LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 3:21 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
How Does Psychic Hammer work?...among other things
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject:  How Does Psychic Hammer work?...among other things  

Like, for instance, if it is spammed at a high enough FCR rate, will it completely immobilize the other person in PvP? If so, what FCR break is ideal?

Does it knock them back consistantly too? If they are walking as opposed to running, will it still knock them back?

How does it compare to mind blast in terms of immobilization? Does one work better than the other in terms of keeping your opponent from getting away?

I ask these questions because I'm wondering if I can make a blade fury sin work well by spamming psychic or mb and volleying blade furies in amongst the spams.

Also, does venom work with blade fury? Will it make you shoot poisoned blades?

I've never really made a PvP assassin before, so I have a lot of questions. Wink

Will

BNet Acct/Realm: East L : *BloodPhoenix
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject:  

I can answer one question , and it is the Venom related one :

As stated on the skill description , Venom adds damage to your Weapon , so only your claw , or whatever weapon you use , will get poison dmg added ... You cannot use Venom to add poison damage to your blade fury Wink
Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject:  

Ownage-O_o wrote:

As stated on the skill description , Venom adds damage to your Weapon , so only your claw , or whatever weapon you use , will get poison dmg added ... You cannot use Venom to add poison damage to your blade fury Wink

Doh! What about things like crushing blow, deadly strike, open wounds? Do any of those types of things work with blade fury?

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject:  

I think I know the answer tyo a couple of these. Blade fury I believe carries venom aswell as crushing blow and open woulds too if you wany any, so that's awesome ^-^
My firend made a high level mind blast assassin dueler, and it has mind blast and psychic hammer, either one of them that he used on me seemed to stun about the same, and both seemed to knock back everytime. (although i was running so i don't know about your "what if walking" question.) And he had very high fcr like 180, and at that high of fcr it pretty much immobilizes, My character was an amazon with about 80%fhr and it took quite a long time to walk/run free of his mb lock. Luckily it only did 300 max dmg so even if i stood in it all day I wouldn't die Razz I think a blade fury assassin with high damage weapon and some openwounds/crushing blow could be very interesting. especially vs necro if you got some nice aim and nice timing on your mb's. Althought i would focus mainly on the fury and not on the mb or hammer because it's such small damage at that level that any like.. 2 solrunes or dmg % reduce would negate it. I think a fun strategy vs necro would be to blade fury till the cb/ow takes him down to 1 with bone armor still on, then use the magic damage from psychic hammer to finish the kill. I might try that myself actually ^-^ Sounds fun, what kind of weapon do you think it would use, just the highest dmg weapon possible? and it goes on ias right, not fcr? (blade fury)
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject:  

That other guy said venom doesn't go to blade fury o.O? But i know for a fact that it goes to Blade shield, i know that 100%, so i would assume it goes to fury aswell
Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
I might try that myself actually ^-^ Sounds fun, what kind of weapon do you think it would use, just the highest dmg weapon possible? and it goes on ias right, not fcr? (blade fury)

Stealing my idea!!! Laughing

I was planning on using psychic just for stunning, not for damage. I got the idea from that post about lesser-used builds and their lvl restrictions...and realized asns were the only class not allowed to go to 30 for one build or another, so I let blade fury sins take that spot, and tried to brainstorm a viable build with it. (Because I know ChasingChickens made one before, lvl 29 I think, but he didn't use psychic at all...and it didn't turn out too well)

I was planning on using a +2 traps/20ias claw I have, and the highest dmg claw I can get, along with a decent lvl weapon block (to block spirits and other things that shields can't block). And from what I remember from when Chickens made his, blade fury shoots at a fixed speed, so IAS doesn't help it at all, so basically I'd have to focus on loading up on FCR and skills.

It sounds really fun though...especially if OW/CB/DS/Venom works...

Will

BNet Acct/Realm: East L : *BloodPhoenix
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
That other guy said venom doesn't go to blade fury o.O? But i know for a fact that it goes to Blade shield, i know that 100%, so i would assume it goes to fury aswell

Then you are probably right , I just tough it could'nt add to skill because of teh description , I myself use Venom on my GA Bow Sin ... and I didnt know about Blade fury Wink
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject:  

Well my friend and I tested that a while ago because we weren't sure, and it turns out that venom works on blade shield, but not cb/ow and all that, but everything (cb/ow/ds/venom) works on blade fury which makes it an interesting skill to have Smile Although I still don't know much about it, that's actually the extent of my knoweledge on the subject, but I would like to learn mroe and make a blade fury assassin sometime probably far far away cause I'm lazy
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject:  

I bet if you got very good aim + good timing with stuns + good claw block and good skill about how to duel necros, you could beat a necro with that type of character. Not one who decrips of course :/ Or one that uses massive bone wall protection
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject:  

i have built three Psycic hammer sins for fun so far.. they do not use anything but Psycic hammer... mostly to piss off higher levels

About Psycic hammer

1) Psycic hammer has a chance to Knockback based on its Slvl.

this site has all that hidden stuff and stats on skills
http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/skills/calc/index.php?lang=en

at slvl 20 Psy hammer has 87% to kb a player (however i must say it feels a little more often then that)

2) it does NOT stun, but since KB comes with recovery animation as long as it KBs youll get them doing a recovery + moving back.
(im sure mindblast is most effective = why its banned, right?)

3) Like MB, u do not need name lock, however the skill has no "area of effect" it will simply auto target 1 target (player) with a SHIFT + ATTACK as long as your cursor is close to the player. With a name lock, u can push opponent 2 full screens away before the skill stops spamming (but youll be able to keep their name highlited) the skill WILL lock opponents, not as well as mindblast but it works. it will not work on WW ofcourse and a fast chargers can occosionally get a lock and get lucky.

4) once a character is within range to hit you (weapon range) it seems to fail at knocking back alot.

5) the dmg is insignificant.

6) the 9 frame cast break is the maximum for the assasin ,,achievable on a lvl 25 assasin with 174% fcr

Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject:  

I just read a guide on diabloii.net about blade fury sins...turns out dual claw gets a 3/8 instead of 3/4 penalty with claw/shield. So that sucks...

It's based on attack rating, so you need to use lots of max/ar/xxx charms.

Maybe it would be better to use a high dmg wep instead of a claw...maybe an eth honor something.

Nosferatu
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Ladder East
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject:  

Ownage-O_o wrote:

Uhhh i dunno bout that one for instance it could work or it could not theres only one way to find out by testing it.

its works on kicks but the psn dmg doesnt apper its like gimmershreds it doesnt show the ele so i dunno knarl u might have to test unless somone COMPLETELY knows.
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject:  

Knarl wrote:

It's based on attack rating, so you need to use lots of max/ar/xxx charms.

Does max dmg charms hel the dmg of your blade fury? or would you be just as fine to use higher AR charms cause I think I have a few 120ish ar gc's for lvl 29 I could use.
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject:  

I'm thinking, if you can't get open wounds anywhere else, do you think it would be worth it to use the 50%open wounds spiked shield maybe up'd, and a death belt? instead of string and rhyme? I think open wounds is kind of crutial to the build, I wanna make a necro killer blade fury assassin Laughing
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: