LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:27 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Starting a new lld...but what class?
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
PhenomaJohn

BNet Acct/Realm: Cold Lake
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject:  Starting a new lld...but what class?  

I want to make a character that uses Cleg set (bm obviously, but meh) but I'm not sure of what type of character I want to use.

18 Conc barb, 22ish Tiger sin, 30 kicker all came to mind right away. Of course, zealot is an obvious choice, but I kinda want to do something new. So if you were forced to make a dueler using cleglaws set, what class would you prefer?

I want to take advantage of crushing blow on the full set, so speedy attacks would be advantageous, right? Plus, the sword has deadly strike and scaling max dmg. Deadly and max dmg don't work with kicks, so I thought maybe the kicker wouldn't be as good as the tiger. Of course, I could go tiger with a single point kick finisher, but the AR wouldn't be great.

Conc barb could work too...maybe not as fast or hit as hard as the assn, but he'd have better defense and access to battle cry...

I'm not really factoring in the slow target because that's not why I want the full set, but is it likely that I will really miss the 30 ias from deaths? I'll probably still wear the death belt. Honestly, I think I will probably stick around the 20-25 range with this character.

Advice appreciated! (also, not ruling out weird builds like necro or zon melee etc, I like weird stuff too.)

Darth_Mauls lvl 22
StopHittinUrSlf lvl 25 (west sc ladder)
kelt

BNet Acct/Realm: useast ladder *retardkelt
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject:  

well since u said u dont care about weird builds what about this
have on switch wand with +lifetap for necro and +amp, or just drop a point in em
rest of points=bone armor (1) then synergies

and just wondering, i know there was a bug with psn dagger where if u have it selected but not equipping a dagger it gives u the ar bonus still even tho u cant see it cause it doesnt say u can actualyl use the skill but u will still attack so maybe drop apoint in that too

Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject:  

a big problem with cleglaws set is the lack of block...the shield's block rate is horrible and would require too many points in dex so u would miss out on a lot of health

the necro idea sounds good, u could possibly rely on bone armor to help with your bad block rate. and the psn dagger bug will help with AR (providing blizz didnt patch it)

PhenomaJohn

BNet Acct/Realm: Cold Lake
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject:  

I totally changed my mind. I'm going with the 18ish tiger sin.

I have a 2 socket 30 cold res 48 life studded leather armor (lvl 22) that I could potentially get more damage out of than 15 max twitch, but I'd have to sacrifice all the nice twitch mods and the max jewels that I own aren't really better than what I already have with the twitch, so I guess that armor gets to stay on the shelf for now.

It looks like I'm going with Sander boots, angelics, and so far, a 2 socket mask with 2 perfect rubies and psn length reduce by 25%, and death sash. I'm wondering now how high I should go with my burst of speed using clegs sword without death gloves.

Darth_Mauls lvl 22
StopHittinUrSlf lvl 25 (west sc ladder)
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: