LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 14, 2024 4:46 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
opinions on my new helm
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject:  opinions on my new helm  

i forgot to get a screenie of it and i'm working from memory but i believe that this is accurate:

2offensive
20fcr
30frw
53mana
and one other minor mod maybe like 1 str or dex nothing memorable

this would be for my hammerdin it would allow me to use frosties over mages. when i swap pcrown for this and mages out for frosties i lose 60 life but gain 200 mana. i also lost ~60 damage on my hammers. anyway one question i have is if this had been 2pcomb what would have my damage been like? the only way i really see this as being hugely different is if i were using vigor at the time of my hammer spamming. the hammers then would be much weaker over the pcrown vigor-spammed hammers, but i dont find myself doing that very often.

my plan was to use pcrown/mages during most (pub) duels then switch to circlet/frosties vs good llders. what do you guys think. this was the last thing i needed really to make another hammerdin that was lld101 legit (no more partizan insight charging on switch) with whom i was going to try to get more life/mana/damage. i'll be sure to post a screenie of the helm when i get home, but for now what's everyone's opinion on this? in any event many thanks to junkiemia for the gift of this circlet.

HerrOber

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject:  

Its alright, nothing godly imo though. I dont see why a hammerdin need frw on their circlets since charge speed is only affected by skill frw such as vigor. Life and mana is not the best but dmg looks like most standard hdins. 250+ more life and mana and you?re a force to be recon with Wink

If you really want vigor but dont want to stat it to loose some points for more dmg you can always use eth terrahauch ( or how is it spelled? ) wich requires 60str and has +vigor on them.
crawlingdeadman

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject:  

nah, i'm okay with vigor after this thread
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28667
i remade my guy with it and i'm convinced now that it's the right way to go. frw is always good imo. when i'm not charging it gets me around faster...der, i dont really know any better way to put it, lol... this just in; frw makes you run faster...AND WALK TOO. my main sticking point is the fcr and the two offensive; how much difference would it have been if it'd been two combat and how much of a deal it is to lose 60 life and some replen for 200 mana.

Edit: btw the stats pictured in my sig have changed i'll fix that tonight but after getting vigor i lost alittle damage...like 200, but my charge damage is higher now since i pumped vigor over BA.

Edit#2: i'd have probably ~250 more life if i wasnt using insight partizan on switch... wich is the reason for making a new h-din.

lld_newb

BNet Acct/Realm: Deserves a spam section.
70.13 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject:  

i would use mages for fcr so u can spam ya hammers and make a field, wouldnt worry about that stuff, mages regen your mana anyway

crawlingdeadman

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject:  

Arreat Sumit wrote:
Mana Regeneration Formula
The following formula is used to calculate how much Mana a character can regenerate per second:

25 * [[256 * max_mana / (25 * 120)] * (100 + %Mana Regeneration) / 100] / 256

Totals within the [ ] brackets are rounded down.

For example, with 900 Mana and level 20 Warmth (+258% Mana Regeneration), we regenerate 26.5625 Mana/second.

25 * [[(256 * 900) / (25 * 120)] * (100 + 258) / 100] / 256
25 * [[230400 / 3000] * (358 / 100)] / 256

25 * [76 * 3.58] / 256

25 * [272] / 256 = 26.5625 Mana/second

i did some quick math based on this formula inputing 500 mana with 25% regen (mages/pcrown) and 700 mana with no regen% (circlet/frosties)

pcrown/mages = 5.21 mana per second
circlet/frosties = 5.83 mana per second

the regen on the mages is moot point. having 700 initial mana>500+25% regen.

Edit: just so everyone's clear i meet the 125% fcr bp with both set ups.

lld_newb

BNet Acct/Realm: Deserves a spam section.
70.13 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject:  

Well I see now, you only lose 60 damage, but get a huge bonus in mana, and congrats on doing that math, I failed algebra 1, so they put me in geometry LAWL.

crawlingdeadman

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject:  

well i always knew i wanted frosties if at all possible b/c i had the suspicion that the more mana would make up for the lack of regen, but until you questioned me i hadnt done the math...speaking of which i took calc in highschool (advanced math) then proceded to drop out of college so my math skills have seriously gone down hill.... in other words if someone wants to check me do so.
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: