LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 15, 2024 2:38 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lv18 Jabazon: Revisited
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
MysticFalcon182

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject:  Lv18 Jabazon: Revisited  

Hi. I'm back. Anyways, I've been messing around on Diablo II for the past two weeks, being home from school, and on what's left of my accounts is my remake of my lv18 Jabazon (after I accidentally deleted the first one). After PKing a bunch of Tomb Run games (which got boring, to be honest), I'm considering remaking her and gearing her towards general LLDing and possibly perfect the build and create a guide to submit to the guides section that I see has sprung up here in my absence.

I'll be referencing the two lv18 Jabazon guides in the sticky, written by Gheed and yours truly. I'll attempt to build on them as a foundation and try and create discussion for the optimal gear and build. The aforementioned guides are below.

B[x] wrote:
MysticFalcon182's level 18 jabazon build guide here.

Gheed's level 18 jabazon build guide here.

The primary goal of a lv18 Jabazon is to re-establish the Amazon's prevalence in LLD melee duels; it seems to be one of the least used classes overall, but I may be mistaken. Nevertheless, I'll attempt to create the ideal competitor for lv18 melee opponents.

Gear
Helm: +45 Maximum Damage Mask
This seems to be the widely accepted helm for lv18 melee. However, a +30 Maximum Damage Circlet w/Enhanced Damage seems to be a possibility; does anyone have experience with this? If not, I'll try this in single player.

Amulet: Angelic Wings

Weapon: Rare War Javelins or Throwing Spears
Preferably ethereal. The IAS mod is questioned--it is not necessary if we go with Twitchtroe as armor (5.5 fpa), but with a +60 Maximum Damage Gothic Plate, is definitely needed (6 fpa).

Armor: Twitchthroe or +60 Maximum Damage Gothic Plate
Here's where our two guides deviate. I personally prefer Twitchthroe's mods (25% Block, 20% FHR, 20% IAS, +10 Dex, +10 Str) over that of 45 extra Maximum Damage (which costs significantly more strength). It seems, however, that the latter is much more viable, seeing how this build lacks a lot in terms of damage. This will require testing. Thoughts?

Shield: XXX Bone Shield of Deflecting
The prefix is another question-- I suggest Vulpine, which I prefer but is quite unnecessary in terms of typical dueling, while Gheed suggests Blessed. Additionally, could somebody explain to me the Maximum Damage / Enhanced Damage Jewels rule with helm, armor, and shield?

Gloves: Death's Hand
This is my personal preference, as I put Death's Guard's Cannot Be Frozen modifier as a top priority, being an avid public dueler. Nevertheless, other options exist such as Sigon's Gage + Wrap.

Ring: Angelic Halo

Belt: Death's Guard

Ring: Angelic Halo

Boots: Cow King's Hooves

Skills
1 Jab
10% AR, -15% ED

4 Inner Sight
-115 Enemy Defense

7 Critical Strike
49% Chance of Critical Strike

7 Dodge
42% Chance to Dodge

1 Avoid
Personally I prefer to have one point in here for public dueling, but if your character is exclusively LLD melee, don't bother.

1 Penetrate
Obviously.

Stats
Strength: Enough for gear.
Dexterity: Enough for 75% block.
Vitality: Everything else.
Energy: Base.

Aside from the Twitchthroe vs. Gothic Plate question, I do question stats allocation. If anyone could do this for me (otherwise I'll just do it later), would having an mass Dexterity build benefit over that of Vitality?

Well, I'm getting tired right now, so I'll cover FHR and AR and everything else soon... Input is greatly appreciated.

Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject:  

Skills vary only by what you think matters, I've asked this before and gotten the same answer.

Keep putting skills in until you think the diminishing returns aren't worth more points, then move on to the next skill.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
ste91

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject:  

I made one of these and while it was not entirely succesful due to missing half of the jewels, I did a lot of research beforehand and found that it would be better to not put any points into dodge because of the amount of zealers, you would be dodging an awful lot.

Definately, definately use a gothic plate.

I think a Vulpine xxxx shield of deflecting would be best, or atleast for the setup I used where I had 10 or something points into Jab.
(Although I had a Tower shield because they're sexy looking when combined with a gothic plate, and you reach max block with just the dexterity from CK boots + Angelics)

Oh and about the circlet, an ED/2 socket circlet would be better than a 3 socket mask.

And something that I have to pick out, it bothers me because I ALWAYS see it...

when people say "45 max mask" or "60 max gothic"

zzzz....

why use plain 15 maxers if you can afford better?
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Lv18 Jabazon: Revisited  

MysticFalcon182 wrote:

If anyone could do this for me (otherwise I'll just do it later), would having an mass Dexterity build benefit over that of Vitality?

as ste mentioned you can sac the magic shield for a 3 sock shield and still hit max block if u pump dex..
and the ed% will greatly benefit all the +dmg you have as zons suffer from low ed%, so dex + more sockets = winning dmg

jab is uniteruptible so the FBR is not as crucial to the zon

this is what im thinking
crit 13 61% (vs 49%)
dodge 7, 42%
jab 1

boosting crit is not as dimishing as we see in the chart, the effective relative dmg inversed (the chance to NOT crit as it caps which is 86%)
1/(100-crit%) although im struggling with the exact math.. (someone else with an understanding with calculus) the pnt per crit is not as "bad" as it seems

i think u get more bang for your buck/mana and stats cost with dex pumping and leaving jab lower, boosting your crit and not using IS at lvl 18

MysticFalcon182

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject:  

Hmmm...so what exactly are you saying about stat allocations? Pump dexterity and then make up the life in Max/AR/Life GCs and Life SCs?

Trapslick

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject:  

maybe a couple max damage jewels with -req in your armor would be something to shoot for as well... leaving less str needed, don't sacrafice too much out of it though. -15% req ~ 10 stats...
d2legitgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject:  

I had a shot @ a similar build a while back but I found getting eth rep javas was very hard. I was trying to imbue eth javas to achieve this but gave up after a while Sad
MysticFalcon182

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject:  

Trapslick wrote:
maybe a couple max damage jewels with -req in your armor would be something to shoot for as well... leaving less str needed, don't sacrafice too much out of it though. -15% req ~ 10 stats...

Too bad such jewels are tough as hell to find...after I finish my HLDs I think I'm definitely going to rebuild. Hopefully I can get +15 Maximum Damage -15% Requirements Jewels for decently cheap...

d2legitgod wrote:
I had a shot @ a similar build a while back but I found getting eth rep javas was very hard. I was trying to imbue eth javas to achieve this but gave up after a while Sad

Yeah, ditto. I find that the damage from very nice rare non-ethereal Throwing Spears or War Javelins can suffice though, but ideally, ethereal replenish ones would be great.

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: