LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:42 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Is 'Nadir' BM?
Page 3 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Tric
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: xxx_tric_xxx
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:  

i can see where people using lifetap or weaken charges from a dagger is BM because it isnt apart of their normal gear, but if you keep nadir on then there is no reason for it to be BM. using oak sage from hoto or whisp projector isnt BM. not good
lld_newb

BNet Acct/Realm: Deserves a spam section.
70.13 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:  

its not bm, if a person used cloak of shadows normaly, burst of speed and a bow, it wouldnt be considered bm, i think u hsould keep using it Evil or Very Mad

Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject:  

zeal charges are bm, so is insight

Dudly

BNet Acct/Realm: Dudly
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:  

Like i said, i only used it pubbys and the key word there is used i got board of my zon at lvl 28 and moved on to bigger things. Anyway i clearly stated that it was only pubbys so whats "should be on thin ice" deal?
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:  

They were only joking. Because this is kind of a pointless topic, you can make up your own mind if it is bm or not.
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject:  

Meant to be used, in this case using Doom's holy freeze is also BM.

And as a matter of fact if the CoS is BM then I suppose using a +5 Energy Shield Orb is BM.

By your regulations of "BM," we might as well duel naked with only fists and no charms or mana potions.

I suppose BOing is BM also?

I think Battle.net tries to balance the game, although somethings aren't balanced I believe that all weapons have a purpose and are legal. Just like when I throw on a shako just for the +2 Skills to add to my BO, before "ubering," then I throw back on my regular helm. I don't hear the "ubers" complaining. Stop this non-sense BM :P

Plus, if Nadir was that great, everyone would use it.

EMP

BNet Acct/Realm: sequences (Ladder-USEast)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:  

if the skill is not used, its not bm. also, if you were to use it and the opponent asks you to not use it and you comply, its not bm because i view bm as purposefully being bad mannered, and not accidentally. if you know what i mean...

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject:  

tric-isHUGE wrote:
i can see where people using lifetap or weaken charges from a dagger is BM because it isnt apart of their normal gear, but if you keep nadir on then there is no reason for it to be BM. using oak sage from hoto or whisp projector isnt BM. not good

Lifetap is banned...weaken is not. At least as it pertains to lld101 rules. Players here also use ctc amp weps which is legal and allowed. Although COS might be considered bm it is not illegal by lld101 rules that I know of.

Nadir COS = -48% enemy defense for 8 seconds.
Weaken lowers dmg -33%
Amp increases dmg +100%
Of the 3 listed ... amp and weaken seem way more overpowered than lowering defense. NOt sure if weaken takes % away before or after pvp penalty...but, that might effectively reduce someone's dmg to zero! And amp dmg if it happens after pvp penalty my zealot would be doing close to 800 dmg per hit! (not sure when they are calculated...i'm assuming pre-pvp penalty).

Lowering defense only decreases cth by:
lvl 18 dueler wth 2.1k ar vs 18 dueler with lowered defense (125 - normally around 250).

94% cth vs. 89% cth So COS only decreases cth by 5%.

The only BM thing about that silly skill is the darkness...hurts my already failing eyes!! Twisted Evil

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
food-ranger

BNet Acct/Realm: The.Dragon@useast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject:  

Weaken is horrible pvp it takes away 33%ED it doesnt reduced your total dmg, amp may give double dmg BUT there is only a 5%chance to cast it, and it isnt a charge.

and on the case of its not making a diffrence vs a level 18, what about a defensive based char?

its not bm if you COS as a skill but useing charges of any sort is, if the helm said 1 to COS then it would not be bm becuase you would then be granted the SKILL (not the skill's charges) from the item

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject:  

food-ranger wrote:
Weaken is horrible pvp it takes away 33%ED it doesnt reduced your total dmg, amp may give double dmg BUT there is only a 5%chance to cast it, and it isnt a charge.

and on the case of its not making a diffrence vs a level 18, what about a defensive based char?

its not bm if you COS as a skill but useing charges of any sort is, if the helm said 1 to COS then it would not be bm becuase you would then be granted the SKILL (not the skill's charges) from the item

So, necros that use decrep on their wands??? (not sure if they use charges or skills...but)

So, u are saying any charges of ANYTHING are bm??? just wondering cuz aren't there ppl out there taht use zeal and conc (barb) charges during duels???

IMO if it is not illegal (lld101 rulez) = not bm! So, I'll have to re-read the rules on that since I've never used charges I have no idea what the ruling is.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 3 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: