LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Lvl 18 Bone Necro
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject:  Lvl 18 Bone Necro  

I'm still trying to decide what build to make, and I started looking at casters. I didn't see any lvl 18 necros on the sticky, so I thought I'd make one up on my own and see what people thought. The idea of this is a lvl 18 bone spear necro with 75 fcr and 48 fhr.

Gear

Helm
Unfortunately for most, there are not many cheap options for this build. However, there are two choices for the helm. I want to hit the 75 fcr breakpoint, so the best option is a 10 fcr circlet. This should be accompanied by such mods as +1 pnb, life, mana, res, etc.

Your other choice would be a Tarnhelm for the 1 to all skills, but with that you lose all other useful mods that you could find on a rare circlet.

Armor
Stealth, of course. Mana regen, dex, fhr, fcr and frw make it the only possible choice, especially if you want to hit the 75 fcr breakpoint as well as the 48 fhr breakpoint.

Gloves
As previously mentioned, to get 48 fhr on this necro without using charms, you need to use Stealth as well as Bloodfists. The added 40 life also helps make these the best choice.

Belt
Another expensive item. You'll want a rare belt with mods such as life, strength, and mana (fhr isn't needed because the only possible bp without using a thousand charms has already been hit by easier-to-find items).

Boots
Cow Kings. Dex, frw, you've heard it all before.

Amulet
A rare ammy with +1 pnb, 10 fcr, life, mana, res, all the good stuff.

Your other choice is the Eye of Etlich, for 1 to all skills.

Rings
If you can find a good rare ammy and circlet, go with Manalds here for the mana regen, life regen and life bonuses.

Rare rings will also work if you need the extra fcr. Strength, dex, mana are all great to have along with the fcr.

Weapon
Roy wrote:
Fungal Wand with +3 Bone Spear; ideally, Fungal Wand of the Apprentice (1 P&B / 10 FCR)

Maelstrom gives a nice FCR boost, but it doesn't have any skills. Your damage with this build is going to be fairly low, so getting as many +skills as possible is key.

Shield
A necro rare head with deflecting mod and 2 sockets, with added skills to bone spear and synergies. Deflecting is a must, because with so little skills to choose from this guy won't have a big enough bone armor bonus to be able to ignore those pesky zealers. 75% block is the main source of defense.

Sockets
I don't want to say you need dtm, with this build, but...YOU NEED DTM WITH THIS BUILD. Two Iths in your shield is the only way to go. P rubies in helm, stat/dtm jewel in the wand.

Charms
15 life scs, hopefully with a little mana as well.

NOTE: To hit 75 fcr you need at least 2 fcr items along with Maelstrom and Stealth. I gave the possibilities of switching out the helm and ammy because there are uniques that also have 1 to all skills, so you don't lose any damage. You could just as well go with a rare circlet and ammy and two Manalds. In fact, I'd recommend that over anything.

A big worry for this build is mana. Depending on how good your gear is it will probably be a bit low. If you don't wanna use mana pots and can't find all the right gear, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Stats

Str: Enough for gear (make sure you count str added from gear)
Dex: Enough for max block
Vit: The rest
Ene: None

Skills

You get 17 skills from leveling plus 4 skills from quests in normal, and 8 from nm and hell. For this guide I will sample possible skill sets from both norm and hell rushes. Keep in mind that I have never made a necro, and I might be forgetting a useful curse or something.

Norm Rush: 17 + 4

10 Teeth
1 Bone Armor
7 Bone Wall
1 Corpse Explosion
1 Bone Spear

Roy wrote:
Norm-rush skills:
Absolutely max Bone Wall before you pump Teeth. A point in Bone Wall gives the same synergy damage to Bone Spear as does a point in Teeth... only a point in Bone Wall synergizes Bone Armor as well. This should be the first skill you max.

Hell Rush: 17 + 12

17 Teeth
3 Bone Armor
7 Bone Wall
1 Corpse Explosion
1 Bone Spear

Roy wrote:
Hell-rush skills:
You can get 7 points in Bone Wall, so you lose 1 into Bone Armor. Another possibility is 1 point in Bone Armor and 1 point into Clay Golem.

Comments

I don't know if this would work out better or worse than a lvl 18 hammerdin, but I want to know if I should try something different, and I figure its best to run it by you people before stripping all my chars and trading everything I have for this (because it'll be that much). Any and all suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

edited and added some of roy's suggestions

Last edited by Torrent on Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject:  

I've played around with this build - you've got a good start, but there are some definite improvements to make.

Wand:
Fungal Wand with +3 Bone Spear; ideally, Fungal Wand of the Apprentice (1 P&B / 10 FCR)

Maelstrom gives a nice FCR boost, but it doesn't have any skills. Your damage with this build is going to be fairly low, so getting as many +skills as possible is key.

Belt:
Craft an FCR belt (ith + pammy + light belt + junk jewel) with 10 FCR

This allows you to hit the important FCR breakpoints.

Norm-rush skills:
Absolutely max Bone Wall before you pump Teeth. A point in Bone Wall gives the same synergy damage to Bone Spear as does a point in Teeth... only a point in Bone Wall synergizes Bone Armor as well. This should be the first skill you max.

Hell-rush skills:
You can get 7 points in Bone Wall, so you lose 1 into Bone Armor. Another possibility is 1 point in Bone Armor and 1 point into Clay Golem.

Level 18 Necros are pretty much the strongest level 18 build, yet the gear is tricky enough that few people make them. My level 18 spearnec is ridiculously overpowered for the little bit of effort I put into him. Maybe one day I'll bother writing up an official guide - I use the 48 FCR breakpoint because I really don't think 75 is necessary for 90% of duels.

yarly
Torrent

13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
I've played around with this build - you've got a good start, but there are some definite improvements to make.

Duh. xD

Roy wrote:

Wand:

Belt:
Craft an FCR belt (ith + pammy + light belt + junk jewel) with 10 FCR

This allows you to hit the important FCR breakpoints.

Norm-rush skills:

Hell-rush skills:

Wouldn't more spears > more dmg? People dodge, so I figured more chances to hit would be a better option.

Roy wrote:

Level 18 Necros are pretty much the strongest level 18 build, yet the gear is tricky enough that few people make them. My level 18 spearnec is ridiculously overpowered for the little bit of effort I put into him. Maybe one day I'll bother writing up an official guide - I use the 48 FCR breakpoint because I really don't think 75 is necessary for 90% of duels.

Definitely make one.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject:  

It's not too hard to hit the 75 FCR breakpoint without using Maelstrom.

Stealth + FCR Belt + 2 Rings + Amulet + Wand/Circlet

But if you go for the 48 FCR breakpoint, there's no excuse not to go for the higher +skills.

yarly
Torrent

13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
It's not too hard to hit the 75 FCR breakpoint without using Maelstrom.

Stealth + FCR Belt + 2 Rings + Amulet + Wand/Circlet

But if you go for the 48 FCR breakpoint, there's no excuse not to go for the higher +skills.

Actually I realized that right after I posted but had to leave, so w/e.

edit: You really should make an official guide, since I'm not very good at it and you already have one. Perhaps if you don't make a guide you could post some stats?
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject:  

Everything seems alright except for the Maelstrom xP. If I were to make a character using this build; I'd use Maelstrom on switch instead, for the 1~3 to Iron Maiden.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject:  

IM will do minimal damage at level 18, even if you can somehow get the guy to hit Bone Walls will IM on.

On the switch, you should be using a +3/4 Bone Armor Wand and Nec Head.

yarly
InspectorOfBalls

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject:  

I made an experimental bonenecro with the same skill distribution. His stats are pretty much messed up and gear is mostly crap. I´ll remake him later, but how should place his stats? even with the best necrohead (with 32% block) idd need 100 dex for max block. This doesnt sound reasonable at all, is the block really necessary? Id be especially interested in Roy´s boners stats/gear.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject:  

Here are my stats - this char was just thrown together with some of my leftover gear. So I'm mostly using mediocre life/mana charms like 15/3's and 14/7's.

Also note: I use 2 x Eth runes in my shield. With two Eld runes, I wouldn't need to put as many points in dex (maybe get 20 more life or so).

yarly
InspectorOfBalls

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject:  

Very nice stats, the dmg is pretty awesome too. What do you use for armor, Stealth leather armor or some eth one? Im guessing you have a really nice necro head if you only need 72 in dex. Are the only heads worth considering the ones which have the 20/30 blocking mods?
fuh

BNet Acct/Realm: Not Active
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject:  

My norm rushed one:

currently has 75fcr/90frw/55fhr/max block gear on him
^_^

Last edited by fuh on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject:  

If i remember correctly, Ear God had a not good lvl 18 bone spear nec (i think he had one of the earliest ones).

You should pm/ask him, or hope he wanders into this topic.

For rings i would def use 2x 10% fcr + mana ring hopefully with stats or life rep. Opens up a lot of options.

For Weapon i would probably try my luck with Drognan for a 1 pnb/3 spear 10% fcr wand (i think you can get 1 pnb 3 spear 10% fcr on a lvl 18 wand :/ if you can aim for that instead).

For charms use 15 lifers with mana (if u can afford them). This build will drain your mana faster then a fat guy driving to taco bell on free taco night.
volka

BNet Acct/Realm: *volka *Lv-LLD. @ europe ladder /non-ladder
72.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject:  

Aint the fhr bp's on nec at 39/56/86?

this site sais it: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=551

not sure tho. But if thats the case then lil fhr on belt is the enought to hit next bp.

Also id like to mention a 10 fcr belt if you cant get fcr on circ and amu

maybe a death belt in stash if cold dmg makes you loose a duel

otherwise good guide Smile
badguts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject:  

A quick one i made. Should have more damg/life when i remake eventually. gotta def get my mana up.

minifoot

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject:  

I would say first prio is damage since its still quite low, so you should aim maximum damage possible...
and as 75fcr will definitly has negative effect on the dam i wouldnt go for it as well... unless you have dream items like 1/10/3 wand 1/10/2sox circ and so on

Let me show my nec:

Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: