LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:02 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Trying to resurrect a fallen build
Page 1 of 3 [45 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject:  Trying to resurrect a fallen build  

Pure Bowazon. Very Happy

First off, I have a couple questions.

1. Is penetrate worth it? I heard that it only adds 1/2 of the listed +ar to ranged attacks. Is this true?

2. Should I put 3 pts in inner, SM, and decoy...considering I'm not going to use SM (except maybe in pubbies), I won't use inner much probably, and decoy is kinda useless if you're gonna be moving around all the time. (I guess I kinda answered my own question...)

Though a valk would be really nice...one of the reasons I'm making this build is to see if it's viable or not...if not, I might consider raising the bowazon/all zons lvls to 30 to allow for valk and maybe the 2 lvl 30 jav skills (if anyone actually uses them in PvP)

3. Does pierce work on guided arrow anymore? I thought I read that this was fixed so that the arrow doesn't pierce and come back and hit again, but I don't remember for sure. If not, I guess there's not much of a point to it in PvP...

4. What's a good bow? Skystrike? Max dmg jewels x 5 ashwood bow? 'Zephyr' Ashwood bow?

I'm planning to do these skills:

1 in all prereqs
12 in GA (5.2 mana per arrow)
3 dodge
4 avoid
4 evade
5 crit
1 penetrate?

I'm not sure if I should put maybe more like 9 pts in GA and put more in the evading skills...lvl 9 GA costs 6 mana per arrow, so I might run out of mana...

Items:

The bow in question
17 maxed P crown
angelic ring + ammy
15 max/19 mana twitch
Rare ring...forget exact stats, but it has LL, stats, 100+ ar and ~50 mana.
Deaths gloves/belt
Sanders boots

Charms:
10/ar/7 frw GC
6/ar/5 frw LC
2/ar/5 frw SC
Maybe a couple ~11 mana/5 frw SCs

Rest would be max/ar/life/dex/str charms.

I'm hoping for around 150-200 mana ideally. If I do lvl 9 GA, 6 mana per arrow, I'll be able to shoot around 30-40 arrows before I run out of mana.

So how does it sound?

meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject:  

That's weird. I am making a 30 bowzon too.
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject:  

meitou wrote:
That's weird. I am making a 30 bowzon too.

Why 30 vs. 29? What opens up at 30 besides skills? And Uped Twitch. Laughing

Lost-it

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non ladder Softcore
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject:  

Knarl i had this godly legit Bow from classic, dmg was pretty high, and mad ias. But.. i cant seem to rememebr my pass from acct.. Neutral u can have it if u want

EDIT--
lol your west im newb Neutral
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject:  

Oh my god! I have a godly windforce/botd/enigma/coh/coa/annih/gheeds/doom small charm of the godly uber sexy whale with 2 heads, 19 arms and 3 legs for you

But I can't remember the pass to my account!

Oh! Let me pretend I edited, one second.

EDIT! YOUR ON WEST YOU NOOBIE! no godly windforce/botd/enigma/coh/coa/annih/gheeds/doom small charm of the godly uber sexy whale with 2 heads, 19 arms and 3 legs for you

I had one kid try and tell me he donated 4 windforces (when they were worth 40 sojs) to the clan mule account, but they "disappeared"...

Note, not a flame, just a statement.

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

xZephyrX

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject:  

Penetrate is not worth it and yes you should do inner and sm. One problem a bow will face is speed at that particular lvl. While we are on the subject of zons..... I don't know if anyones noticed but one reason people aren't making lld zons is because the current rules severely handicap zons. Besides that it's simply easier to make an overpowered pally. I hate pally's and will never make one..... still gonna keep craftin and rolling and hope for my dream java to FINALLY be a lvl 29 req!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Go go Knarl for doin a zon.... I thought I was the only one even remotely interested in making this particular class. Smile
xZephyrX

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject:  

Sorry to double post but you might consider cow hooves instead of sanders for the dex boost to help her block. The ar on ga doesnt matter anyway.
GodHatesMe

BNet Acct/Realm: USEAST
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject:  

Why are you using angelic ring and amulet? I thought guided hit everytime why would AR matter? or do you just want +life bonus? If so wouldn't a life ring and +skills amulet with life/mana be better?
MysticFalcon182

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject:  

GodHatesMe wrote:
Why are you using angelic ring and amulet? I thought guided hit everytime why would AR matter? or do you just want +life bonus? If so wouldn't a life ring and +skills amulet with life/mana be better?

Unless my eyes are shit, I don't think Guided Arrow hits all the time.

Try a 6-Socket Gothic Bow with +24 to maximum damage jewels (Carbuncle Jewel of Carnage).

My lv18 Hybrid Amazon has a fun 6-Socket Long War Bow with a Nef and 5 Perfect Emeralds ^_^

GodHatesMe

BNet Acct/Realm: USEAST
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject:  

of course it doesn't hit all the time...it can be blocked and avoided but does the targets def play a role in if it hits or not? like a melee attack? if so then ar would make sense to overcome def but if not........whats the point? I have always been under the impression that AR didn't matter for guided arrow.
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject:  

ik_gremlin wrote:
Sorry to double post but you might consider cow hooves instead of sanders for the dex boost to help her block. The ar on ga doesnt matter anyway.

how do you block with a bow? Rolling Eyes and paladins arent overpowered. its their gear that makes them strong, just like any other character. dont me mad just cuz your zon can beat my strong paladin.

as for your questions on bow sean, talk to dave. hes been tinkering around with a level 30 or 35 bowazon, especially on what bow to use. he may be able to enlighten you.

Lost-it

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject:  

doesnt dex increase dmg? i also seen a bow with -35 Cold resistance.. so maybe u can max cold arrow or something i dunno Neutral

Quote:
Oh my god! I have a godly windforce/botd/enigma/coh/coa/annih/gheeds/doom small charm of the godly uber sexy whale with 2 heads, 19 arms and 3 legs for you

But I can't remember the pass to my account!

Oh! Let me pretend I edited, one second.

EDIT! YOUR ON WEST YOU NOOBIE! no godly windforce/botd/enigma/coh/coa/annih/gheeds/doom small charm of the godly uber sexy whale with 2 heads, 19 arms and 3 legs for you

I had one kid try and tell me he donated 4 windforces (when they were worth 40 sojs) to the clan mule account, but they "disappeared"...

Note, not a flame, just a statement.

Why is it every time i post u spam?
u like me huh? Embarassed DATE!!111!!@!@ PLZZZ Embarassed Embarassed
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject:  

anytime anyone posts I spam.

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

Lost-it

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject:  

OMG SPAZZ I WANNA BE U!!111 I OFFICALLY SPAM EVERYTIME SOME ON POSTS!@#!1111
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject:  

I made the zon, it sorta sucks. I went for GA and life replenish, open wound, physical damage is decent too. So far I only dueled LLD necro, and for that it has to totally rely on open wound, so the duel is long and not fun at all, at least for me, and eventually it lost to necro everytime. I think if I get some more r/w and be extremely careful, might do better, but either way, it's not that fun. I think it should do fine vs cold or fire sorcs with 90% 95% resis and lots of life replenish, but TS/lightning sorc could get her I guess. Even for fire, cold sorc, if they don't want to, they will never die to this zon neither.

So the first impression is: sucks sucks sucks.

Oh, this zon should kill wind druid, hammer din with no problem, but hell, that's a noobish comparison.

As for lvl 30, I just like the magic number 30, also, I am using the upgraded rogue's bow and artisan's light plate of squid, but at lvl 29 you still can do without them.
Page 1 of 3 [45 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: