LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Several suggestions for the moderating team?
Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
MysticFalcon182

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject:  Several suggestions for the moderating team?  

1. Remove the displaying of post count (except in profile)
Seeing as how this has been, and probably will be the source of trouble when it comes to mass identical topics, useless replies, etc.

2. Implement a system of penalties and praising
This can be done by karma (GameFAQs Karma System), Forum Gold, or anything else you can think of, as long as it has no direct tie to post count.

3. Add several new moderators...possibly different types of moderators?
Dunno, if you feel like it... Or just split them up among forums and/or categories.

4. Give me a hug
Very Happy

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject:  

thsi belongs in the suggestion forum.

#1 and #2 have already been suggested by other members. #3 is already under consideration. #4, well, seans the hugger.

MysticFalcon182

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject:  

Sorry about that, for some reason, I couldn't find this forum. Very Happy

Exgreenberet

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject:  

HUG
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject:  

MysticFalcon182 wrote:
Sorry about that, for some reason, I couldn't find this forum. Very Happy

Suggestion #5: Large, flashing ASCII arrows pointing users toward the appropriate forums. Razz

We do need more moderators. Not because the current staff is slacking, but because I'm tired of blaming everything wrong here on B[x]. I need a fresh face at which to point a finger.

The karma thing is also a good idea, *except* that it can be abused. Recently, on another site I was on I got a neg rep (negative reputation) from two people simply because they didn't like what I had said in a thread. This would normally not be a problem, exccept that these two guys had been around forever, and had *huge* karma scores. So their two neg reps completely splattered all the rep I had accrued, simply because the weight of their rep was so much greater than mine. Granted, our system wouldn't necessarily be the same, but there's still that chance of a problem.

Besides, why do we need a karma score? My 1337 post count gives me all the status I need. Wink

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject:  

Sorry Dao, your post count is only 732. You're getting there though.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject:  

ThatGuy wrote:
Sorry Dao, your post count is only 732. You're getting there though.

You joined on my birthday. I turned 29 that year. Good times.

In case you didn't know, I get +500 post count for every .sig that has a quote by me in it. There's currently at least three that I know of, so that's +1500. So my adjusted post count is 2234. Damn, Skippy! I r00lzorz! I'm like... a mod or something.

Hey - here's a suggestion. Since I seem to be loitering around here, maybe I can be the mod for the "Off-Topic forum". Or whatever it's called. Can I actually be the mod of a forum if I can't remember what it's called? Actually, I'd be a terrible mod. I'd constantly insert "Dao iz greet!!!" into everyone's posts.

The mispelling is for comic effect.

Twisted-Prodigy
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:  

dao..... you take drugs? lol your pretty funny and all, but woah.... you seem crazy!
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject:  

Twisted-Prodigy wrote:
dao..... you take drugs? lol your pretty funny and all, but woah.... you seem crazy!

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I've been snorting coke off the bare ass of a Filipina hooker all morning. Actually, I'm surprised I woke up long enough to do even that, considering the tequila and mescaline bender I've been on for the past week. Why mescaline, you ask? Because I sold off all my heroin to buy the roofies and tequila I needed to keep the hooker down long enough to cut the coke on her butt. The coke, if you must know, was a gift.

No, seriously, I don't do drugs. My only addictions are caffeine and masturbation. Did I say that second part out loud?

Uh, so as to not go too off topic here... um... I suggest we make Soaring Squirrel a mod. He's cool, *and* he's a squirrel, which means he's got nuts a guy needs to keep order around here.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:  

I find dao funny and his sig thingy is hilarious.
But i do think there needs to be more mods, voices is scarce cuz he plays WoW, and that makes it harder on rest of the mods.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Twisted-Prodigy
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject:  

Imp wrote:
But i do think there needs to be more mods, voices is scarce cuz he plays WoW, and that makes it harder on rest of the mods.

true, lol sig. is very funny, google mofo. lol

if i had one person to meet on this forum i think it would be him, i would want to chill with him, haha, and also you imp
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:  

Twisted-Prodigy wrote:
Imp wrote:

true, lol sig. is very funny, google mofo. lol

if i had one person to meet on this forum i think it would be him, i would want to chill with him, haha, and also you imp

Ya...lets all HUG! Mr. Green Dao needs a hug...he's in the desert and obviously hallucinating about Filipina hookers. When he know's damn well the only thing to F%$^ over there are hairy/smelly Gerka babes and camels! I guess after awhile camels do look a little like FLIPS??? Confused

I'm pretty sure Voices is just an "honorary" mod...I don't think he actively moderates anything here any more. Krajee/Gheed/Whatever his name is this week I believe took his place.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject:  

I must've missed this thread a while back. Although I could never become a mod when not playing Diablo 2, I think a good (and better) candidate would be Shade, if you guys are still in need of mods.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
I must've missed this thread a while back. Although I could never become a mod when not playing Diablo 2, I think a good (and better) candidate would be Shade, if you guys are still in need of mods.

We have lost Popeye recently as well as Dao. I have a feeling that Gheed and the others are working overtime to fill in for those two. Most of our mods are part-time / no-time so let's all send extra money to the active mods for keeping this place alive!

And, stop giving them SH&% for locking trade threads Razz

I nominate anyone other than me...

Skulls on West might be a decent choice since he is VERY active in the game and VERY active on this site. However, I wouldn't make him trade mod since he'd buy via pm everything ever posted. Laughing Other choices would be: Knifer, Chewie, Imp since they are all active and mature enough to handle being a mod. All 3 seem to have a good knowledge base as well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject:  

I've taken Dao's place, so you can sleep easy knowing that his absence is accounted for.

Imp is in danger of being recommended for banning from the Fire Pit after a barrage of spam regarding certain sexual activity. I am not going to repeat his comments here, but I don't believe he would be a good mod based on his recent conduct.
Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: