LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
raffle ?!?!?!!?!
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
pwned.nl
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: us east / *pandaeater / 1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject:  raffle ?!?!?!!?!  

I think it would be really cool to have a raffle again like 1337_haxors christmas raffle. What do ya'll think? We can get some people to donate stuff and do the same basic idea he had. I think it would be really cool. Let me know wat u think bout this idea

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject:  

...his raffle was him selling tickets (#'s) for sojs or life charms (and him keeping them), and then the winner getting to pick items off the list, first win first choose.

who is going to get the proceeds hmm? you i suppose?

pwned.nl

BNet Acct/Realm: us east / *pandaeater / 1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject:  

depends on who helps
and how much
i dont see y the profits cant be divided

Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject:  

Sounds similar to just posting on the trade forum with an ISO of Sojs. Only this one has the added complication of splitting up the items based on who contributed what.

I seriously doubt this will work for one reason: Why would you contribute items and potentially get less than if you just made a FT list on the trading thread.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
Bountiehunter

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject:  

rafle nothing ill donate to a free one. put items in draw names from peeps who regularly post each weak tada they win ^^ im sure it wont be hard to keep this going from week to week hell ill submit a 15 maxer every time at least if i have to

@Us West - Bountiehunter <-> Bountiehunter13 mostly on 9 Wink
GODZ!

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject:  

Is there a bonus to people who post lots and lots and less bonus to people who read more than they type? It seems like it would turn into a posting race. Higher post= better chance. How would you regulate who is a regular poster. what if someone had a post count of 7 and has only been here 1 week. Thats 1 post a day, is that regular poster?
Bountiehunter

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject:  

lol your reading too much into it if your gonna tear down an idea why not try to build onto it as well. if you dont have anything good to say dont say it Laughing
perhaps it would start out as a post then people would enter their names each time before the rafle is drawn. then the board would be cleaned and we could do it again the next week ^^

it would be user suported no entrance fees just donations
i think it would be fun and could brng more peeps to the sight

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject:  

Bountiehunter wrote:
if you dont have anything good to say dont say it

This applies to insults. He was giving constructive criticism, not insulting you.

Bountiehunter wrote:
perhaps it would start out as a post then people would enter their names each time before the rafle is drawn. then the board would be cleaned and we could do it again the next week ^^

Wipe the boards of its members for a raffle? Can you say "pointless"?

Bountiehunter wrote:

Yeah, people we don't want - people looking for handouts.

[Important Links]
Bountiehunter

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:  

Bountiehunter wrote:
if you dont have anything good to say dont say it

B[x] wrote:
his applies to insults. He was giving constructive criticism, not insulting you.

Bountiehunter wrote:

B[x] wrote:
Wipe the boards of its members for a raffle? Can you say "pointless"?

im gonna kill two birds with one stone. For one i never said he was insulting me i only said that if he is going to say an idea isnt going to work it would be appretiated if he could posibly give his own imput on how to make it work. secondly your "can you say pointless" remark how in any way is this constructive. Or for that mater mature. i dont see you giving ideas on how to make this possible.

also what do you mean whipe the boards of its members ? im saying you make a post titled rafle people sign their names in much like for the lists for vlld etc (they could keep the list as one large one by quoting the previous post and simply adding their name that way no one needs to mess with it) a name is drawn the post is deleted and you start over. its an idea. other sites have proven that rafles do work.

Bountiehunter wrote:

B[x] wrote:
Yeah, people we don't want - people looking for handouts.

LOL
this makes no sense the idea of a raffle IS for people to get "handouts" its for free a gift a prize nothing "earned". If someone hears that there is a site that has free rafles for items they are going to check it out. then its a "hey i didnt know you could do that with lld" moment. they wont come to just see the rafle, if they are here they will see much more wether they want to or not. its a good way for others to see what we do here.

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject:  

Bountiehunter wrote:
if he is going to say an idea isnt going to work it would be appretiated if he could posibly give his own imput on how to make it work.

If you're going to start a raffle (and I'm assuming you have thought of it because you bumped a 4 month-old thread), you should be more than happy when members (like Godz) point out possible flaws. If it is your raffle, it is your job to make sure that it works, not other members.

Bountiehunter wrote:
also what do you mean whipe the boards of its members ? im saying you make a post titled rafle people sign their names

My mistake, when you said "the board would be cleaned" I thought you meant the whole memberlist would be cleaned so that the number of posts the person had wouldn't matter. It made sense in my mind back then but well, that was back then.

Bountiehunter wrote:
secondly your "can you say pointless" remark how in any way is this constructive.

I was in a rush when I posted this and like I said a few lines up, I misunderstood what you were getting at, thus making my "can you say pointless" remark, well, pointless.

Bountiehunter wrote:
this makes no sense the idea of a raffle IS for people to get "handouts" its for free a gift a prize nothing "earned". If someone hears that there is a site that has free rafles for items they are going to check it out. then its a "hey i didnt know you could do that with lld" moment. they wont come to just see the rafle, if they are here they will see much more wether they want to or not. its a good way for others to see what we do here.

If it's your idea to lure people to this site (and to LLDing) by a raffle, you're using the wrong kind of bait. If you want to get people into LLDing, do so by teaching them about LLDing, not by offering them items to start LLDing. I'm pretty sure that most of the people that would come for the raffle would come for just that. Sure we might get a few people to stick around and try LLDing for a few weeks but in the end, you'd just be getting people that would enter in the raffle to win prizes and just resell them back to the LLDing community.

Also, think of the following scenario:
You hear that a site is giving out free items and that all you have to do is sign up and write your name in a thread. You think, "Hey, I can just sign up with many different accounts and enter in this raffle many times, thus increasing my chances to win."
How do you think the moderators (and the person running the raffle) can police this? Since all of the people you are trying to lure in are new members, we can't say that you need 50+ posts to enter the raffle.

[Important Links]
Bountiehunter

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject:  

I would like to say that i respect what you and any other established member have to say and that i love how you guys have run this sight thusfar. i guess that i as well was quick to post. My appologies Godz. If you have more input i am more than willing to hear it and would appretiate any help you are willing to give. I dont mean to turn anyone off to this idea with quick remarks.

Perhaps 50post rule could be a good idea ^^ it solves a good amount of the problems. although it could lead to spam > < perhaps raise it to 100 posts to make it hard to spam your way in without making it obvious. Use the rafle as a way to give back to the comunity thats stuck with us. (LOL i dont even think im at 100 posts yet... or would this be it here ? )

if givin the go ahead with enough pre thought im more than willing to lead this up and would appretiate any help and suport from any of the members.

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject:  

Sounds like you guys really want to give stuff away so if it makes you feel any better.... my account is WFG-DUDE so bountie...anytime u feel u need to give away a 15maxer...i'm there for you dude! Laughing

Seriously tho, If this can be tracked there could be a "prize" of some sort for the player with the most REFERRALS to this site. Perhaps that could be a line in the enrollment application...."who referred you to this site". Whoever recruits the most...gets a prize! Doesn't even have to be godly like SOJ...could just be a 6s mil pick...or w/e. Create a mule acct that holds prizes for the top recruiters each month from each realm. Have current members donate LLD items to the mules.

That way there is no spamming or politics or anything.

LLD101 gets more members...moderators get more frustrated dealing with more NOOBS...everyone wins!!! Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
PuFFiN

BNet Acct/Realm: NH(Us East NL Sc)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject:  

It does not NEED profit, you could always try and just have one person from 101 randomly selected to get a nice free item ^^ instead of having to buy a tickit or anything

Account: *PC-PuFFiN
None atm...lost all my items =(
UsEast Non-Ladder Softcore

bing

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject:  

well u could possably have the fee to get in be the item that is in it were every1 that is in it gets an item (more like a secret santa thing)

set the min value of the entry item and go from there possaby

have some1 not in it set the items to #'s then have every1 guess a number or something just an idea dono if some1 said this as i honistly didnt read the whole post Sad
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject:  

bing wrote:
dono if some1 said this as i honistly didnt read the whole post Sad

well next time read that. that was the suggestion in the very first post. Rolling Eyes

Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: