LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:25 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Level 18 Zealot to Level 21 - changes?
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject:  Level 18 Zealot to Level 21 - changes?  

I'm giving thought to moving my Zealot up a few levels, because most of the duelers I meet are higher than level 18, and I have a bunch of nifty level 21 charms I want to use. Wink

So my question is: what would you experienced duelers recommend I do with the extra 3 skill points? I have the standard 7 Zeal / 13 Smite / 1 Might set-up, so I was thinking of going one of three ways: either adding 1 Concentration, 1 more in Zeal (and one in BA); or 1 Smite, 1 Charge, +1 Zeal, or just 3 more Zeal.

I'm leaning toward Charge, because it would give me some versatility in dueling, but I'm wondering if the straight Zeal route is a better option? Opinions? Thanks.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject:  

for a pub build deffinautly add into charge.....runners can be vary annoying...so id say put 1 into charge and 2 into zeal.....my question is y do u have a lvl 13 smite?...do u mean sac?...and im guessing if im right about u meaning sac not smite then your gonna add 1 into smite for the pre-req for charge....so id have to say 1 smite/1charge/1zeal for u to add into if its pub....if its just for other lld's put 3 into zeal

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject:  

personally, id stick with all into zeal. people running? who cares, they arent worth the time and the ear isnt worth the effort to pick up, if they;re just a coward at heart. let them run, and stick to dueling serious people who dont have their tail between their legs as soon as they get hit.

on top of that, most melee technically should die vs casters, and if a melee runs away, he cant win either, he HAS to come to you to kill you.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject:  

Mr. Snuggles wrote:
my question is y do u have a lvl 13 smite?

'Cause I'm retarded. I did mean Sacrifice. 7 Zeal / 13 Sacrifice / 1 Might. I must have Smiters on the brain (see relevant inordinantly lengthy thread regarding Smiters I made in the LLD Discussion forum).

VoicesLLD wrote:
personally, id stick with all into zeal. people running? who cares, they arent worth the time and the ear isnt worth the effort to pick up, if they;re just a coward at heart. let them run, and stick to dueling serious people who dont have their tail between their legs as soon as they get hit.

You've just eliminated 75% of public duelers. Heh. Although, I guess with only 1 in Charge picking it up to "get the drop" in a melee duel is probably a waste of time. But since so many dumbass duelers run (sorcs, trappers, chargers running away to get a good running start at me), I occasionally get the urge to chase them down and beat them. Must be some lizard-brain reflex.

VoicesLLD wrote:
on top of that, most melee technically should die vs casters

you'd be surprised how many bad casters there are dueling out there. Actually, no, you probably wouldn't. Every time a sorc stands still and tries to tank my attack I have to offer a silent laugh. I've long considered sorceresses to the "idiot's class of choice" for their high power to low skill ratio needed to be viable. (But then, I made a zealot so who the hell am I to talk...) Maybe I can shop a good +skills Charge scepter, and stuff it full of perfect emeralds for the occasional teleporting sorc, trapper or fleeing coward (who probably has no poison resistance anyway...)

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject:  

oh, i know about the bad casters. i just gave 3 tips to a level 35 necro in a dueling game.

1: recast your bone armor if you get hit.
his response "bone armor actually doesnt work for me well". yea, i can see how something that absorbs atleast 200 dmg, wouldnt be good for you. wait....no i cant. Rolling Eyes
2: dont stand still. if you stand still, you;re dead
3: vs melee, use spear. especially if you;re trying to tank the melee.

i then told him that if he does everything i just told him, he SHOULD beat me. so what does he do? stands still, spams spirits, and doesnt recast his bone armor. what happens? he dies to me over and over. i was on my level 29 zealot, by the way.

anyways, whenever i talk about something, assume im talking abuot serious duelers. public duelers arent even in the back of my mind when i refer to dueling. most of them arent duelers to begin with, just people passing through as they level to 85, thinking their full sigons set will save them.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
oh, i know about the bad casters. i just gave 3 tips to a level 35 necro in a dueling game.

I think I musta met that guy! Fought him a bit ago with my 18 jabber, beat him. Asked if he wanted to go again (he said yes), and then watched as he ran out into Blood Moor. I then asked if he was ready, and he said "y" ("yes", I guessed?). No bone armor. I mentioned that he might want to cast his bone armor. He asked "y" (does anyone spell anymore?), and I think I said something like "oh, I dunno - since I do 90% physical damage, maybe you might want to soak a little of that up with something other than your body?" I should make a necro, if only because so many necros you see in lld are complete idiots...

VoicesLLD wrote:
anyways, whenever i talk about something, assume im talking abuot serious duelers. public duelers arent even in the back of my mind when i refer to dueling. most of them arent duelers to begin with, just people passing through as they level to 85, thinking their full sigons set will save them.

Heh. There is a pecking order in life, and I know where I fall. Serious duelers > me > pub duelers. I'm content to know my place. Maybe with a year of practice, and about 40 life charms I'll consider seriously brawling with you guys...

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject:  

At the begining of 1.10 I had a nice pubbie build. Hell rushed level 27 paladin. max might, 1 charge, max zeal. that 500ed charge puts a dent on most characters.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject:  

'twas on NL, the necro i was teaching. Laughing but there is more than 1 sucky necro out there lol, so its ok.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject:  

Ended up going with Charge. Not as strong as a pure zealot, but the extra versatility seems to help in the pubs.

Another quick question, tho: given that I'm now level 21, should I swap out Cow King boots for Sander's? Seems like a close call: I'll lose that extra bit of damage (which, granted, isn't enormous, but helps), and 10 Dex, but I'll gain 5 Strength and some AR and R/W. Has anyone had any experience with this, and have suggestions to offer? Thanks

just shdw

BNet Acct/Realm: US WEST [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject:  

u could have got charge of a war scepter eg + zeal conc charge, maybe expensive but i would have sunk em into zeal
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject:  

shdw_DeathAdder wrote:
u could have got charge of a war scepter eg + zeal conc charge, maybe expensive but i would have sunk em into zeal

Yeah, I thought of that. But realistically, it's a lot more than just getting a scepter with Charge on it. It's 1) Getting a 5 socket scepter with +Charge, and 5 more +13-15 max jewels for it; 2) Getting a second 60+/101+ AR pally shield w 4 sockets, and four more +13-15 max jewels for that, too, to keep on switch with the scepter. So, while your suggestion is the "more ideal" one (and the better one to boot), I realized it would take a huge amount of time and expense to get all that stuff, and it's really not worth it to me. If I ever get those items (just picked up a 15 max / +10% ED jewel the other day) I'll maybe rebuild him as a pure Zealot.

any suggestions on the boots? I slapped 'em on him to try them out, but the difference may be mostly imperceptible to me (except for needing a few Dex charms now, and doing about 30 less damage...)

Gg_UnKnown

BNet Acct/Realm: usEast NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject:  

"you'd be surprised how many bad casters there are dueling out there. Actually, no, you probably wouldn't. Every time a sorc stands still and tries to tank my attack I have to offer a silent laugh"

i have a lvl 15 ice blast sorc and i tank everyone i duel and have yet to lose to somone my lvl or lower and i take atleast 1/2 the jeweled lvl 18-27 duelers i meet. i think running would be very bm, no melee would really stand a chance and i don't consider running around shotting every now and then dueling. if i were to guess your "bad" casters are prally just pubie sorc's that have under 100 life, no block, crap mana and no decent gear to speak of. regardless, even if they did run they're dmg is so low they'd never acctually kill anyone and once they shoot someone 1/2 a dozen times and don't see dmg taken they tend to lose hope and know that weather they run or not they aint gonna win. anways, i don't think trying to tank is enough to classify someone as a bad caster ^_^
Rancid

*Hc_Muzzle
usEast Ladder
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject:  

Actually, bad pubbie casters would probably classify under everyone not in LLD101. And they don't tank. Why? They die in 1-3 hits...

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject:  

sanders over cow kills, yes. i think zons would be the only ones to use cows over sanders, when you're at a level that has that choice, and thats only if they were going for physical dmg.

MysticFalcon182

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject:  

3/20/15 charms!

Or at least some 3/20's...

My lv21 Paladin [used to] use standard lv18 Zealot gear and stats, 1 Charge, 3 Zeal, rest in Might, and standard equipment... I just slapped on a bunch of 3/20 Max/AR small charms, and it did really nicely in pubbies.

Charge is a must, in my opinion, if you're going to be dueling pubbies most of the time.

Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: