LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:01 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Important Computer Info and News
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
NightWish

BNet Acct/Realm: Not telling
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject:  Important Computer Info and News  

Read:

There is no advantage in buying a Dual-Core or HT procesor, do to the slow bus speeds between the two cores of a dual core, and that HT uses more power, depleting life of the CPU and raising the temp. also, most dual cores are not up to the prossesing power of a good P4 or Athalon

Also, to you computer newbies: DO NOT BUT ANY THING THAT SAYS "EMACHINE" ON IT! THEY FUCKING SUCK!

Also: WD Raptor drive now has competition, the Seagate Cheeta 15k RPM Drive, Maxtor Atlas 10k, the cheapest is Raptor, with the Cheeta 7-8x price, and Atlas at 6-7x price. (several other companys now have 10k rpm and up HDs) In bench mark tests Raptor scored average, full benchmark and review can be found here: http://techreport.com/reviews/2003q2/10k-comparo/index.x?pg=1

Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:  

Actually my Dual-Core HDTV CDROM bus driver has a 56x megahz digital power steering module with dual 34k bit turbocharged rpm and gets about 30 mi/gal

I find it interesting that 56% of your 158 posts on this forum have been made in the last 7 days

NightWish

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject:  

Hellfireclanx wrote:
Actually my Dual-Core HDTV CDROM bus driver has a 56x megahz digital power steering module with dual 34k bit turbocharged rpm and gets about 30 mi/gal

I find it interesting that 56% of your 158 posts on this forum have been made in the last 7 days

so sue me, i post alot.

and wha does a CD-ROM have to do with what I said?

(56x megahz??, wtf?)

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Important Computer Info and News  

Nightwish wrote:
There is no advantage in buying a Dual-Core or HT procesor, do to the slow bus speeds between the two cores of a dual core, and that HT uses more power, depleting life of the CPU and raising the temp. also, most dual cores are not up to the prossesing power of a good P4 or Athalon

Where are you getting your information from? I'm more concerned about the Dual-Core processor than I am about the HT since I was looking to purchase a Dual-Core powered laptop this summer.

[Important Links]
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject:  

I've seen the difference of a dual-core to a non, and a dual core is worth it.
NightWish

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Important Computer Info and News  

B[x] wrote:
Nightwish wrote:

Where are you getting your information from? I'm more concerned about the Dual-Core processor than I am about the HT since I was looking to purchase a Dual-Core powered laptop this summer.

I read reviews and i talked to my dad's friend who is a computer expert and tests products from IBM, Intel, Microsoft, and a few others.

he benchmarked a Amd Athalon 2ghz vs a dual core , and the Athalon single-core out-performed it. I also tried my AMD 500mhz vs a dual-core, duals are not worth it yet.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Important Computer Info and News  

Nightwish wrote:
I read reviews and i talked to my dad's friend who is a computer expert and tests products from IBM, Intel, Microsoft, and a few others.

he benchmarked a Amd Athalon 2ghz vs a dual core , and the Athalon single-core out-performed it. I also tried my AMD 500mhz vs a dual-core, duals are not worth it yet.

No offense but you're not a credible source. That's not a judgment of your character, I just have nothing to base a judgment on so therefore, I can't take your word. However, if you could link us to said reviews...

[Important Links]
NightWish

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:  

if i can find them agian I will.

h/o like 5 hours (i found them while looking for reviews on my AMD 500 Smile )

also, if u have the time/money, just run a benchmark and a couple of high-end games.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject:  

Nightwish wrote:
also, if u have the time/money, just run a benchmark and a couple of high-end games.

No time/money to waste here. Also, with what system do you want me to run these games that I don't own?

[Important Links]
NightWish

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:  

B[x] wrote:
Nightwish wrote:

No time/money to waste here. Also, with what system do you want me to run these games that I don't own?

sigh...ill just find the info agian.

Delybrio

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Nonladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:  

I trust Tom a heck of a lot more than "Your Daddy's friend".

Tom knows everything.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: