LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Flaming Monkey Feces
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 2 of 3 [32 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject:  

www.iownjoo.com

but really screw the bet no offense, all itll lead to is bickering and will never really go anywhere...

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject:  

It is a retarded bet, but I'll have to vouch for Spazz.

GodHatesMe

BNet Acct/Realm: USEAST
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject:  

A Few Things Need to Be Addressed

1) I?m aware that battle.net cannot detect if someone goes to the d2jsp forums, I was referring to the bot that the site hosts. I was implying Spazz might have been using it even though I had no idea if he was or wasn?t because he used the site. That was stupid of me but its over and we should stop talking about it. MY BAD.

2) The bet that spazz and myself made pertained to whether or not basketball was an ?American? sport. What would determine if it was American or not was never agreed upon he simply said it was a Canadian sport and I disagreed (stupid argument already). I then stated that basketball was invented in INDIANA not INDIA. Spazz then bet me a rune that it was a Canadian sport and I agreed to the bet. What would determine if it was Canadian or American sport was still never determined the bet was just on. After googling about the origins of basketball I came to discover a few things. Basketball was in fact invented by a man born in Almonte, Ontario by the name of James Naismith. However, he DIDN?T invent the game in Canada it was invented in Springfield, Massachusetts (IN AMERICA) at a school called The International Young Men?s Christian Training College to keep AMERICAN youth out of trouble for the summer. From then on Basketball became quiet popular. Originally it had 13 main rules that Naismith had developed and perfected by 1892. At first people used soccer balls to dribble up and down the court but on June 25th 1929 US (as in AMERICAN) patent #1,718,305 was released and granted to G.L. Pierce (AMERICAN CITIZEN) this patent was of course for the basketball that we know and love today.

So what does all this mean? Well it means that neither of us were right because #1 it was never decided upon what would determine if basketball was American or Canadian and #2 it would appear as if both countries have their claim in the development of the sport. Naismith of course was Canadian but invented the game on US soil for US kids to play, he was inducted into the Basketball hall of Fame in 1959 which of course is located in America. O and I forgot to say isn?t the NBA located in America? Isn?t that like the premier basketball league all over the world? Does Canada even have a basketball league? Do people in other countries watch it?

It is for these reasons that I have no intentions of keeping my ?bet? with spazz. I imagine he will reply to this claiming I?m wrong and how I cheated him?maybe even post a few screen shots of me talking shit (it was pretty ugly) and get some witness testimony but it won?t matter. Because I?m never going to pay. I suggest that the issue just be dropped to prevent a flame war.

here are some sites I used for info
http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blbasketball.htm
http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/Naismith.htm
http://www.allsands.com/Entertainment/People/jamesnaismith_byx_gn.htm
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject:  

Someones really eager to keep the rune..
If I weren't so damn lazy/uneducated on the subject of posting pictures..

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

Jayaz_Forteck

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject:  

Owch, unless there's something incriminating in those screenies, it looks like you two made a bet nobody can win Shocked
Lost-it

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non ladder Softcore
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject:  

here, to settle the argument give the runes to me ^_^
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject:  

did indiana,the state, or america, the country, make basketball? no. did the university make basketball? no. did a canadian make basketball? yes. doesnt matter where it was made (countries cannot make things, its physically impossible for them, due to a lack of arms), but by whom. therefore it is a canadian made sport.

with that said, you shouldnt say things you have no intention of carrying out. all a man has is his word to live by, and if you go around making false promises, you have nothing left. no integrity, no honor, no nothing.
you obviously (since you said already) are not going to pay him, but dont make bets you have no intention of paying in the first place, for that would be the very definition of a 'loser'.

GodHatesMe

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
did indiana,the state, or america, the country, make basketball? no. did the university make basketball? no. did a canadian make basketball? yes. doesnt matter where it was made (countries cannot make things, its physically impossible for them, due to a lack of arms), but by whom. therefore it is a canadian made sport.

with that said, you shouldnt say things you have no intention of carrying out. all a man has is his word to live by, and if you go around making false promises, you have nothing left. no integrity, no honor, no nothing.
you obviously (since you said already) are not going to pay him, but dont make bets you have no intention of paying in the first place, for that would be the very definition of a 'loser'.

So I?m a loser now? Cause I won?t pay for a bet that was never firmly decided on what would constitute winning? Or am I loser cause neither of us won the bet cause both countries took part in creating the sport? Or am I a loser because you, VoicesLLD, has decided, COMPLETELY REMOVED FROM THE CIRCUMSTANCES SUROUNDING THE BET (what realm are you on again? O that?s right WEST), have decided that I should pay? Go ahead post after this reiterating your opinion that I?m wrong please it fascinates me to read what you have to say about others peoples business.
Spazz

0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject:  

Explain how america took part? He was standing on american soil. he could have been swimming in the ocean and made the sport, and it would still be canadian.

Characters:

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject:  

spazz posted this on the forum, thus it is everyones business now.

specifics are a loop hole for people who dont want to stick to their word. if i bet you i can eat 40 hotdogs, and then dont, i cant say "oh..well i didnt say how long itd take me". you bet him it was an "american sport", it being invented by a canadian is pretty much obvious to anyone that it isnt.

what does the realm im on have anything to do with it? do people on east have less morals? i didnt know the people on east were any different from the people on west. (ps: i played on east for over a year Wink ).

i wasnt calling you a loser, i was simply stating that anyone who "make(s) bets you have no intention of paying in the first place, for that would be the very definition of a 'loser'." take that as it is, a generalization.

as for you paying him. if you honestly believed you didnt owe him atleast something for this bet, you wouldnt be defending yourself so vigilantly.

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject:  

I WOULD like to hear an opinion from an american though...

Lost-it

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non ladder Softcore
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject:  

can i have my rune now kk thx not good
Spazz

0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject:  

Lost-it wrote:

Korean "k thx not good" all in one sentence died like.. a year ago, it is now considered uncool to say that.

"not good" alone is fine

Anyway, stop asking for a rune, your obviously not going to get it, and neither am I by the looks of it, but I'm actually deserving of one.....

Characters:

GodHatesMe

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:  

[quote="Spazz"]
Lost-it wrote:

Korean "k thx not good" all in one sentence died like.. a year ago, it is now considered uncool to say that.

"not good" alone is fine

quote]

lol...........I never understood the need for 2 k's
Spazz

0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject:  

I never understood why it was so damn hard to hit the "quote" button..

Also, never understood why people didn't live up to their words..

Characters:

Page 2 of 3 [32 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: