LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:42 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
joke/fun character idea, need help
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Ctrl.Alt.n00b

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject:  joke/fun character idea, need help  

A long time ago I had a pally named "bartuc..something" can remember exactly. Anyway all he had equipped was nothing but blue gear with "% chance to cast charged bolt when struck" socketed with prubies and he used thorns aura. Now he wasn't much of a killer but he was hilarious to play and caused quite a pretty show.

I would like to remake some chars similar to him, maybe with some actual killing power (and if not that at least make them damn annoying to duel) but I just started playing again on uswest ladder hardcore but I would like to make this guy a non HC char.

So I'm in need of some free crap gear that a lvl29 pal can use. So if you would like to donate some then that'd be great, the items don't have to be great I just want stuff with %chance to cast charged bolt when struck and some with %chance to cast frost nova when struck. I also might need a wizendraw bow.

I haven't decided to make this guy ladder or NL, I'll just wait and see which one the most people want to donate from. Also If you'd like to help me get a non HC char rushed and lvl'd so I can maybe shop for most of this gear then that'd be awesome

My IGN is Ctrl.Alt.n00b on USwest

www.myspace.com/CtrlAltn00b
Kavlor

2.60 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject:  

Im sure I once crafted a hit power item and got 2 mods with 'cast when struck' on one item so maybe have a go at crafting.The cow set has very good mods for 'cast on being struck'.Personally I would go to lev 30 for Conviction as you'll do significantely more damage.
Thc-Matt

BNet Acct/Realm: *xzerox7 east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject:  

Kavlor wrote:
Im sure I once crafted a hit power item and got 2 mods with 'cast when struck' on one item so maybe have a go at crafting.The cow set has very good mods for 'cast on being struck'.Personally I would go to lev 30 for Conviction as you'll do significantely more damage.

Cow king ste has too low defence to use against other melee chars. Your going to be fighting mostly melee id assume so the more defence that you can get is better.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject:  

if the defense is high then he wont get hit and it sort of defeats the purpose. i say use a sorc with high shiver armor and use all ctc nova gear, and have a point in light mastery Razz

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject:  

Basically a Ghandi sorc, but you would need high defense, max block, and probably go es build. You could go for some ATD gear, or get alot of DR gear. For vs casters you would need +% res items. Arcannas set would be funny.

If you need help w/ gear on West NL, I might could help.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject:  

i dont know who it was but someone had a bear druid with hella life and all ctc nova, i think he got 100% with everything

it was awesome, everytime he would get hit it would do a nova or two and against 18 zealers it was sweet
Serbia

BNet Acct/Realm: *Serbia WL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject:  

Ive seen a necro like that, lvl18 maxed bone armor and used weaken, he has crafted gear so alot of dr and frost novas along with attacker takes dmg. He also had no block so he would get hit every time.
Ctrl.Alt.n00b

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah since I want to get hit high defense and block pretty much defeat the purpose of the build. What I need to do is maximize my hp and damage reduce. The build I was thinking of to annoy the crap out of people in duels was a lvl29 pally using holy freeze with its synergies maxed and a point into charge. For gear I was thinking of using

either a shaeled, p sapphire or eth'd Wizendraw
a hit power ring, an angelic ring and angelic ammy
hit power gloves with some ias
hit power belt
hit power boots or sanders
a +meditation scepter with replinish life or +meditation honro scepter and spirit shield on switch
as for helm/armor I'm sort of undecided...

basically I would charge around and shoot arrows dealing a constant amount of cold damage to both melee and ranged and it provides me with some killing power

The other build ideas I had were already mentioned, a sorc using cows and charged bolt gear maxing out the synergies for those %cast skills and possibly energyshield/thunderstorm/shiver armor

But if I can remember correctly whenever one of those skills procs it counts as you actually casting it and takes away mana, so that could be a problem for an es build.

Ctrl.Alt.n00b

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject:  

Imp wrote:
Basically a Ghandi sorc, but you would need high defense, max block, and probably go es build. You could go for some ATD gear, or get alot of DR gear. For vs casters you would need +% res items. Arcannas set would be funny.

If you need help w/ gear on West NL, I might could help.

Is there anywhere I could read about this "ghandi" sorc build... first time I've heard of it. From the way you describe it would Razorswitch staff be good for it?

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: