LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:59 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Time flies...
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
VoodooCamel

BNet Acct/Realm: Gettin' Owned USEast Style
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject:  Time flies...  

It's amazing, ten months ago I registered to these forums... scary indeed. It just seems like yesterday that I registered to these forums after finding the post on the Clan Honor forums section of diabloii.net. Even more scary is the fact that Diablo 2 has been a part of my life long before that point. Litterally years I have spent on this game and made many a friend, and many a rival. The amazing part is that some of my friend on battle net I have known longer, and know better then my friends in real life. It destroyed me when a very good friend of mine quit with no good-bye. I still remember the final parts of our last conversation as I was doing a role-playing map on Brood Wars. This was a very long time ago.

My real life friend that I have known since 9th grade is moving to Florida from Pennsylvania because his girlfriend is pregnant. The thing is, I was more crushed by my friend quitting bnet then my real life friend moving insanely far away. It was apon learning this that I came apon the revelation that I have completely wasted years of my life. I first got the internet around 3.5 years ago and met my friend who quit my first days on battlenet.

While I was playing Diablo2 I have done some things that today I still feel bad about. The things I did are unforgivable in my mind despite the fact that this is only a game. To me, it wasn't a game, but part of my life. This is why I must leave, because my life has long since been gone, and it is time I rekindled the flame... went swimming... got a tan...

I have realised that it is quite pathetic that people I communicate with across the internet have touched my life more then those that are right there, and a part of my life. I have been through tough times in the 3.5 years online, and I always went to my friends online for comfort instead of the real ones in front of me. It is after realising this, that I must finnally end my stay apon the useast realm and battle.net.

I didn't know many of you, and Im sure many of you couldn't care less that this "voodoocamel" is quitting diablo 2. To all those who did know me on useast I have enjoyed my time spent with you, but sadly it is time for me to go after what is real, and stop living in a fantasy reality. I hope that the spirit of lld will continue to follow you all as you continue your journey, but sadly the spirit has long left me. I will probably be on a final time to give away what little wealth I have gained and then be gone. For all those here at the lld101 forums, I wish you the best of luck.

Best Wishes,
C / Voodoo / Hammy
Scott Baker

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject:  

so many quitting lately, i'm sorry to see another one go even though i didn't really know you. you're making a wise choice in quitting. i suggest you throw out your CDs so that you're not tempted again to play d2, i know i've quit d2 a few times over the years only to come crawling back. right now i barely play and i think i've found a good balance but if your balance involves not playing at all, so be it.
have fun with whatever you get hooked with next, whether it be gaming related or not.

[Important Links]
Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject:  

Sad to lose another. And then there were (approx) 600. I agree with bx though, that it IS a very wise choice. The internet and chat programs have destroyed our abilities to communicate effectively in real life, to some extent. I felt like I wasted a good portion of my life after I got hacked almost a year ago. If you want to look at the silver lining though, it's not a complete waste of time if you had fun. Good luck in life. Cheers.

Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject:  

as every 1 else said hate to see another one go.....u will be missed here as will every 1 else who has quit....gl in life and getting everything in order.....hope u have nothing but happy times in your new life....goodbye

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject:  

In my opinion the main reason why it hurts so much more loosing an online friend - rather than one in real life is that you know there is no way you will ever be able to find that person again (save for if they contact you again).
I also think your'e making a good choice and, good luck on whatever you decide to do.
diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject:  

Peace your research did help me alot dood i cant really say much since i never got to really know you but eh you will be missed

Ah ya alot of people have seemed to quit lately Whos next?

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject:  

Good luck in life voodoo. I'm sure many of us know how hard it is to truly quit. I know I've "quit" before, and come back a few months later to discover expired characters, and I get hooked all over again. -_- As Bx said, throw away your CDs, otherwise you might be tempted to waste more of your life on here. And there's nothing wrong about having good online buddies. The only difference is that you don't get to actually see them.
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject:  

Join the club, Ham. Have a great life ahead of you.

VoodooCamel

BNet Acct/Realm: Gettin' Owned USEast Style
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject:  

I have to apologize for that post, I was feeling very depressed about my friend moving away... but I will still be quitting D2. I have wasted so much time on this game it's not even funny Laughing

I dunno, another friend of mine is getting home from basic tommorow, so maybe seeing him along with my other friends will cheer me up. But yeah, d2 has got to go, it's so addicting and I have no idea why... it's like pixelized crack or something like that...

xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject:  

well hopeyou cheer up and take care of yourself Wink

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject:  

:(

^says it all.
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: