LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
LLD on classic D2
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
reg123

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject:  LLD on classic D2
Subject description: viable?

I just started to play classic on east ladder, and am thinking about making an lld character.

It seems like a lot of good high lvl gear usually has a low lvl requirement as well, so I figure lld might be fun?

I was thinking a lvl 30 ww barb, or maybe a lvl 30 bowzon? don't really want to make a pally or necro. not sure about a sorc.

any thoughts? I think bowzon is what I'm leaning towards
Magi

10.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: LLD on classic D2
Subject description: viable?

You may already be familiar with some of the "shortcomings" of playing on classic d2, but here are some to consider:

There are no charms. Damage pretty much comes from your str/dex and what's listed on your weapon. This makes certain builds a LOT less feasible. For example: there might not be a whole lot of level 18 zealots running around. But to some, that's a good thing. Wink

Also, no charms = lower life than you might be used too. No inventory full of 15 life sc's for that extra 600 life.

There are no runes iirc. No Honor runewords. No Spirit swords or shields.

Socketing things will cost you a SOJ, which is a pretty expensive proposition if you're considering playing ladder.

With all that being said: at least everyone is pretty much on the same playing field. Suddenly all those low sets everyone thinks SUCK, are actually quite godly.

(oh yeah, and every weapon hits the 4frame ww rate on non-xpac diablo. Wink THAT is a good thing. )

Still, it's kinda fun.

disclaimer: I only played classic for a short while do to time constraints so I might not know what in the hay-diddy-diddy I'm talking about. Please wait for someone more educated on the matter than I. lol)
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject:  

here's one cheap "ok" classic lld build:
http://www.lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=40222

although, the most used under 29-30 lvl chars are 21lvl holy freeze smiters with generals as their main weapon lawl

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject:  

LLD on classic is really fun. WW barb, blizz/fb sorc, charger, hammerdin, foh, bowzon sorta Razz are all good.. mainly sorc, ww, hdin are good tho
only on classic they will be mad if you go above lv 29 but its more fun when theyre mad anyways!
a cheap build that can/will dominate is an irathas set bvc!
all you need is:
irathas set
your choice of armor (i used blinkbats)
a lance or martel with as high of dmg as you can get and -20 or 30 req is definetly good
whatever 30 frw/res boots you can find or gamble.. then rings you can either use rare ar/stats/mana or if you can afford it, 2 sojs.. it can basically kill anything except bvbs.. if you are facing a sorc that knows how to tele really good, or a hdin that can godly desync then youll die unless youre really really godly at a bvc.. in which case youll still prob die if the hdin or sorc are good enough Razz but there pretty much arent any llds that good on escl
reg123

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject:  

thanks for the info, i'll probably try a bowzon for the hell of it, and a ww, either lld or maybe just a high lvl.

and to the stuff magi said, I kind of like the "shortcomings" you mentioned. on xpac a lot of the building of characters was spending way too much time trying to trade for the same charms or jewels all day. and a lot of the builds used the same gear, and there didn't seem like much variation within each build. on classic, I feel like rares play a bigger part. and the fact that a lot of good stuff can be found with lvl 30 requirements, i think it might be fun.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject:  

heprea wrote:
here's one cheap "ok" classic lld build:
http://www.lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=40222

although, the most used under 29-30 lvl chars are 21lvl holy freeze smiters with generals as their main weapon lawl

Can/should you get hell rushed at that lvl for lld in classic?

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
reg123

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject:  

ok, I think i'm gonna try to make a lvl 30 zon first, and i'm trying to think out the gear.

any suggestions? I'm guessing a goth or a rune bow, if it's a goth, most likely a -req one. what kind of ias do I need?

I have a nice pair of 30/10 boots with dex and resist, but other than that, I have no gear yet. any sets or uniques I should look at? I looked kinda quickly and didn't really think anything would be too much help except maybe a twitch?
.I.O.W.A.

BNet Acct/Realm: I'm Back.
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject:  

I might have to jump in some classic.

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject:  

reg123 wrote:
ok, I think i'm gonna try to make a lvl 30 zon first, and i'm trying to think out the gear.

any suggestions? I'm guessing a goth or a rune bow, if it's a goth, most likely a -req one. what kind of ias do I need?

I have a nice pair of 30/10 boots with dex and resist, but other than that, I have no gear yet. any sets or uniques I should look at? I looked kinda quickly and didn't really think anything would be too much help except maybe a twitch?

good old bfists? / death combo? /

and as for bow, yes either gothic or runebow, guess gothic would be the best one.

as for ias, im not too sure, and im also too lazy to check the ias calculator @ "the sticky thread".

as for rings, sojs if u can afford em, otherwise just some rares with high mana and stats. for amulet just some rare with +1ama and some other nice mods

now one thing that can be "kinky" in classic is that there is no switch gear, meaning = chargers > your dead. unless u are really fast in switching on some sort of shield and start killing the charger with your fists.

helm, dunno maybe that uniq fullhelm with some dr/max dmg

reg123

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject:  

ya, i guess bloodfists works, and I can switch back with deaths combo, although if I find a rare belt with +str to go with bfists, that won't work.

and heres the ias bps for a goth bow.

0 % 15 1.6
5 % 14 1.7
11 % 13 1.9
22 % 12 2
35 % 11 2.2
56 % 10 2.5
89 % 9 2.7
147 % 8 3.1
292 % 7 3.5
reg123

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject:  

would it be worth using deaths combo to hit the 35% bp? deaths + twitch would be 50% ias, but still doesn't hit 10fps.

I think i'm leaning towards bloodfists+twitch.

So far I have a 126% ed, adds 3-9 damage, 95 ar, -30% req goth bow

30/10 demonhide boots with +5 dex, 27 lr and 25 fr

24% fhr / 7 str / 51 life / 17 mana / 23 lr / 20 fr belt

and then a twitch, bloodfists, and duskdeep. looks like that is 2% (86%) away from the 5frame FHR bp. lower bp is 52%

should I rework some of that gear?

I'm trying to find a +1 ammy. sojs are too expensive right now, not really willing to pay for them. gonna be hard to find, but im looking for min dmg/stats/life/mana rings
heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject:  

that bow seems really nice. im not too sure how many ppl have cold dmg in classic at lower levels, im guessing that only holy freeze smiters have so, i guess bfists + twitch is the way.

as for starter, u could always use angelic combo. before u can get thouse nice rares/soj's

reg123

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject:  

heprea wrote:
that bow seems really nice. im not too sure how many ppl have cold dmg in classic at lower levels, im guessing that only holy freeze smiters have so, i guess bfists + twitch is the way.

as for starter, u could always use angelic combo. before u can get thouse nice rares/soj's

classic is a pain in the ass to lvl/quest a character, especially lld, so i'm planning on just waiting till I find some rings and an ammy, considering I'm hoping for 2x min/stat/life/mana rings.

my only concern is only having 30 ias, but deaths combo would only give me one more bp, unless I can find a bow with ias, but i'm not holding my breathe
heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject:  

yeah, i guess getting nice runebow would help with the ias problem. though rune bows dont really have too godly damage when compared to gothic bow if i remember right.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject:  

everyone should start llding on classic ladder! haha for some reason theres tons of llds being made this season.. people are even designing specific 4vs4 teams
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: