LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:19 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
MLD lvl 53 barb
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
ClawMaster

BNet Acct/Realm: Realm: Europe NL, Sweden
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject:  MLD lvl 53 barb  

i choose lvl 53 due to enable kingslayer Highland blade as im on nl yet :S, thinking of remake to a lvl 49 build with oath later though Very Happy

this is my gear as of yet:
Armor: Eth glitched shaft (30ed/9str jool)
Helm: Eth gliched Arreats (30ed/9str jool)
Weapon: Kingslayer Highland (267 ed i think, i use Highland blade to get last ww frame)
Shield: dunno yet, cant decide between Santuary Hyperion and Whitsans
Ring 1: Angelics
Ring 2: Raven (23xar/20dex)
Amu: Angelics
Belt: 8ll/15dr string / 100 life belt vs casters

the main questions i have is... should i make a duress wire and use that or stick with my shaft for dr? Wink, how to place skills?, charms im thinking of using ~6*25-30life wc skillers and rest with misc max/life, is that good or should i use pure max/life?

wake-up

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject:  

Well, unless you calculated that your blocking speed was too slow with Sanctuary, I see no reason to use whitstans. Shaft will be better than Duress except against casters, IMO. As for charms, max/life charms would probably be better.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject:  

duress is one of the most highly underestimated armors, it's better than shaft vs casters and it's also really good in melee too, i would say it equals out with shaft in melee, definetly use sanc, is highland faster than balrog? i used balrog kingslayer on my mld barb, i dont remember why i just remember looking at all possible options and deciding that for my build balrog worked best. you should use all max/life because then yuo get the AR too from them, and ar is pretty important. string is probabyl better to use vs casters (besides poison) anyways, depending on your life. 15 mdr means any element and any magic attaxck reduced by 15 per hit, if you get hit 10 times, then thats 105 life, so once you get hit 10 times or more the string is more useful than the 100 life belt, so if you think you will have enough life to withstand 10 hits or more from the caster than just use string. you didnt mention any boots? i would say use gore rider, 2nd choice war traveler or one of the rare resist/frw/fhr boots. if you need the 20 fhr from boots cause you can tget it anywhere else, wear the rares over gore rider. you also didnt say any gloves, if you use mostly ww you should use ik gloves, it gives 40 stats! very nice. if you use mostly conc you can get some 20 ias gloves with str or dex, if that lets you hit the next conc frame. i used ik gloves on mine. if you use conc you might think about replacing 30/9 jewels with 30/15ias. how about a skill setup? whats that like for your barb
ClawMaster

BNet Acct/Realm: Realm: Europe NL, Sweden
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject:  

well... according to all speed calcs balrog doesnt get last ww frame with 30 ias... it needs 35 :S... im on eu realm btw ;D, i think ill use gores as my boots vs all but casters there ill use some rare res/fhr boots (since i will use duress and will have as much ow/crush i need)... hmmm...

my skillsetup is atm:
12ww (i choose to keep this quiet low and sword mastery high due to the mana cost @ this ;D)
20sword mastery
20bo
1 nr
1 shout
1 speed
1 stamina

Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: