LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Playing GuildWars
Page 1 of 5 [69 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject:  Playing GuildWars  

GuildWars is out. I got mine yesterday and have played about 5 hours so far and leveled to level 8. I started a Guild called Diablo Legion for future use. If anyone has the game I have Lady Kira Sin, Kira Sin, Doom Catalyst and Holi Moli. The names are all reserved but right now I am playing Lady KiraSin. The problem with the awful lag seems to be resolved because I have not lagged at all. Either that or there just are not that many people with the game so far. xxkarnagexx has the game too. So if anyone else has it or is getting it please post here so we know what your character names are and we might be able to quest. Umm and I may be a little absent from here for a while. I will check in to keep up with my duties.
Don Vito

BNet Acct/Realm: [nl-e]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject:  

this game looks nice...

is it a good alternative for the diablo addiction? Twisted Evil
Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject:  

I wasn't planning on getting it, but my friend wants me to get it because he's starting to get addicted apparently. My OTHER friend wants me to play Spinter Cell though, so I dunno what I'm going to do. The last thing I need right now is to get addicted to another game.

Delybrio

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Nonladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject:  

Initially, I wasnt so sure of how this game was going to be.

I've spent a lot of time recently pouring over the game info and screenies, and it looks absolutely beautiful.

The only thing I'm worried about is how well the team will be able to take care of the servers, without the monthly fee.

I'll probably wait for a couple of my friends to buy it, then I'll see if its worth going after.

diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject:  

Hmm Im Gonna check this out as soon as i get enough money to pour out into it Didnt even know it came out yet Sad

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject:  

my initial reaction was not positive. 20 mins playing and i wasnt too into it... unlike wow and diablo..

ill give it another hour sunday see if it grows on me

Pikkon85

BNet Acct/Realm: Missouri
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject:  

Im going to buy it next paycheck. Friend alrdy has it and likes it he will soon creat a guild for us. Im excited im getting a little bored wiht diablo now days. So maybe time away will be the best thing but who knows. I just hope my comp can handle guild wars. Confused
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject:  

Well about 12 hours playing time and I am a level 9 1/2. I have played mostly solo with the exception of doing a couple quest with karnage. I am starting to get to the point where my hired henchman are not adequate for the job. I guess I am going to have to start partying up. The game almost forces you to play in teams. In fact, there is one quest early in the game that is impossible if you don't have a partner. I am sure if I had played the Beta more I would be further but I didn't so it is a lot of trial an error The graphics are great and so far the glitches have been minimal. Certainly no worse than Diablos little eccentricities. There a freakin monsters everywhere but none are that tough so far. I have only died a few times and that was always when I walked into a swarm and got overwhelmed.

Well my eyes won't focus anymore so I guess it is time for some sleep!
Koshi

BNet Acct/Realm: US East scnl, New Zealand
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject:  

Rampage wrote:
Well about 12 hours playing time and I am a level 9 1/2. I have played mostly solo with the exception of doing a couple quest with karnage. I am starting to get to the point where my hired henchman are not adequate for the job. I guess I am going to have to start partying up. The game almost forces you to play in teams. In fact, there is one quest early in the game that is impossible if you don't have a partner. I am sure if I had played the Beta more I would be further but I didn't so it is a lot of trial an error The graphics are great and so far the glitches have been minimal. Certainly no worse than Diablos little eccentricities. There a freakin monsters everywhere but none are that tough so far. I have only died a few times and that was always when I walked into a swarm and got overwhelmed.

Well my eyes won't focus anymore so I guess it is time for some sleep!

So how are the items compared to D2? Are there uniqes/sets? Class-spec?

LoSt_BaNaNa

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject:  

can anyone post a thing with pics/info about the game ive heard of but never really looked at . ty.
stay smart be dumb.
Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject:  

y dont u just go to google and type in "guild wars". chances are, the first hit is the official site of the game
You're a stupid thread.

Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject:  

The items are somewhat of a dissapointment. I am early in the game and most of the weapons are about as exciting as a cracked sash. There are blue unidentified weapons but they are not very interesting either. I have found no armor. You can upgrade your existing armor or have new made at the merchants that are int he towns. You can customize your character's looks extensively by using Dye to change colors. You can customize your characters skills by equiping different spells for different situations. (But you are limited to 8 at any one time which is very restrictive when compared to WoW where you can have all your skills at your finger tips). If you find skills that work well together I guess it is not so bad. Your character is locked into a primarey "profession" and a secondary profession. The professions to choose from are:

Elementalist
Mesmer
Monk
Necromancer
Ranger
Warrior

I am currently playing a Ranger/Elementalist. She uses a bow and a skill called Firestorm plus has an enchanted pet that is similar to a panther,

One nice thing is that you are not locked into your skill placement. You have to stay with your primary and secondary proffessions but you can reclaim skill points and therefore change your character attributes to suit new spells that you receive. Spells are usually awarded for completion of quest. Hopefully later in the game the items will get more interesting but that is one major difference between Diablo and GW. Diablo has much more empasis on items. GW has much more emphasis on character skills and spell usage.
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject:  

Oh and another thing. GW is not a leveling fest. The maximum level is 20. If you make a RPG character you start out at one and have to quest to gain levels. Then you can quest or enter the Arena and PvP. If you just want to PvP, you can select that mode and have an instant Lvl 20 with all the skills available for the professions available and preselected Armors and you can start dueling the best immediately. Most of the PvP is team based with up to 8 man teams (guilds) facing off.
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject:  

ramp ill see you on =)

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Koshi

BNet Acct/Realm: US East scnl, New Zealand
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject:  

Thanks Rampage.

forsaken wrote:
y dont u just go to google and type in "guild wars". chances are, the first hit is the official site of the game

'y' you ask?Because some people would like to hear it from somebody thats playing the game and has played D2.

Page 1 of 5 [69 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: