LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 9:04 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Level 18 Hardcore Dueler on a Tight Budget
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Moos3d

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject:  Level 18 Hardcore Dueler on a Tight Budget  

Well, here is a large list of questions and other things about a level 18 hardcore dueler I want to build. I haven't really built a LLD ever so I'm in dire need of advice. I'm sorry if this should of gone in strategies but I am unsure of what forum to post it in but if it is wrong feel free to move it.

First, let me state my intention for this build. I find a lot of annoying low level people when I cow and every so often one of them happens to be a dueler or someone looking for a fight. I just want to be able to take these people out but keep it low key where as if I just got a higher level they would laugh and wouldn't dare to set outside. I am thinking of building a zealer.

Second, I haven't played in over a year or two and I've just been back for the last few weeks and I'm not doing very good at hardcore so I need the items to be ones that can be self found relatively easily, bought in normal or nightmare and isn't very godly. At the moment my highest character is a level 36 in act 4 normal.

Third, survival is paramount. I would rather get "beat" and run back into town than die and have to start over so this can't be a high risk build. I still want to use +max jewels in armor instead of rubys but I am thinking I should stock up on +life charms and get as few fine grands as possible.

I think that is all for the statements and now for the actual questions. The questions hint to what I want to use for the build.

Where should I search for a 3 socket mask?

What are the lowest +max jewels I should use?

How many sockets would military picks or scepters from norm cows get?

What difficulty/act can you find %50+ ED shields?

Should I "max" zeal for more hit certainty than 1 point would provide?

Would a charge build be better than a zealot?

How is council for finding death gloves + sash?

What is a good substitute for cow king boots?

What kind of decent small charms are available at 18? (Elemental damage, life, ar, etc..)

Where should I look for ~15 max jewels?

Where is a good place to look for 15 life charms?

I'm sure I have more questions but I really can't think of everything to ask at one time.
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject:  

a couple links to get you started:
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/search.php
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=107

[Important Links]
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject:  

I think that using 10-13 to max's would be fairly cheap even if you did lose them.

I think when you are up to it, cows are a good place to find decent items based on the quantitiy (although I think it was toned down in this patch) of items.

You should probably save any charms that give life/damage/defense, basically anything that will take up space and make your guy stronger Smile. With only a level 36 I doubt it'll be easy to get an entire inventory of lifers.

As for charms, save Pgems and roll for them or trade the Pgems for items to trade for them. When I played HC I managed to get quite a decent amount of good items off of Pgems alone.

This is a bit off-topic but; What realm and are you ladder or non because I quit and might have some items you could use for your character or LLD'er.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
Moos3d

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject:  

USEast Hardcore Ladder but I could use anything USEast hardcore.
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject:  

ok, so you see, hardcore is all about the ears. Damage is the first priority. Zeal will do crap, and there are no hc "duelers" for low lvl, there are just pk's, and pk duelers. You will notice all pallies are chargers, all sins are ts sins, all barbs are throw barbs, all zons will be tppk AA guidzons, and necro's dominate with tppk. There is no running in to town unless you like to take alot of shit for it and are handy at getting in quick.

Uhh im kind of forgetting things while typing 800 other things. Just remember, don't EVER underestimate anything and collect your ears and put them on a mule, ears can be valuable.
Moos3d

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah I know ears can be valuable. The rest just seemed like rambling.
GODZ!

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject:  

yah rambling, don't pay attention but i played hc for a year and pk'd the whole time. you have not a clue. but go for it.
Moos3d

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject:  

I know how stuff works on hardcore. If you think I don't why not just try and enlighten me?
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject:  

enough, i smell smoke and don't want a flame fest to errupt.

[Important Links]
Moos3d

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject:  

So would you guys say a charger or zealot would be the best idea? Or a smiter? If I made a charger would I want to use a weapon/sheild, a good rare pike or a 6 socket pike with jewels?

Also, what do you think a +3 Max, +6 Dex and -15% requirement jewel would compare to a +15 or +10 max? Better or worse?
pwned.nl

BNet Acct/Realm: us east / *pandaeater / 1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:  

norm cow septers get their max, 5 sockets

Vixen

7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject:  

Personally, I would go with the Pike and a shield with full blocking on switch. Use the Pike for the initial hit and then if the target lives switch immedietly to the shield and charge away.

I have some items (I think) remaining on HCL East that I might be able to give you. I have a friend watching my accounts so PM me and maybe I can get you some stuff. Granted it isn't that good (I only played for a few weeks on HCL) but it might help start you off. What type of character is your guy?

Moos3d

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject:  

At the moment my main character is a thorns conversion paladin. I'm having trouble killing Diablo though since he isn't really a boss killer and Diablo doesn't melee much so thorns isn't that great against him. I am also working on a javazon and martial arts assassin incase someone dies it won't be a total loss. Would you use a jeweled pike or a rare pike with 1 or 2 jewels?
Vixen

7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject:  

A jeweled one might be cheaper if you already have the jewels. If not maybe just Ith rune/Pgem a 6 OS one Wink

Moos3d

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject:  

Well, if I was going to go cheap on a weapon like that wouldn't it be better to just use an eth 6 socket pike with 6 Iths? The thing is, since this is hardcore I can't really afford to not use awesome gear because then that one weak point could cause me to die and lose more than what the better pike would of costed.
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: