LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 9:18 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Tried out CS/LB zon
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Pansy

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject:  Tried out CS/LB zon  

I gave this build a whirl yesterday and today. In pubs this seems to work ok, but when I dueled some LLD people I wasn't doing squat for damage. Seems like MDR > CS more than resists. Mad

In addition, I'd like to say that LB does absolutely nothing for damage. Failure. ><

Oh well, I'll remake my old nec and see how he does with some newer gear I've picked up over time.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject:  

Ya mdr works a lot on CB, My friends CB zon, I tried taking off string/vipermagi and tanking some hits... took 1050life with 75 resist down to like 100 life.. in like 3 hits... with string and viper on, I could take like 15-20 hits before noticing danger
Pansy

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, I tested that with one of my old LLD friends yesterday...noticed the same thing on his bear. He had 1.2k life and was able to take about 20-25 CS hits before being in danger of de-shifting just with vipermagi on. With string it'd probably double, if not more.

CS/LB works much better in higher levels once you can get it to 7k+ damage, just not in LLD where it barely breaks 1k with good gear.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject:  

the biggest problem i saw was only 1/2 the bolts hit if u were lucky.
did u have this problem?

i was trying out high levels when [L] started and it was so effective bc all the bolts would hit. then i made low level on [NL] to try it out and knarl kicked its butt

Pansy

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, the spread is a little wonky at level 30. I had 7 bolts max on my zon and between 2-4 of the bolts would miss entirely unless the opponent happened to be running backward into them. The high level CS zons I think have about the same number of bolts miss, but since they're also releasing almost double the bolts, there's a lot more hitting the opponent at a higher amount of damage, so this isn't a problem.

The best hits I would get on people would be if they were straight to the left or right, preferably running away from me. I think I had almost all of them hit a sorc in a public game.

There's a slight chance CS could work in LLD with extremely good gear, but I don't think many people will get this to work well enough to be viable in a handful of matchups.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject:  

That's odd that you had 1k dmg with 7 bolts and your friend took 25 hits with 1200 lfie cause my necro had vipermagi alone on, just like the ebar, with 1050 life, and 75 resist, and this amazon has the same dmg and bolts, and it could get me to probably 1-50 life in like 15 hits maybe it was more and i just wasnt paying attention, or maybe you were hitting mini dmg on hmi a lot o.O
Pansy

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, CS damage is pretty random. Maybe I happened to roll a lot of low numbers that round, since it is mathematically possible.
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject:  

I dunno, CS seems to work pretty well for now, even when I have only 517 life w/o charms, like the only people who really kill my zon are necros most of the time and hammerdins some of the time, but maybe I'm getting confused b/t when I leveled her to 35. Also, I probably dont' duel many good chars because I'm on USEast Ladder, so a lot of NL people would probably kick my butt.

also, the cs random is very bad, like all of D2's randomness. Once you get one bad hit in, I find you're bound to get several more in a row, but once you get a good hit in, you usually tear the other person apart for the next few attacks. It's like when you suck at MFing for an hour, and then suddenly you get a bunch of rares and uniques all at once. Usually, what I find helps is if you run off for a second before you cross weapons again, and the damage is re-random'ed or something, but I may just be delusional. o_O
Sorcerdon
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Non-ladder East softcore
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject:  

hmm.....wats the problem with your build? was she too weak or wat? not enough dmg?
620 life
100 mana
2k def

Good Duelers I met:

FS_Boner - necro
Clitox - assn
BBQBQ - Sorc
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: