have probably missed it but, what days will this be taking place?

edit-nvm found it Embarassed , great idea but i dont have the time to do it Crying or Very sad , maybe next time.

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject:  

just a heads up dao. by the looks of medalmonkey's signature, the way he has edited all his posts to read nothing, and his lack of posting since he was found out to be gloating about a character with no max block, i doubt hell be coming back here to participate.

Last edited by VoicesLLD on Thu May 19, 2005 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
just a heads up dao. by the looks of medalmonkies signature, the way he has edited all his posts to read nothing, and his lack of posting since he was found out to be gloating about a character with no max block, i doubt hell be coming back here to participate.

Just between you and me (and anyone else who happens to read this thread) I was somewhat dubious about his participation in my little game anyway. I have nothing against him personally, but I have mixed feelings about his clan (NAWM). For every time I've met a NAWM that was a good low level dueler, I've met two who camp out in lld games with higher levels and screw with other peoples' duels. I'm sure they're not all a bad sort, but they're a pretty cliqueish group, and see no problem messing with anyone who isn't in their club. So, while I'm not going to guess which of that sort Medalmonkey (or Weekendins) was/is, I'm glad that the issue of whether or not he'd be honest in his dealings will not seemingly now come up.

I'll remove him until he pm's me to confirm he'll be playing. Thanks for the heads-up - that still leaves us with 12. Smile

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject:  

Im in!
Zolas

BNet Acct/Realm: WoW Perenold
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Ultimately, I decided that the chips will fall where they may. This tournament is ultimately about having fun and challenging your skills as a dueler (I've really been itching to make a Conc barb and hop into the tourney myself), and I think that the people that will play in it are those that enjoy the challenge, and will be more than happy to abide by all the rules. After all, if you cheat in a tournament like this one, that's really saying something about your skill as a dueler, isn't it? I'm hoping that everyone that competes is doing it for fun, not some stupid notion of superiority or "1337ness".

if thats the case id really like to enter, but i know i wont have the time to create 2 chars. could my word be good enough to get a char to nm act1 for cows but not do any skill quests?

if nothing else i could create a game, then a mod join that hasnt completed the quests to see that i havent done them. seems like a lot of work and itd be easierto just trust me. or perhaps somone from west ladder could let me use their high lvl acct to do cow runs? id be willing to give my password in exchange.

well if either of those work, im in
T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject:  

Well... just to ley you know, normal cos or normal baal is better leveling to 30..
Page 2 of 9 [123 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 7, 8, 9 Next
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
Jump to: