LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:37 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
kicker ideas
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject:  kicker ideas  

Im thinking about building a lvl 30 kicker for BM public pk. she will be hell rushed. i still have a couple gear and build questions.

Im planning on a cb/ow route

Gear:
Boots ~ Up'd Goblin Toes
Armor ~ Artisans LP of Stability (24% FHR/3 sockets)
Belt ~ String of Ears (15%/14mdr)
Rings ~ Angelic
Ammy ~ Angelic
Gloves ~ up'd Bloodfists or crafted bloods with ias for more CB
Weapon ~ 'Strength' Blade Talons (25% CB/Str/Vit)
Weapon Switch ~ General's Flail (Slow)
Shield ~ Up'd Swordback (open wounds)
Helm ~ up'd Face of Horror Mask (Str/resists)

ive read that +max/min/ed% does not affect kick but +str does so i would socket my helm/armor with P Amythests. thinking about shael'ing the shield for faster block rate. for fhr im going for the 86% BP (24 from armor, 30 from gloves, 2x fhr/AR GCs, 2x FHR/AR scs). rest of charms would be 15 life scs

stats:
Str ~ enough for gear heaviest item is 95 str (boots)
Dex ~ 97 (enough for max block)
Vit ~ Rest of stats

Skills:
20 Dragon Talon
1 Dragon Flight
1 Mind Blast

i have a couple questions with skills:
1) does claw mastery help if im using a claw class weapon for either the AR of dmg when kicking?
2) im confused looking at the ias tables for dtalon. im not sure what bp to go for, so i dont know how much to pump BoS.
3) im thinking about pumping str (with gear) till about 150 for more dmg. with +str gear i would get +80 str so i would only need to pump to 70. or should i only leave str at base and use my +str gear to cover me so i can wear my heavier items and go for full vit?

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject:  

If you are going to "public pk", then open wounds should not be required; you will be able to kill before open wounds does 10 damage. That would allow you to use a whistans (64 dex for max block, +~100 life)

ED% DOES affect kick damage. (tiger strike for an example)

1) claw mastery does not improve kick ar

2) with blade talons, 1 in bos, a +3 prebuff, and 10ias is enough for 7/3 kicks

3) if its "public pk" like you said earlier, tiger strike is better to increase your damage.

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:

3) if its "public pk" like you said earlier, tiger strike is better to increase your damage.

Bad idea, they'll exit before you get to charge up. And get some FRW to catch up, concentrate less on fhr since you'll be doing the hitting and they'll be running.

I'm thinking you should be hitting the IK set.

Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject:  

ThatGuy wrote:
krajee wrote:

Bad idea, they'll exit before you get to charge up. And get some FRW to catch up, concentrate less on fhr since you'll be doing the hitting and they'll be running.

I'm thinking you should be hitting the IK set.

i really only wanted to go lvl 30, but ik set is appealing...nice stats/mods. however i loose crushin blow...is this needed?

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject:  

ThatGuy wrote:
krajee wrote:

Bad idea, they'll exit before you get to charge up.

I speak from experience. People usually run when they are at 50% life or under....tiger strike does low damage, so they won't immediately run.

Last edited by krajee on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:
krajee wrote:

Bad idea, they'll exit before you get to charge up.

I speak from experience. People usually run when they are at 50% life or under.

I speak from common sense, but experience usually previals. Just remember to get your AR up and make sure they get hit!

DarkMousy

BNet Acct/Realm: Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject:  

Just a bit of advice:

rhyme instead of swordback - ow is almost useless at your lvl, and your setup needs cbf badly. Also, rhyme helps alot with res =P.

Socket everything with ed jewels, and consider using a rare ar/stat/res ring instead of an angelic if you have, since your res will be suffering (even with rhyme). To help res and for a nice str/vit boost, I'd use ik gloves/boots over SOE and bfists anyday. The dual iks also give you res and 25% ias.
A 2os cutlass provides you with a -30 wsm base as opposed to blade talon's -20, which without any bos requires 46 ias for 7 frame talon. Using a twitch and ik gives you 45 ias already, if you can figure out a way to get 46 that would IMO be worth it, as you could get nice res and some dr from a buffed fade.

Other than that looks good =P.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject:  

the only drawback of the cutlass is range 1, claws are 2.
the benefit is only 46ias and its -30wsm = 7/3

the fade build could be quicker achieved with a 20%ias cutlass dual ik gear (could be a nice rare cutlasss + amp or anything else) . . but u loose out on some crushing and any hopes of 5kicks

heres something i might try

twitch (sheal)
"strength" cutlass
ik gloves + belt
rhmye shield (ith)
angelics
P crown (sheal)
upped Gtoes or rare war boots.

great prebuffing fade + venom will help alot, and the resisatnce from fade will help you get plenty of resistance

u can drop some sheals for jewels/pruby if u feel

the ed% jewels will help if u can get a bunch of sweet combo stats +20% ones. other wise the sheals are the most effective way to grab some more FHR for a next break

however when dueling casters + fade i recomend you go talon/talon (c/c really helps imo) ull loose the crushing bc ull have to get 20ias on your main talon to hit the 68% break

Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject:  

i never did get around to building this on closed. fooled around with it on open back when i had the idea.

but recently ive decided to make this character. slightly different gear layout. ill be taking her to lvl 31 to make use of IK

Gear:
Ik Gloves
Ik Boots
Ik Belt
Twitch (ias Jewel*)
Rhyme Grim or Pavise (ill have the str for the pavise w/ ik gear so thats not a problem. it has slightly higher block rate)
Peasant Crown (ias Jewel*)
angelic ammy+rings (or if i need the res ill find a +stat/ar/resist rare ring
im still thinking strength RW in blade talons.
for switch 2x +2 shadow disc claws for prebuff.

**the ias jewels have a req of lvl 31. how would this affect the lvl req of twitch if i were to up twitch? would it remain the lvl 31 or would it be higher? if it stays at lvl 31 ill up it for the def. using these jewels i am able to use fade to compensate for my low resists. with -20 wsm i need 68 ias to hit 7 frame kick and 16 ias for 3 frame followup (providing im readin this right). with ik, twitch, and the 2x ias jewels ill have 75 ias. and fade will add a nice dr% to help with the lack of string

Skills: ill have 42 points to use
dtalon = 20
tstrike = 1
dflight = 1
smaster = 1
mblast = 4
fade = 3 (with crown and +4 shadow on switch will give 50 res all)
venom = 2
w of fire = 1

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject:  

The_Sad_One wrote:
ill be taking her to lvl 31 to make use of IK

Moved to general discussion.
The_Sad_One wrote:
**the ias jewels have a req of lvl 31. how would this affect the lvl req of twitch if i were to up twitch? would it remain the lvl 31 or would it be higher?

krajee wrote:
An easier way to think of it is that after you "upgrade" with the cube recipe, the game adds an invisible affix of "lvl req + xx(5 or 7 or 12)".

31 + 5 = ?

The_Sad_One wrote:
with -20 wsm i need 68 ias to hit 7 frame kick and 16 ias for 3 frame followup (providing im readin this right).

That is correct.

I would advise getting slvl24 dtalon or keeping it at 18 (and getting more fade).

DeadlyLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: ShadowReborn
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject:  

If you go to lvl 31, I have a few more suggestions.

First of all, since you can now use ias jewels, I would put the strength runeword in a flail (for a range of 3).
I say use a non upgraded twitch with a 15% ias jewel (and 20% ed or strength if you can get it)
Rhyme grim shield is always nice
IK gloves and boots
String of ears
angelic amulet and rings (or if you have a nice +str and dex ring you can use that for some more dmg)
that lvl 31 req exceptional unique helm (rockstopper?) with another ias jewel (with ed or str or dex)
for switch, try to get claws that add as much to fade as possible (2 shadow claws are fine, but 2 shadow 3 fade claws could be sexi if you can find them)

I think that is about it. And with a hell rush, make sure you have as many points as you can get in fade and dragon talon. And I would put all of my points into strength (cept enough dex for max block) With life charms you should still hit about 1k life. I think that the 25% cb is plenty for killing stuff since you should be able to get about 700 or 800 dmg kicks. And you would have almost somewhere between 40% and 50% dmg reduced (depending on prebuff stuff)

Edit: I wouldn't even put a point into venom. It does almost nothing at that lvl (unless you can find 2 shadow 3 fade 3 venom claws). And, if you have to, sacrifice some dragon talon to max fade (make sure you still get 4 kicks). It could be nice to have one point in weapon block to duel casters with your switch (those +4 shadow skills plus maybe an soj and a 2 shadow helm vs casters has a decent % block vs hammerdins and necros etc). And I think you will want to try to have one point in dragon flight.

I would get these skills:

20 dragon talon
1 dragon claw
1 dragon tail
1 dragon flight
1 claw mastery
1 bos
1 weapon block
14 fade

1 fire blast
1 wake of fire (I think this can be used vs zons to get them in dodge lock? If not I would throw these 2 points into weapon block to make it a nice 50% with an soj, 2 shadow helm, and your dual 2 shadow claws)
hero-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject:  

y not rattle cage for more cb? it also gives 45 ar Very Happy and nice def
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject:  

If it doesnt affect speed too much, try and get a hand scythe with +mb and WoF and use that for the strength r/w. You save a load of points and it will allow you to easily kill most bowzons.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject:  

ubermoose wrote:
If it doesnt affect speed too much, try and get a hand scythe with +mb and WoF and use that for the strength r/w. You save a load of points and it will allow you to easily kill most bowzons.

Without ias on the claw, a lld kicker won't be able to get 7 frame kicks with a hand scythe while using fade.

Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject:  

DeadlyLLD wrote:
If you go to lvl 31, I have a few more suggestions.

First of all, since you can now use ias jewels, I would put the strength runeword in a flail (for a range of 3).
I say use a non upgraded twitch with a 15% ias jewel (and 20% ed or strength if you can get it)
Rhyme grim shield is always nice
IK gloves and boots
String of ears
angelic amulet and rings (or if you have a nice +str and dex ring you can use that for some more dmg)
that lvl 31 req exceptional unique helm (rockstopper?) with another ias jewel (with ed or str or dex)
for switch, try to get claws that add as much to fade as possible (2 shadow claws are fine, but 2 shadow 3 fade claws could be sexi if you can find them)

with my gear, i will not be able to hit 7 frame kick with a flail tho. i would need 20 more ias (for a total of 95) to hit 7 frame with the flail.
the rockstopper sounds like it could be useful. nice resists and DR% not to mention some FHR. i am sticking with the ik pieces for now, i can always rebuild if i feel she would perform better w/ more dr%. i will stick with venom. i do have some nice prebuff claws that will help.

hero-lld wrote:
y not rattle cage for more cb? it also gives 45 ar Very Happy and nice def

with rattlecage, i would gain some cb but wouldnt be able to hit 7 frame kicks and would loose some nice stats, fhr, and chance to block.

Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: