LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 14, 2024 5:39 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Effing amazing VLLD sheild (Clean)
Page 3 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
kaizasose

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:  

just make your fricken build... watch it get destroyed by some of these guys and come back when u have a lil respect for them

Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject:  

im just curious can you post ALL of the gear you plan to use on your barb?

MrXeC

BNet Acct/Realm: Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:  

Kody wrote:
im just curious can you post ALL of the gear you plan to use on your barb?

No, according to breakbeatz im just a noob.

Havent got one posotive suggestion on my own build(s) seince iv posted on lld101. Even after reading the guids on this site. Which clearly states sigons is the welfare(Cheap) LLD basher barb gear.

So apparently im a welfare noob makeing a noob basher barb. After doing the math. He would be a mini version of my level 18 LLD pally who has 1.2k Zeal/2.2k charge. 900 life. (i dont plan on haveing 900 life on this barb)

So ill go ahead and gather my information from a more friendly community.

Who to blame? My self for being drunken e-rage tart and people like breakbeatz who can't accept the fact cookie cutters are boreing.

BOREING

excuse me for trying something diffrent. All im trying to say is i struggel to get 60Str on a lvl 18 and you expect me to get it on a level 9 with high vita? Im not even gona test this build. ill stick to hasuras/deaths thanks.[/b]

Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:  

lol what was the point of quoting me if you didnt have any sort of related response to it and you need to learn how to take constructive criticism and sigons isnt the cheap way out its the BEST way out thats why everyone uses it lol. its not hard to get 60 str either. 5str ammy 2x 2str rings so thiers 39 so add 21 points and then get all your life from 15 life lc's

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject:  

MrXeC wrote:
Starter sheild? Lmao.

You people have made me quit LLD101.com accept for the soul purpose of tradeing.

Gj guys

For the reasons that Break outlined, this shield isn't all that great. I'll list them again for your convenience:
1. Lowest possible DTM (max of 12).
2. It takes 41 dexterity for a barb to get max block with your Kite Shield. It takes 36 dexterity for a barb to get max block with a Bone Shield of Deflection. That's 20 life.
3. You mentioned that there's more defense on your shield than a VBSoD. That's incorrect. A VBSoD can range from 10 to 30 defense.

The only thing it has going for it is the 10 FHR, which allows you to recover faster by one frame or use one less FHR GC which is a gain of 10 life (after factoring in the loss of 20 life by not using a Bone Shield) but a loss of 18 pre-skill boosted AR (assuming max AR and life per charm)

While it might not be a starter shield, it's not all that much better than a 12 DTM VBSoD. Now, if you were to somehow move the mods on your shield to a Bone Shield, then you would have a pretty good shield.

Since it's a side note of this thread I won't address it fully but Break is correct about the whole Sigon's vs. Hsarus' argument. Defense wins out for a barb.

[Important Links]
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:  

the man made up his mind ages ago, probably shouldve just helped him out with using that shield (just like when i said im gonna use twitch on my lvl 18 conc barb, which im still gonna do Razz)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
(just like when i said im gonna use twitch on my lvl 18 conc barb, which im still gonna do )

Noob.

Just kidding Waramp - the best characters are the ones that go against the grain. Let us know what you ultimately decide on and how it works out for you.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:  

once i get my hands on a +3 conc 3 soc helm i'll let ya know

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Hellskin

BNet Acct/Realm: Rotterdam Holland
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject:  

This is IMO a very sexy shield but its hard to make a build for it.

Quote:
also that shield would be perfect for a kicker/jabber

that actualy is incorrect, I have done the math and came to the conclusion that it isnt very usefull @ a jabber (a 3 socked large shield would be much cheaper and more usefull).

The fact that it isnt a perfect shield on any of the mentioned builds it is still a very sexy item to use and if you are just playing diabloII for fun Style and originality > competition values

Quote:
the best characters are the ones that go against the grain.

this is the best thing said in the 3 pages "constructive criticism"

I like that quote

Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:  

MrXeC wrote:
So ill go ahead and gather my information from a more friendly community.

Awww, don't run off just yet!!

When I first disovered this site in January-ish of '05, I trolled for a couple of months before I finally joined in March. I was still hesitant to post because of how new people were treated and how "common" questions were answered. It took a while before I ever felt comfortable posting because everything I read pretty much indicated that LLD101 was full of pompous, elitist, arrogant asses.

Now It's October 2006 and I've learned it was all true!!! Unfortuantely, now I'm one of them. Embarassed

lolz

breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:  

I'm not being arrogant. I'm trying to help him build the best vlld basher he can.

I have a lot of vlld experience and I have a vlld basher. I use the same crappy build that you want to use because it was my first vlld, and I heard that deaths and 3/10/15 boots were the best. That's what everyone used back when I made my barb. However, I can tell you from personal experience that Sigons is much much better.

Bashers are a weak build overall so I'll probably never remake mine to use Sigons. I'm tryint to stop you from making the same crappy barb that I did.

Besides the extra defense, AR, and ED, Sigons also lets you use 2 jewels that dont have -req in your armor. These jewels will be superior to -req jewels.
Drum_Crazy

BNet Acct/Realm: *Drum_Crazy101 @ East SCNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
I'm not being arrogant. I'm trying to help him build the best vlld basher he can.

I've found out that sometimes no matter how much you want to help, and have people avoid the mistakes you made in the past, that people dont understand some things until they figure it out for themselves. Breakbeatz2 I know how frustrating it is when you try to help someone and they dont want to listen, even if you KNOW from experience that what they are going to doing is the most affective way of doing it. Then they get mad at you becuase you are frustrated and may come off sounding a bit upset with them, but by that time its not worth argueing with them. Just give them the best way to do it using whatevery it is that they want, and let them find out on their own.

Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:  

I agree with drumcrazy on this one

If that were a bone/spiked/tower shield it would be incredibly sexy (tower esp for a basher) but as a kite i dont see it being that great Sad

use a flail or a flamberge if you make the basher, you'll want to have a reason for all that dex Wink

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject:  

pffft cookie cutter bash barb. Make a sacrifice necro xD (rares are almost always more sexy than other items, but its more for style than anything else.) GL else-where
Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject:  

Shademehr wrote:
full of pompous, elitist, arrogant asses.
breakbeatz2 wrote:
I'm not being arrogant.

Are you making a funny at my funny? Wink lol!

Breakbeatz wrote:
I'm trying to help him build the best vlld basher he can.

I think it's safe to assume, MrXeC, that vlld advice that comes from a guy with a "3 Time USEast VLLD Melee AREANA Champ" tag is probably good advice. Wink

Page 3 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: